Agree these thing need to stay closed until May
Pubs
Restaurants
Work(can do from home)

But for the life of me why can't these return
Outside sports Golf
Gyms
Schools

Gyms are a no for me at the minute, id be at the gym 6 days a week but the chances of catching stuff at the gym before Covid was extremely high. Classes like spin or Hiit, pump and so on in a room would be so easy for the likes of this virus to spread.

I'd feel safer in a pub than a gym if I'm being honest. I've repeatedly called for outdoor sports to be open, I don't see the issue providing everyone goes to it on their own.

I'm working in a safe environment and greeting people who are the most vulnerable so providing people use proper ppe and follow the correct procedures work should be safe.

As for being caged up, that's just bollox exaggeration shite. Go visit someone, stand outside and chat parks are open takeaways are open, plenty space to go for a run to keep fit.

actually agree on the gyms bit, Im the same would be in the gym every day if I could. My own gym was good and id feel safe in there as its pretty big, well spaced out with really good ventilation and they restricted the numbers but id say that was the exception rather than the rule so I wouldn't be opening them yet. But cant see why outdoor sports cant get going, even the likes of outdoor circuits etc now the weather is starting to change.

I read this morn that outdoor sports in England will be resuming next month for adult and children, id say that'll put pressure on NI government to do the same and Id say it will only be a week or 2 behind fingers crossed.

imtommygunn

Have they not basically said that outdoor sports(kid wise anyway) would be ok but go against the stay at home message?

That would mean to me the messaging needs to change before anything happens. I worry about how far they've gone and how they can change that message.

lurganblue

Quote from: themac_23 on February 22, 2021, 08:15:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2021, 07:53:46 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 22, 2021, 07:06:30 AM
Well said Armagh
Explain how we are not locked up
As Armagh can't do anything other than walk outside
We are caged up
Time some stuff was lifted
Agree these thing need to stay closed until May
Pubs
Restaurants
Work(can do from home)

But for the life of me why can't these return
Outside sports Golf
Gyms
Schools

Gyms are a no for me at the minute, id be at the gym 6 days a week but the chances of catching stuff at the gym before Covid was extremely high. Classes like spin or Hiit, pump and so on in a room would be so easy for the likes of this virus to spread.

I'd feel safer in a pub than a gym if I'm being honest. I've repeatedly called for outdoor sports to be open, I don't see the issue providing everyone goes to it on their own.

I'm working in a safe environment and greeting people who are the most vulnerable so providing people use proper ppe and follow the correct procedures work should be safe.

As for being caged up, that's just bollox exaggeration shite. Go visit someone, stand outside and chat parks are open takeaways are open, plenty space to go for a run to keep fit.

actually agree on the gyms bit, Im the same would be in the gym every day if I could. My own gym was good and id feel safe in there as its pretty big, well spaced out with really good ventilation and they restricted the numbers but id say that was the exception rather than the rule so I wouldn't be opening them yet. But cant see why outdoor sports cant get going, even the likes of outdoor circuits etc now the weather is starting to change.

I read this morn that outdoor sports in England will be resuming next month for adult and children, id say that'll put pressure on NI government to do the same and Id say it will only be a week or 2 behind fingers crossed.

Surely not lads, as my social media is covered in PTs telling me their gyms are 100% safe.  I'd have been a gym goer myself but haven't been in one since last Feb now. 

Itching to get back to some outdoor coaching with the Gaelic now that the weather has started to take a good turn.  Cant see it happening until at least the end of April.

sid waddell

Well said Armagh
We are caged up
Hysterical nonsense like this does you no favours

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on February 22, 2021, 10:28:47 AM
Well said Armagh
We are caged up
You might be happy living in a fecking police state where you can barely walk up the road without getting questioned but I'm not.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2021, 10:38:07 AM
Well said Armagh
We are caged up
You might be happy living in a fecking police state where you can barely walk up the road without getting questioned but I'm not.

I haven't spoken to one person that's happy about lockdowns... Ive also not spoken to one person that has be getting questioned when you are walking up a road either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

The anti-lockdown extremists are totally nuts

They're living in a fantasy world of la la, made out of straw men

They talk like dystopian Enda McNultys, vacuous nonsense

Redhand Santa

Well said Armagh
We are caged up

I've drove to work regularly and been out and about plenty since last March and haven't been stopped by or saw the police stopping once (while either walking or in the car).

five points

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 22, 2021, 10:43:44 AM
Well said Armagh
We are caged up

I've drove to work regularly and been out and about plenty since last March and haven't been stopped by or saw the police stopping once (while either walking or in the car).

I presume you're in the north? In the south, the Gardai are everywhere.

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on February 22, 2021, 10:48:06 AM
Well said Armagh
We are caged up

I ain't seen them

But it's good to know they're out there

As they should be

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on February 22, 2021, 10:50:02 AM
I ain't seen them

As they should be

You mustn't be getting out much.

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on February 22, 2021, 10:54:36 AM
I ain't seen them

As they should be

Not that much - as a socially conscious individual, I adhere to restrictions

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on February 22, 2021, 11:03:39 AM
Quote from: five points on February 22, 2021, 10:54:36 AM
I ain't seen them

As they should be

Not that much - as a socially conscious individual, I adhere to restrictions

Same here. Work, a few shops and that's it for me. And still the Gardai are everywhere.

sid waddell

I wonder how much overlap there is between people who are currently hysterically going on about a so called "police state" and people who in normal times are demanding more police on the streets and to flog criminals - the "tough on crime, hang em' high" , pro-death penalty brigade

A big overlap, I would guess

Armagh18

Well said Armagh
We are caged up

I ain't seen them

As they should be
Why on earth would you want those rats out and about? Same c***ts who can post videos of dancing at the beach but fine people for going for a swim?