China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 01:51:46 PM
angelo wont be happy that you are pro lockdown...

benny slightly off topic here... you are anti vaccine due to the unknowns of long term effect and mis trust of pharm companys.... do you use mobiles 3g 4g 5g wifi any new technologies etc.?  do you have trust on tech companies? do you not use any new tech due to unknowns of long term effects? the same could be said of any new food additives etc.

Would you be shamed or ostracised in society for having reservations on 5G or foot additives.

You have two sides to this debate:

Those who have genuine reservations about the vaccine and only wish to have their views respected and taken on board.

Those who are very much for the vaccine and are openly hostile to anyone who questions it, sadly this seems to be the majority grouping.

Yes and especially when the reservations are based from a complete lack of understanding science.

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on February 12, 2021, 02:14:22 PM

benny slightly off topic here... you are anti vaccine due to the unknowns of long term effect and mis trust of pharm companys.... do you use mobiles 3g 4g 5g wifi any new technologies etc.?  do you have trust on tech companies? do you not use any new tech due to unknowns of long term effects? the same could be said of any new food additives etc.

Would you be shamed or ostracised in society for having reservations on 5G or foot additives.

Those who have genuine reservations about the vaccine and only wish to have their views respected and taken on board.

Those who are very much for the vaccine and are openly hostile to anyone who questions it, sadly this seems to be the majority grouping.

Yes and especially when the reservations are based from a complete lack of understanding science.

I have no opinions on 5G.

Are you an expert?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 02:18:55 PM

Are you an expert?

So why ask would people be shunned for peddling 5g conspiracy theories when all of them have been debunked; and the pseudo science behind them is from raving lunatics. So yes they should be shunned.

NAG1

Nearly time to lock this one up  :o

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on February 12, 2021, 02:23:13 PM

Are you an expert?

So why ask would people be shunned for peddling 5g conspiracy theories when all of them have been debunked; and the pseudo science behind them is from raving lunatics. So yes they should be shunned.

Why?

I don't know anything about 5G. Doesn't interest me in the slightest, it was not me who brought it into the discussion.

You clearly believe in censorship, I believe in people being allowed to put forward their arguments and articulate them and people can draw what they want from them.

You seem to crave censorship, the Nazis did too.

PadraicHenryPearse

i have simply asked a couple of questions to benny based on his personal opinions.

i have not shamed or ostracised anyone, disrepected anyone views or been hostile in asking the questions.. that your response goes straight there is why i wont engage with you further.

Angelo

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 03:34:13 PM

i have simply asked a couple of questions to benny based on his personal opinions.

i have not shamed or ostracised anyone, disrepected anyone views or been hostile in asking the questions.. that your response goes straight there is why i wont engage with you further.

You might not have in this case but I've been accused of wanting to suffocate the elderly with a pillow and being likened to Harold Shipman because I have reservations about a vaccine.

Is it not alright for people to have their own views on these matters?

Is it not dangerous to shout down and demonise people who challenge the official message. From what I know about big pharma, it's not an industry that deserves our trust.

PadraicHenryPearse

QuoteBut again, never the peak of winter flu in Jan 18 and that was vaccines being administered in advance.

And what was our reaction to that? We didn't bat an eyelid.

Nobody is denying Covid but the fearmongering around it needs to stop.

Restrictions in place or whatever - what's the fatality of this virus?

In u40s its killed hanful of people in around 40k confirmed cases. Is this a dangerous disease for most of us? No.

Does it kill as much as cancer? No.

Why is Covid being treated differently to all the other diseases in the world?

There was a thread on here discussing the aussie flu and the ineffective vaccine at the time in 2018. There was numerous newspaper article about it which can easily be googled. One poster repeating "we didnt bat an eyelid" doesnt make it true. if you look at the numbers for the the following two years for Jan the number are reduced so just based on numbers what we did in the 12 mths between jan 18 and jan 19 worked. We had a vaccine it just work as expect (again thread and numerous articles) it was also one month so harder ro react to as something happens. we saw covid coming as we saw what was happening in Italy.

also flu is not covid. annual deaths were comparable with other years. covid isnt seasonal. deaths rates compared to 2019 were up each month last year based on stats angelo shared.

sometimes it takes something huge to happen for change to take place. mask wearing and hand hygiene will increase like has has in Asia, vaccine uptake will increase also. i hope we dont need to use lockdowns in the future but it now part of our toolkit.

covid is scary, it has killed and hospitalised alot of people of all ages despite the massive societal changes that were/have been put in place to reduce death and hosiptalisation.

purely looking at fataility rates and age profiles is completely missing the dangers of covid and purposely disingenuous. Covid has overwhelmed our hospitals even with restrictions and done it very quickly. the restrictions have reduces the numbers of covid fatalities, they would be much higher if we didnt do anything as hospitals would be overrun.

covid has reduced staffing level for both covid and other treatments, it is eaily spread and hard detect with lab testing so is difficult to prevent transmission.

cancer and covid are not comparable. it is a false equilivant. Cancer does more people. Very few familes arent touched by cancer is it not preventable like covid...

covid is treated differently as it is new. it is highly contagious, treatments arent advanced for it, there was no vaccine and it was treated similar to some other virus but covid due it the length of time and the fact you can spread and be asymptomatic requires more measures.

again it is not about fatality rates it affects all ages groups, all age groups can spread it and all age groups can require hosipalisation.

Angelo

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 04:18:16 PM
QuoteBut again, never the peak of winter flu in Jan 18 and that was vaccines being administered in advance.

And what was our reaction to that? We didn't bat an eyelid.

Nobody is denying Covid but the fearmongering around it needs to stop.

Restrictions in place or whatever - what's the fatality of this virus?

In u40s its killed hanful of people in around 40k confirmed cases. Is this a dangerous disease for most of us? No.

Does it kill as much as cancer? No.

Why is Covid being treated differently to all the other diseases in the world?

There was a thread on here discussing the aussie flu and the ineffective vaccine at the time in 2018. There was numerous newspaper article about it which can easily be googled. One poster repeating "we didnt bat an eyelid" doesnt make it true. if you look at the numbers for the the following two years for Jan the number are reduced so just based on numbers what we did in the 12 mths between jan 18 and jan 19 worked. We had a vaccine it just work as expect (again thread and numerous articles) it was also one month so harder ro react to as something happens. we saw covid coming as we saw what was happening in Italy.

also flu is not covid. annual deaths were comparable with other years. covid isnt seasonal. deaths rates compared to 2019 were up each month last year based on stats angelo shared.

sometimes it takes something huge to happen for change to take place. mask wearing and hand hygiene will increase like has has in Asia, vaccine uptake will increase also. i hope we dont need to use lockdowns in the future but it now part of our toolkit.

covid is scary, it has killed and hospitalised alot of people of all ages despite the massive societal changes that were/have been put in place to reduce death and hosiptalisation.

purely looking at fataility rates and age profiles is completely missing the dangers of covid and purposely disingenuous. Covid has overwhelmed our hospitals even with restrictions and done it very quickly. the restrictions have reduces the numbers of covid fatalities, they would be much higher if we didnt do anything as hospitals would be overrun.

covid has reduced staffing level for both covid and other treatments, it is eaily spread and hard detect with lab testing so is difficult to prevent transmission.

cancer and covid are not comparable. it is a false equilivant. Cancer does more people. Very few familes arent touched by cancer is it not preventable like covid...

covid is treated differently as it is new. it is highly contagious, treatments arent advanced for it, there was no vaccine and it was treated similar to some other virus but covid due it the length of time and the fact you can spread and be asymptomatic requires more measures.

again it is not about fatality rates it affects all ages groups, all age groups can spread it and all age groups can require hosipalisation.

Excuse me now but that's just being disingenuous. When I say we didn't bat an eyelid, it is 100% correct and to state otherwise undermines any credibility you have.

If you can point me towards a post from 2017/18 that cited lockdowns as being need to combat the huge death tolls that were occurring in that period I will concede. If you can point me to media articles calling for the need for lockdowns to save lives back then I will concede. The bottom line is you can't because they don't exist. The bottom line is that we were happy to go on with lives as normal as it was only flu that was clocking up rapid deaths. The line that we are fed is that we are in lockdown to save lives but when you look beyond it, it's complete and utter horseshit.

Posters are here like Sid, Rossfan and a few others will put words into your mouth and twist and misrepresent what you say when it comes to looking at the big picture. It's very clear now by all the data who this virus impacts, it's not the young, fit and healthy. It's the elderly and those in poor health, the same demograph we jab every winter to stop them from dying with flu but that doesn't stop us going about as normal at winter and these people dying off of whatever ailments are out there and dying of things that we actively enable in our society.

So don't insult me and every other poster on the board by saying we took serious attention to the winter flu in 17/18. We did not, there were 50k excess deaths in the UK from Dec 17 - Mar 18. We did nothing to stop it and barely took time to pause and reflect, that's the fact of the matter and that might be an uncomfortable truth for you when you compare it to our reaction to Covid but to try and downplay the winter season of 17/18 or to try and disingenuously say we took it seriously or took big time to reflect on it is utterly bogus. You can't revise history.

Winter flu of 17/18 was a disaster that cost lives but nobody really cared or were bothered to save lives back then.

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 04:42:00 PM
Winter flu of 17/18 was a disaster that cost lives but nobody really cared or were bothered to save lives back then.

Perhaps you can say that it was. However, it went away in a couple of months so it is a totally different case to Covid. So stop yakking on about it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on February 12, 2021, 04:47:31 PM

Perhaps you can say that it was. However, it went away in a couple of months so it is a totally different case to Covid. So stop yakking on about it.

Winter flu is an annual thing, it comes back every year and kills on an annual basis. We just don't seem to care enough to do anything that might minimise our reduce those figures.

PadraicHenryPearse

that post was for armagh18. 

can you clarify that to bat an eyelid means request a lockdown?

this would not be what to bat an eyelid means to almost every other person on the planet who has heard the expression before.

i dont have to same amount of time to spend posting in here as you and response to all your tangents and incoherent ramblings but when i have the chance where people agree with what you have posted i will offer counterpoints. they can make up their own minds.

we have a vaccine and muliple ad campaigns etc. to inform on flu.

if any poster is insulted by comments other than angelo im happy to discuss them further or provide clairity as they are not intended to insult anyone including angelo.

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 02:34:14 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on February 12, 2021, 02:23:13 PM

Are you an expert?

Why?

I don't know anything about 5G. Doesn't interest me in the slightest, it was not me who brought it into the discussion.

You clearly believe in censorship, I believe in people being allowed to put forward their arguments and articulate them and people can draw what they want from them.

You seem to crave censorship, the Nazis did too.

I see we have gone full Godwin now  :D

In fairness the Nazi's peddled mistruth and propaganda; at the expense of the truth. Just because you can articulate a fake argument, especially based on lies, misunderstandings, pseudo science etc.... doesn't mean you should be allowed too; it's still a lie.

Smurfy123

So Sid you say Australia are right to shut
What happens if they open up and 2 days later more cases?
And so on so forth

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 04:49:23 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 12, 2021, 04:47:31 PM

Winter flu is an annual thing, it comes back every year and kills on an annual basis. We just don't seem to care enough to do anything that might minimise our reduce those figures.

Is it happening this year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea