China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 14, 2021, 08:25:23 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 14, 2021, 08:22:34 PM
Sid mustered the balls to call his hero Philly McMahon a fascist yet?
Have you had the balls to seek a psychiatrist yet?

I take that as a no then.

You're so shallow Sid, theatrical but very shallow.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Seek professional help, you're a dangerous lunatic

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 14, 2021, 09:35:04 PM
Seek professional help, you're a dangerous lunatic

So that's a no on Philly?

tonto1888

Genuine question. Why would he do that?

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 14, 2021, 10:05:38 PM

Philly has spoken out against lockdowns on Twitter.

Sid labels anyone who raises the need for a discussion on whether lockdowns are doing more damage than good as a fascist and far right - which of course it isn't.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 14, 2021, 10:08:24 PM

Sid labels anyone who raises the need for a discussion on whether lockdowns are doing more damage than good as a fascist and far right - which of course it isn't.
Ah yeah. I did see that. My own opinion for what it's worth it that these ongoing lockdowns will  cause a lot of damage to people. I know I have been affected. That said I would rather stay in this one until it is safe to come out rather than a constant cycle of going in and out. I have no idea what safe to come out looks like tho before you ask.

Milltown Row2

Jesus! You are such a balloon

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

restorepride

Typical Belfast - cynical and insulting. 

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2021, 10:12:34 PM

Jesus! You are such a balloon

Sid has labelled posters on here who have questioned whether lockdowns are causing more damage than good as fascists, usually with reference to Putin, the far right, Trump etc.

A few of us are wondering is he going to make the same allegations to Philly McMahon.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 14, 2021, 10:10:33 PM

Ah yeah. I did see that. My own opinion for what it's worth it that these ongoing lockdowns will  cause a lot of damage to people. I know I have been affected. That said I would rather stay in this one until it is safe to come out rather than a constant cycle of going in and out. I have no idea what safe to come out looks like tho before you ask.

At the very least, it's a debate we should be having.

There is a major issue when we have with people shouting down others for asking questions and challenging whether we are on the right course of action or are we creating more problems for society as a whole?

People like Sid rather than engage in debate, like to shout people down and make outlandish claims against people who they disagree with. He finds himself in agreement with the far right on more than a few things himself so it's odd how everyone who disagrees with him is far right.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 14, 2021, 10:18:29 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 14, 2021, 10:10:33 PM

At the very least, it's a debate we should be having.

There is a major issue when we have with people shouting down others for asking questions and challenging whether we are on the right course of action or we are creating more problems for society as a whole

People like Sid rather than engage in debate like to shout people down and make outlandish claims against people who disagree with. He finds himself in agreement with the far right on more than a few things himself so it's odd how everyone who disagrees with him is far right.

I agree with you on all your points rhere

Angelo

I'd challenge any poster here to do a search on this thread of the contributions of dublin7, Rossfan and Sid. I've had a lot of discussions on this thread, a lot of it heated and so forward but I would generally think we have tried to state our side of the argument.

The three posters mentioned above have only sought to lower this thread into outright lies, misrepresentations and sensationalism.

imtommygunn

Tonto just to clarify that if you believe that we are screwed without lockdown because nhs etc will be overrun then you have shown no concern for the flu victims of 2018, car accident victims, alcoholics, people's mental health and the list goes on. 

That is what would classify as debate by this poster ;D

Also you can only deal in facts but they can make bonkers extrapolations of a) your opinion and b) facts and tell everyone it is logical.

You also can't use anything relating to insults but can be called a coward at any point for not defending what you didn't say but the aforementioned "logic" drew a conclusion of.

In addition you can take any story no matter how related or unrelated and twist it to prove everyone wrong and you right irrespective if it is completely unrelated.

That is the debate being called for here. You couldn't make it up - well actually most of it is made up ;D (unless you are a person who is no more than a wum with a lot of time on your hands .)

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2021, 10:32:00 PM
Tonto just to clarify that if you believe that we are screwed without lockdown because nhs etc will be overrun then you have shown no concern for the flu victims of 2018, car accident victims, alcoholics, people's mental health and the list goes on. 

That is what would classify as debate by this poster ;D

Also you can only deal in facts but they can make bonkers extrapolations of a) your opinion and b) facts and tell everyone it is logical.

You also can't use anything relating to insults but can be called a coward at any point for not defending what you didn't say but the aforementioned "logic" drew a conclusion of.

In addition you can take any story no matter how related or unrelated and twist it to prove everyone wrong and you right irrespective if it is completely unrelated.

That is the debate being called for here. You couldn't make it up - well actually most of it is made up ;D (unless you are a person who is no more than a wum with a lot of time on your hands .)

this... but it is a pity that more discussion cannot take place without the above.. ive done some reading on what is considered seasonal today and would have had a different definition in my head prior to that.