China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2021, 10:32:00 PM
Tonto just to clarify that if you believe that we are screwed without lockdown because nhs etc will be overrun then you have shown no concern for the flu victims of 2018, car accident victims, alcoholics, people's mental health and the list goes on. 

That is what would classify as debate by this poster ;D

Also you can only deal in facts but they can make bonkers extrapolations of a) your opinion and b) facts and tell everyone it is logical.

You also can't use anything relating to insults but can be called a coward at any point for not defending what you didn't say but the aforementioned "logic" drew a conclusion of.

In addition you can take any story no matter how related or unrelated and twist it to prove everyone wrong and you right irrespective if it is completely unrelated.

That is the debate being called for here. You couldn't make it up - well actually most of it is made up ;D (unless you are a person who is no more than a wum with a lot of time on your hands .)

It's not my problem you have huge issue with your own contradictions.

You're ok with half measures for every other cause of death bar Covid. Why can't you see the contradiction there?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

imtommygunn

Good debate. QED

PHP I am far from an expert on any of this so it is good to learn stuff. Posters like radiogaagaa, Ed rickets and a few other ones were very interesting to read on this subject. The thread is just filled with nonsense now. Ignore is the best medicine.

GetOverTheBar

Get ready for the schools to go back. The PR machine has started.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56061942

lfdown2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 15, 2021, 10:50:27 AM

I find the tone of the argument generally disappointing from both sides in relation to the schools. Should we really need a PR machine to get children back to school?

Angelo

There's some level of bullshit re the schools.

If they were perfectly safe and not a risk of transmission then they should never have closes.

Why is it ok for supermarket workers, nurses and doctors to work in the conditions they are but not for teachers.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: lfdown2 on February 15, 2021, 01:30:29 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 15, 2021, 10:50:27 AM

I find the tone of the argument generally disappointing from both sides in relation to the schools. Should we really need a PR machine to get children back to school?

I agree, but generally the approach is / was close anything that might even be a potential to cause issue, no thought involved. People get annoyed by this "its not a problem" then a few weeks later "oh it is a problem now" thing.

I never agreed with things like car washes / click and collect etc closing personally, but if you have to close them, you had to close the schools by the same token.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 26, 2021, 09:47:07 AM
Anyone know hotel rates for other countries with mandatory quarantine or the likely rates they will charge here for the 6 days or so in hotel. Can't see it being too shy of €100/day but wouldn't surprise me if hotels try drive the arm in.

Well I was a bit out. Looks like about 1750 quid in UK for a 10 day stint in quarantine. I would say that's prohibitive for most people travelling willy nilly. In hindsight probably would have been a better alternative here from the start (for all incoming) and might have kept the local economy more open and people happier (providing NI was on the same hymn sheet).
Look to be hedging their bets here still and hope it all blows over without having to introduce such drastic measures. Hope the gamble pays off, well sick of this shite at this stage. 

Rossfan

Yep doctors and nurses shouldn't be working during a pandemic ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

So Thursday review in the North....

Anyone expecting anything?

Rossfan

Mire bad news for Angela on the "big pharma" front ....
40% of our exports from the 26 last year was pharma and medical - €62Bn out of €160Bn.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 16, 2021, 11:41:05 AM
So Thursday review in the North....

Anyone expecting anything?

Maybe schools?

There seems to be lots of lobbying for childrens sports too. Maybe something on that front.

Louther

Quote from: clarshack on February 16, 2021, 01:22:53 PM

https://youtu.be/IHzMkpxqRIc

wonder how long this will be up before being pulled.

If it's 5 minutes that's 5 minutes too long.

Angelo

Must get a few of the pro lockdown geniuses to explain India to the scientists here. Padraic Henry Pearse will set them straight sure.