China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Yep, we've heard nothing (TG) from the VFI for nearly 2 months now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on February 11, 2021, 12:27:07 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 11, 2021, 12:10:44 PM
You do know there is more medical advice than just Nephet dont you? Using stupid emojis and smart arsed short replies doesnt make you clever lad. Lets hear the data on the people who are getting serious cancer diagnoses as a result of cancelled cancelled tests, lets hear about the suicide number increases, lets hear the stats on childhood depression and anxiety. Lets hear about all the job losses and how you will be paying back your covid payment once you do get a job.

Here we have the cancer people again. The only way we can improve treatment for people with other health conditions is to reduce the pressure on the health service, which means reducing Covid. Anyone who claims that easing restrictions will help cancer patients is talking dangerous nonsense. Depression etc is a bit more complicated, but the feeling that you may get a disease and that other people do not care if they give it you is going to depress a lot of people, whatever the government does.

The cancer people??? WTF is that supposed to mean. My point is where is the people on the news giving free reign like McConkey that will talk about the other side  - depressions, suicide, anxiety, cancer treatment. Where is the balance. And dont tell me NPHET provide the balance, they dont, thats not their job. Its the job of government. But when the let Tony Holohan run the show t here will be no balance.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on February 11, 2021, 12:46:12 PM
+1.
In the 26 Taoiseach gave us "leadership" and we started "living" in December.
Result...as many if not more cases in January than March to December 2020 inclusive.

I was able to bring my kids to football training for months before December but now I cannot. They were able to go to school too. Its not just as simple as that. December was people doing what people do at Christmas and in some cases acting hugely irresponsibly. If government are to blame for something it is the lack of policing of place, like for example the Broadhaven Hotel in Belmullet, that allowed a ST Stephens night party to go on. Where were the cops, where  is the huge fine?

sid waddell

Quote from: Itchy on February 11, 2021, 01:38:16 PM
You do know there is more medical advice than just Nephet dont you? Using stupid emojis and smart arsed short replies doesnt make you clever lad. Lets hear the data on the people who are getting serious cancer diagnoses as a result of cancelled cancelled tests, lets hear about the suicide number increases, lets hear the stats on childhood depression and anxiety. Lets hear about all the job losses and how you will be paying back your covid payment once you do get a job.

Here we have the cancer people again. The only way we can improve treatment for people with other health conditions is to reduce the pressure on the health service, which means reducing Covid. Anyone who claims that easing restrictions will help cancer patients is talking dangerous nonsense. Depression etc is a bit more complicated, but the feeling that you may get a disease and that other people do not care if they give it you is going to depress a lot of people, whatever the government does.

The cancer people??? WTF is that supposed to mean. My point is where is the people on the news giving free reign like McConkey that will talk about the other side  - depressions, suicide, anxiety, cancer treatment. Where is the balance. And dont tell me NPHET provide the balance, they dont, thats not their job. Its the job of government. But when the let Tony Holohan run the show t here will be no balance.
Please answer the following:

How will lifting restrictions help cancer treatment?

How will lifting restrictions help depression?

Because if we lift restrictions, Covid will just spread rampantly again, many more people will die needlessly, and we'll just have to shut down again within a few weeks

That means WORSE cancer services and MORE depression

You do understand this?

Or do you simply refuse to understand it?

It's really basic stuff

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 11, 2021, 01:45:24 PM

Because if we lift restrictions, Covid will just spread rampantly again, many more people will die needlessly, and we'll just have to shut down again within a few weeks

You do understand this?

It's really basic stuff

Why do breast cancer screenings fall off a cliff during lockdowns? Cancer has a far higher fatality rate than Covid so why is Covid being prioritised?

Is it fair that these women pay the price?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

India have thrown their hat at it and the daily infection rates have came tumbling down.

armaghniac

Don't pretend that you do not understand. When these people propose reducing Covid then they are put forward a strategy for improving the chances of people with all illnesses, that is the point which many people chose to ignore with their false claims that lockdowns affect cancer health.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

You do understand this?

It's really basic stuff

I could point out I never said any of that stuff you just wrote but I did ask you not to engage with me Sid and would appreciate if you would do that. Thanks.

whitegoodman

Cases in the north today are the lowest number since 28th September.  Surely if they get hospital numbers down to c300 they will open the schools on the 8th March, a full 3 weeks away from next Monday ?

GetOverTheBar

Schools will be the first thing to open. It's probably the only thing the Govts have been consistent on.

sid waddell

Quote from: Itchy on February 11, 2021, 02:58:56 PM

You do understand this?

It's really basic stuff

I could point out I never said any of that stuff you just wrote but I did ask you not to engage with me Sid and would appreciate if you would do that. Thanks.
I've asked you a couple of really simple questions there

Why won't you answer?

How will MORE Covid help cancer treatment?

How will MORE Covid help depression?

How will MORE Covid help the functioning of society?

Rossfan

3 excellent pertinent questions.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Any of you pro lockdown zealots want to explain what is happening in India for us?

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on February 11, 2021, 03:31:33 PM

You think so? So I will ask you 3 excellent pertinent questions so

How will more Covid make roscommon win same
How will more Covid make solve climate change
How will more Covid make Ireland win the 6 nations.

Now I know you never said any of those things Rossfan, but they are really pertinent questions and I demand you answer them.

dublin7

Quote from: Itchy on February 11, 2021, 04:13:24 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 11, 2021, 03:31:33 PM

You think so? So I will ask you 3 excellent pertinent questions so

How will more Covid make roscommon win same
How will more Covid make solve climate change
How will more Covid make Ireland win the 6 nations.

Now I know you never said any of those things Rossfan, but they are really pertinent questions and I demand you answer them.

"Lets hear the data on the people who are getting serious cancer diagnoses as a result of cancelled cancelled tests, lets hear about the suicide number increases, lets hear the stats on childhood depression and anxiety."

How do you think we improve cancer diagnosis during covid? The tests are being cancelled as the medical staff struggle to deal with overcrowding due to covid patients. For these tests to go ahead you would have to tell some people there isn't a hospital bed available for them. That couls be a death sentence for some people so do you think that is an acceptable price to pay?