China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

My father is in hospital on oxygen at the minute with it, it was pretty hairy for a few days but he is (thankfully) stable with a long road of recovery ahead of him. I'm lucky, and I know other posters on the board have been less so.
He always would have been very careful/concerned around covid, and would have always taken precautions.
He's 61, with mild asthma, so I suppose the covid deniers would say this doesn't count as he is over 40 with an underlying condition. But believe me, the virus and the pandemic are very real, there are over 100 people in the same hospital who are in the same boat. Seeing what it has done to him would make anyone think twice before being relaxed about restrictions.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 05:20:22 PM
Trump stated he intended to run again... Nope, we'll make it law that you can't.

At least I can call out their bullshit on Twitter... Nope, we'll get you banned.

You don't think them going to all that length is a bit strange?

Then Smiley Joe comes in, good sensible man, smiling face. The smiling face of the evil corporation, akin to Smiley Francis.

Say what you like about Trump, but at least he said what he thought. You knew where you stood with him, regardless of whether you agreed with him or not.
He won't run again because he knows he'll get beaten again.

He got banned from twitter for inciting violence. He was given plenty of warnings to stop and he chose not to heed it.

What he said was lie after lie and only his deluded followers believed him, saying what he thought would be telling the truth.

imtommygunn

He should have been banned from Twitter way before he was. Biden will probably not be very good but trump is a maniac.

On the subject of COVID though to be honest some of the restrictions and consistency applied can be ridiculous but if this is a conspiracy it is the best planned and executed one ever with being able to get most of the governments in the world to buy in.

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 04, 2021, 05:45:05 PM
My father is in hospital on oxygen at the minute with it, it was pretty hairy for a few days but he is (thankfully) stable with a long road of recovery ahead of him. I'm lucky, and I know other posters on the board have been less so.
He always would have been very careful/concerned around covid, and would have always taken precautions.
He's 61, with mild asthma, so I suppose the covid deniers would say this doesn't count as he is over 40 with an underlying condition. But believe me, the virus and the pandemic are very real, there are over 100 people in the same hospital who are in the same boat. Seeing what it has done to him would make anyone think twice before being relaxed about restrictions.

Tough times for your family Redhand. Hope your father makes a full and speedy recovery.

sid waddell

Very best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for your father RedHand88.

marty34

Hopefully he's on the right side of it now Redhand - he must be a battler.

It hits home when it's close at hand for sure.  Hopefully he keeps improving.

Are you alliwed in to see him?

RedHand88

Quote from: marty34 on February 04, 2021, 07:30:18 PM

Hopefully he's on the right side of it now Redhand - he must be a battler.

It hits home when it's close at hand for sure.  Hopefully he keeps improving.

Are you alliwed in to see him?

No, which is the worst part of it all. Hopefully getting home next week with oxygen. Hes gonna be ok but they said he won't be the same again physically.

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on February 04, 2021, 06:53:13 PM
Very best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for your father RedHand88.

Thank you Sid. I know you weren't so lucky and I'm sorry for your loss.

Louther

Best wishes to your Dad Redhand, be a worrying time I'm sure.

Ball Hopper

Be great to get him home, Redhand.  Hoping he comes out of it well and has a swift recovery.

trailer

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Smurfy123

Best wishes to your father Redhand

I know covid is with us and unfortunately had a serious affect on lots unfortunately

I believe it could become a seasonal thing
Say from Dec-February

I think masks inside in shops etc should become a permanent thing ?

With a combination of better weather more vaccines lower numbers the north have to make a decision in 2 weeks whether they will lift any restrictions on the 5th of March

Surely something has to give

The so called R number has been under 1 now for 17 days (0.6-0.8)

Hospital occupies down by 400 last 2 weeks

Again I'll stress I know covid has had a big impact on many and my thoughts go out to all but lockdown really has to start easing

Milltown Row2

Seasonal Dec-Feb... is that because of the vaccines or if there hadn't been vaccines would it continue like it has throughout the year?  Like it has
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 07:43:48 AM
Seasonal Dec-Feb... is that because of the vaccines or if there hadn't been vaccines would it continue like it has throughout the year?  Like it has

People tend to spend more time indoors together during cold winter months, so viruses spread more easily.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 05, 2021, 08:13:15 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 07:43:48 AM

People tend to spend more time indoors together during cold winter months, so viruses spread more easily.

My point was that this virus was spreading March, April May and June.... relaxed by July August and kicked off again in Sept through to now..

So when will that seasonal period be?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea