China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 19, 2021, 05:17:43 PM
So the data up to today in the O6 states.

0-19 - 14,461 cases; 1 death (0.0069% fatality rate)
20-39 - 40,194 cases; 5 deaths (0.0124% fatality rate)
40-59 - 33,824 cases; 92 death (0.272% fatality rate)
60-79 - 15,190 cases; 684 deaths (4.503% fatality rate)
80+ - 6,497 cases; 1,243 deaths (19.1319% fatality rate)

So if you're under 20, you have a 1 in 14,461 chance of dying if you test positive
If you are 20-39 you have a 1 in 8,039 chance of dying if you test positive
If you are 40-59 you have a 1 in 367 chance of dying if you test positive
If you are 60-79 you have a 1 in 22 chance of dying if you test positive
If you are 80+ you have a 1 in 5 chance of dying if you test positive

And that's BEFORE you even factor in the 93% of people who die who already have underlying health conditions.

Let's just open up, i like the odds of 1-367
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2021, 05:35:23 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 19, 2021, 05:34:09 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2021, 05:32:55 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 19, 2021, 05:31:48 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2021, 05:29:21 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 19, 2021, 05:28:03 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2021, 05:03:43 PM
Good oul right-wing Gmac!
We should have been vaccinating people not locking them up.
Does he realise the Vaccinations only came on stream 9 or 10 months later.
But I suppose when you go full Yank rwnj you leave all your brains aside.
it's right wing to want to vaccinate people not lock them up ?
You may want to examine your ideology not me .
Who is "locked up" currently in Ireland other than prisoners?
good they should be
Answer the question please
locked down
So nobody apart from prisoners are "locked up"?

And your statement that people were locked up was just hysterical nonsense?
if you can't get in your own car on your own and drive 5km from your house is that not hysterical none sense ? Hysterical none sense is now government policy all over the world.

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on February 19, 2021, 05:42:58 PM
good they should be
locked down

if you can't get in your own car on your own and drive 5km from your house is that not hysterical none sense ? Hysterical none sense is now government policy all over the world.
But you claimed people were locked up

They aren't

What we have are some common sense public health restrictions and guidelines

The temporary abolition of which has already proven to be disastrous

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2021, 05:45:05 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 19, 2021, 05:42:58 PM
good they should be
locked down

But you claimed people were locked up

They aren't

What we have are some common sense public health restrictions and guidelines

The temporary abolition of which has already proven to be disastrous
semantics , I agree some are needed and that some are common sense and some are none
sense , getting outside getting fresh air and sun and staying healthy, taking vitamins and supplements are common sense too but very little said about that .
Governments of all countries should be looking out for their citizens and doing whatever they can to purchase and vaccinate their people starting with over 60s , most resources should go to this IMO

dublin7

Governments are looking after their citizens. The mistake the Irish government made at Christmas was listening to the citizens/media and ignoring NPHET.

As things went so wrong in December the government will be following pretty much everything NPHET recommend to avoid something similar happening again. Meanwhile they are trying to vaccinate as many people as they can as quickly as they can. They don't want to have the country in lockdown any more than anybody else

People are criticising the government for being so far behind the UK in terms of vaccinations and they're right we are way behind, but it's not comparing like with like. EU bought the vaccinations to be shared pro rata around the European countries and all of Europe is way behind the UK. Ireland as a nation does not have the finances/negotiating power to go out on their own to buy enough of the vaccines so going through Europe was the only option.

Blowitupref

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 06:13:28 PM
Governments are looking after their citizens. The mistake the Irish government made at Christmas was listening to the citizens/media and ignoring NPHET.

As things went so wrong in December the government will be following pretty much everything NPHET recommend to avoid something similar happening again. Meanwhile they are trying to vaccinate as many people as they can as quickly as they can. They don't want to have the country in lockdown any more than anybody else

People are criticising the government for being so far behind the UK in terms of vaccinations and they're right we are way behind, but it's not comparing like with like. EU bought the vaccinations to be shared pro rata around the European countries and all of Europe is way behind the UK. Ireland as a nation does not have the finances/negotiating power to go out on their own to buy enough of the vaccines so going through Europe was the only option.
NPHET was ok with easing restrictions in December, we were down to 250 cases per day and had a little over 200 in hospital. What they recommend was essential travel only at Christmas which wasn't heeded by the government.  Both underestimated the amount of mixing at Christmas and the New Year and people letting their guards down.

In other news RIP to Tony Holohans wife. She had terminal cancer.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 06:13:28 PM

I read somewhere that the EU were paying $18 a dose for Modern while the Brits were paying $40.
If we'd try to go it alone ut would probably have been $80!!
I would suspect similar pricing with Astra and Pfizer, which probably explains Astras shenanigans.

RIP  Mrs Holohan
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 19, 2021, 06:33:33 PM
NPHET was ok with easing restrictions in December, we were down to 250 cases per day and had a little over 200 in hospital. What they recommend was essential travel only at Christmas which wasn't heeded by the government.  Both underestimated the amount of mixing at Christmas and the New Year and people letting their guards down.

NPHET said to make sure the people coming in isolate and they said that you could have hospitality open or you could allow people visit at Christmas, but not both.
The government ignored them on both of these points. The problem was that people were out in the pub with one crowd on the 19th of December and then meeting rake of family a week later when they were infectious.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Rossfan will be raging as one of his beloved WHO has gone rogue on lockdowns.

"I've said this since the beginning, if you focus on cases, contacts and clusters, if you focus on restricting the movement of those who are sick or their contacts then you don't have to restrict the movement of all of society", Dr Mike Ryan, WHO Executive Director
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on February 19, 2021, 09:12:17 PM

"I've said this since the beginning, if you focus on cases, contacts and clusters, if you focus on restricting the movement of those who are sick or their contacts then you don't have to restrict the movement of all of society", Dr Mike Ryan, WHO Executive Director

While I don't think most would disagree, the problem is that a large number of people waiting for results or tested positive don't restrict their movements. I have first hand experience of 2 people, who were close contacts waiting for results turning up for a wake, despite clearly calling out the house was private to immediate family due to 2 members of having underlying conditions and  shielding. One of the people subsequently tested positive.

You can't legislate for morons.

dublin7

Quote from: thebigfella on February 19, 2021, 10:09:13 PM

While I don't think most would disagree, the problem is that a large number of people waiting for results or tested positive don't restrict their movements. I have first hand experience of 2 people, who were close contacts waiting for results turning up for a wake, despite clearly calling out the house was private to immediate family due to 2 members of having underlying conditions and  shielding. One of the people subsequently tested positive.

Maybe it's just me but having read the quotes of Dr Ryan above can someone point out were he criticizes lockdowns.

The link below contains the quotes were you know who claimed he is anti lockdown. In it he says he have to be careful when easing restrictions but doesn't say lockdowns are wrong and if the government isn't careful they could make things worse.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1197553/

Smurfy123

OP waiting list in the south shows total nunber of patients waiting for a first appointment is 150000 which is 55000 46% increase since February 2020
Is he cure going to outlast the problem
Deaths in England have falling off a cliff
Vaccines are here and work yet we will be locked down for another 7 weeks at least
No plan to come out of it not 1
Conor Murphy said do not plan a single thing before Easter so why the f**k didn't they extend lockdown until April the 8th which is the Friday after Easter?
Are these politician clueless
Outdoor sports for all levels scientifically safe but Robbie Swan says that goes against the stay at home messages. He admitted it was safe. Why are takeaways open if that's the case? Are takeaways essential? The masks are starting to slip
Serious serious questions to be asked when all this finally ends

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 20, 2021, 10:07:01 AM
OP waiting list in the south shows total nunber of patients waiting for a first appointment is 150000 which is 55000 46% increase since February 2020
Is he cure going to outlast the problem
Deaths in England have falling off a cliff
Vaccines are here and work yet we will be locked down for another 7 weeks at least
No plan to come out of it not 1
Conor Murphy said do not plan a single thing before Easter so why the f**k didn't they extend lockdown until April the 8th which is the Friday after Easter?
Are these politician clueless
Outdoor sports for all levels scientifically safe but Robbie Swan says that goes against the stay at home messages. He admitted it was safe. Why are takeaways open if that's the case? Are takeaways essential? The masks are starting to slip
Serious serious questions to be asked when all this finally ends

only going to adress the 1st part of the post. it is well known that OP and others are not getting the medical treatment they require. this is because of covid not because of lockdowns. 

i have seen an article today where vaccines are having a real impact with medical staff.... this is  a real positive. if staff can stay working instead of isolating due to having covid or being near contacts then capacity in hospitals increases.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 11:12:19 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on February 19, 2021, 10:09:13 PM

Maybe it's just me but having read the quotes of Dr Ryan above can someone point out were he criticizes lockdowns.

The link below contains the quotes were you know who claimed he is anti lockdown. In it he says he have to be careful when easing restrictions but doesn't say lockdowns are wrong and if the government isn't careful they could make things worse.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1197553/

Ask your teacher to explain it to you.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL