Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

So milltown and the lads that know it all
What would your plans be going forward
Offer know plan u guys just lockdown
Numbers lower now than anytime from October
Let's hear your way out of this guys

PadraicHenryPearse

ive only seen 1 person here posturing like they know it all and he doesnt agree with milltown and the lads.

i offered this yesterday but am reconsidering the mutation aspect as even if we do the right things to help prevent mutations, other nations might not. i am looking at it where we currently are not not retrospectively. considering what we could/should have done better. and just to repeat i dont like lockdown but am yet to be convinced of a credible alternative.

i agree with zero covid but little or no appetite given our perceived closeness to opening up and vaccinations and obvious border issues.

im on the more cautious side i think, i dont believe we are ready to open up for 3 main reasons. 1. increased risk of mutations 2. i think we need the figure very low and not in the community. 3. our history of opening up early imo and its outcomes.

i think we can then (if we get to point 2) put in place better track and trace, better and wider testing with both the 15 min test and 24 hr lab test, we can also test high risk areas like meat plants etc. the extra capacity should be available from lower numbers and reduced testing of hosiptal staff if vaccines are successful. obviously we also need better controls at airports etc too.

Armagh18

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 13, 2021, 08:03:27 AM
Do what New Zealand do. Stop fecking testing everyone and stop the media whipping up a frenzy about an illness that is no worse than a cold for 99% of people. Instead of blowing money on furlough and seiss and 350 a week to sit on your hole, increase hospital capacity, pay medical staff a decent wage, buy them the equipment they need. Protect the elderly and vulnerable until we can get them vaccinated. The North seems to be getting the vaccine rollout spot on, the clowns in the south should quit going with their begging bowl to the EU and look elsewhere for vaccines.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 13, 2021, 08:41:29 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 13, 2021, 08:03:27 AM
Do what New Zealand do. Stop fecking testing everyone and stop the media whipping up a frenzy about an illness that is no worse than a cold for 99% of people. Instead of blowing money on furlough and seiss and 350 a week to sit on your hole, increase hospital capacity, pay medical staff a decent wage, buy them the equipment they need. Protect the elderly and vulnerable until we can get them vaccinated. The North seems to be getting the vaccine rollout spot on, the clowns in the south should quit going with their begging bowl to the EU and look elsewhere for vaccines.

so lockdown but until we are at zero, that is what NZ did and tight border controls. there was little or no appetite for this last year and can you advise how we deal with the border issue. your opinion on covid/cold is wrong.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2021, 09:18:05 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 08:36:05 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2021, 08:24:57 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 07:59:13 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 12, 2021, 07:36:25 PM
This guy sums it up well

https://twitter.com/paultreyvaud/status/1359799522449387526

he offers no alternative although i did get bored and might have missed it. was there one?

edit: sorry he suggests locking down all vulnerable and over 70s and provides his breakeven point for his restaurant. no holes to pick there!

Yeah, 55,000 came through the airports, but this is all tom dick and harry's Fault because they didn't wear a mask when they were buying their milk!

who has said benny? i certainly havent. just wondering if you seen my questions on your anti vacvine position. Genuinely interested in knowing more about that position.

the 55k though the airports are all tom dicks and harrys too i imagine.

Yes I seen them. I'm not sure what you want me to say on that. Will using a tv screen result in me needing glasses in the future? Does Alexa keep a record that I listened to 12 Johnny Cash songs last week? I can't see how it's similar.

I didn't say I was anti vaccine. You implied I was.

sorry i misread one of your posts and thought you said you wouldnt take the vaccine due to potential ong term effects.  will you take the vaccine?

Milltown Row2

Feck it, just open up, let her rip right through and once herd immunity comes we'll be over the worst of it.

Quickest way, let the bars open first, followed by the sports, mainly indoor gyms, get a few concerts going also, fill the Odyssey.

After that get the offices back to full capacity and turn up the ventilation to the max.

Hospitals next, visitation back to normal, ah screw it increase the numbers due to lack of access before and nursing homes next.

Schools and colleges back to normal and full lectures and make sure it's done before paddy's day for the sake of the Holylands.

Free flights to the states to encourage the travel industry, let it get back on its feet, stuff it throw in free flights to Brazil and South Africa.

But, we should only allow people under 65 to do that, as it won't affect them really
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

As always milltown no answers
You post as if you know it all and you can't give a plan
Armagh agree stop tested people who are not sick
It's madness
PP sure we will wait on the government to sort out track and trace etc. It's only been 1 year.
Mark my words it's seasonal
Amazing stat from the south
2120 in hospital 30-1-2021
865 in hospital 12-2-2021
Save the NHS remember
3 weeks remember
Approaching 1 year
Face masks don't work
Face masks work
It's fine to go to Cheltenham as it's outdoors
Borders are fine
Travel home for Christmas
And much much more

dublin7

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 13, 2021, 09:38:38 AM
It's madness
PP sure we will wait on the government to sort out track and trace etc. It's only been 1 year.
Save the NHS remember
3 weeks remember
Approaching 1 year
Face masks don't work
Face masks work
Borders are fine
And much much more
You can have Covid and not realise it, especially young people. That's one of the main reasons for contact tracing. People were infecting others without realizing it.

Milltown Row2

It's madness
Save the NHS remember
3 weeks remember
Approaching 1 year
Face masks don't work
Face masks work
Borders are fine
And much much more

My whole post was full of answers to what we should do, open up and keep the 65+'s in.

Reading not your strong point?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Why would you do that milltown
You have all the answers
It won't be long until the furlough has run its course
And Boris and the boys looking to open up after Easter

PadraicHenryPearse

It's madness
Save the NHS remember
3 weeks remember
Approaching 1 year
Face masks don't work
Face masks work
Borders are fine
And much much more

you test to see who is sick and who is capable of spreading covid. testing is only for those who show symtoms or close contacts at the moment and i think it should be proactive in some areas and widely used when we get numbers down and there is a covid outbreak.

seasonal its been present in both northern and soutnern hemisphere for almost 12 month. can you explain that? it could become seasonal maybe i dont know but evidence to date i have seen does not support that.

not really amazing its logical. we reduced contacts and as a result numbers dropped and i imagine vaccines are playing a part too. that is what reducing contacts does for a virus that spreads when there are more contacts.

if you can tell the future thats great i dont know anyone that can so there have been mistakes by government and everyone else just because you can travel doesnt mean you have to for example.

track.and trace can work.and work better with lower numbers and more aggressove testing when covid outbreaks. it also needs people to answer calls and turn up for testing i read in sept that 1000 a day werent turning up testing.

sid waddell

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 13, 2021, 08:40:06 AM
ive only seen 1 person here posturing like they know it all and he doesnt agree with milltown and the lads.

i offered this yesterday but am reconsidering the mutation aspect as even if we do the right things to help prevent mutations, other nations might not. i am looking at it where we currently are not not retrospectively. considering what we could/should have done better. and just to repeat i dont like lockdown but am yet to be convinced of a credible alternative.

i agree with zero covid but little or no appetite given our perceived closeness to opening up and vaccinations and obvious border issues.

im on the more cautious side i think, i dont believe we are ready to open up for 3 main reasons. 1. increased risk of mutations 2. i think we need the figure very low and not in the community. 3. our history of opening up early imo and its outcomes.

i think we can then (if we get to point 2) put in place better track and trace, better and wider testing with both the 15 min test and 24 hr lab test, we can also test high risk areas like meat plants etc. the extra capacity should be available from lower numbers and reduced testing of hosiptal staff if vaccines are successful. obviously we also need better controls at airports etc too.
The epidemiological reality is that we need Zero Covid or aggressive suppression

Instead of denying this, we'd be as well off genuinely planning for it - conventional wisdom has proven totally inadequate again and again

Anybody who discounts the possibility that mutations will emerge that render the current vaccines obsolete is not serious about  policy

If these mutations emerge, it will be because of the failed policies around the world of "living with Covid" - aka living with the house on fire

GetOverTheBar

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 13, 2021, 11:53:38 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56050119

Matt Hancock lobbing one up for Angelo

More of less an admission that we can't continue to live like this and that we will finally accept death from like all the other ailments that kill millions globally every year.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Angelo on February 13, 2021, 11:56:29 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 13, 2021, 11:53:38 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56050119

Matt Hancock lobbing one up for Angelo

More of less an admission that we can't continue to live like this and that we will finally accept death from like all the other ailments that kill millions globally every year.

was anyone suggesting any different?