China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

Yes, very clear - 255 in the 2017/18 flu season. As clear as day, thank you.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 01, 2021, 02:06:04 PM

So how did 2,101 people die in Jan 2018?

Whose alias are you on here?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 02:12:34 PM

Where the 2,101 from? The HSE haven't included such a figure in their report I linked which still classed the 2017/18 flu season as severe. Have you carried out your own independent report and autopsies? Or you just making stuff up?

What aliases you on about?

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 01, 2021, 02:18:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 02:12:34 PM

Where the 2,101 from? The HSE haven't included such a figure in their report I linked which still classed the 2017/18 flu season as severe. Have you carried out your own independent report and autopsies? Or you just making stuff up?

What aliases you on about?

The 2,101 are from NISRA.

I don't make stuff up and I'm talking about which other account you post under on here.

Louther

That table total deaths? Means nothing to support your claims. 2,101 is total deaths, not flu. The excess could be partly accounted for the flu season - an 283 increase from 2017 to 2018. Year on year 2018 wasn't worse than other years.

If that's the best you can do, god love you!

And I was actually using ROI figures, which you've just ignored the fact that numbers don't compare to January 2021.

I've no other account. Just took interest in your House of Lies of wanted to challenge you on them.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 01, 2021, 02:26:24 PM
That table total deaths? Means nothing to support your claims. 2,101 is total deaths, not flu. The excess could be partly accounted for the flu season - an 283 increase from 2017 to 2018. Year on year 2018 wasn't worse than other years.

If that's the best you can do, god love you!

And I was actually using ROI figures, which you've just ignored the fact that numbers don't compare to January 2021.

I've no other account. Just took interest in your House of Lies of wanted to challenge you on them.

You might have mentioned Free State figures but I have consistently referenced the NISRA figures and 50k excess death figures in the UK during the flu season of 17/18.

How do you think those people died? What could cause such a massive spike at winter? Why do we see far more deaths at winter than any other time of the year? What do the experts generally conclude for the spike of deaths in that time.

I also think you should have a detailed look into the criteria of how Covid deaths are classified.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 01:46:48 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 01, 2021, 01:43:43 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 11:41:06 AM
You're the one ignoring things here and performing mental gymnastics to defend record deaths in flu season.

Why was it ok in Jan 2018?

If you compare the excess deaths for the USA, the Covid peak compared to 2018 is like comparing the Sperrins to the Himalayas.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/14/us/covid-19-death-toll.html

Not really concerned about America, am I?

Angelo, just stop for one minute and think about what you are saying here. You're "not really concerned about America" here because the data shows that America dealt with COVID pretty badly.  No what was it that America didn't do much of compared to most other countries?
That's right; impose lockdowns and wear masks.

You are against lockdowns, no one likes them, but anyone sensible would realise that going into lockdown repeatedly has kept the number of deaths much less than they would have been had we not had any lockdowns as was the case with your repeated bad flu season.
If we didn't do that we would probably be more like the USA.

Just stop please. Your are destroying this board with your constant repetition of the same arguments.  But worse than that, you refuse take on board any of the comments that anyone else makes

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on February 01, 2021, 02:35:49 PM
You're the one ignoring things here and performing mental gymnastics to defend record deaths in flu season.

If you compare the excess deaths for the USA, the Covid peak compared to 2018 is like comparing the Sperrins to the Himalayas.

Angelo, just stop for one minute and think about what you are saying here. You're "not really concerned about America" here because the data shows that America dealt with COVID pretty badly.  No what was it that America didn't do much of compared to most other countries?

You are against lockdowns, no one likes them, but anyone sensible would realise that going into lockdown repeatedly has kept the number of deaths much less than they would have been had we not had any lockdowns as was the case with your repeated bad flu season.

Just stop please. Your are destroying this board with your constant repetition of the same arguments.  But worse than that, you refuse take on board any of the comments that anyone else makes

He's only concerned with figures that suit his 'facts'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Louther

NIRSA figures show an increase for a few months but nothing excessive. Not comparing to HSE? Why not? Did the flu stop at the border but was other factors in play.

Also, your 50,000 excess deaths in UK for 2018. This was above the average for a period, not 50k excess from 2017, was an actual increase of approx 10k on 2017 and 30k on 2016. Part of these increases were attributed to the flu but also to the extremely cold spell in 2018 which made older people more vulnerable to various illness.

And in case you didn't notice, Covid isn't exclusive to the UK, so why you just looking at UK figures. Hardly just as it suits your agenda?

Do you think that without restrictions that the death toll be the same? Or not realise it be a total sh*w show, even with how bad it has been?

Angelo

I'm not concerned about America.

I don't care about Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Obama, Bush. It's a war mongering, racist country with huge obesity issues on the other side of the world. Why do you care about it?

We are led to believe lockdowns wiped out seasonal flu this year. Think of all the lives we don't care about that we could have saved from introducing them every winter for flu?

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 01, 2021, 02:47:13 PM
NIRSA figures show an increase for a few months but nothing excessive. Not comparing to HSE? Why not? Did the flu stop at the border but was other factors in play.

Also, your 50,000 excess deaths in UK for 2018. This was above the average for a period, not 50k excess from 2017, was an actual increase of approx 10k on 2017 and 30k on 2016. Part of these increases were attributed to the flu but also to the extremely cold spell in 2018 which made older people more vulnerable to various illness.

And in case you didn't notice, Covid isn't exclusive to the UK, so why you just looking at UK figures. Hardly just as it suits your agenda?

Do you think that without restrictions that the death toll be the same? Or not realise it be a total sh*w show, even with how bad it has been?

So now you are trying to manipulate statistics to say that a few months of excess deaths is ok. Jan 2018 is a record death total in a month for the past 20 years, it's ok though right? I

We had a vaccine for the flu, didn't stop a shitshow then but it also didn't seem to bother people either that so many died in that month.

Covid sure has a way of showing people for being gullible and hysterical.

We've had an extremely cold spell this month. It was -7 when I got up the other morning for work, will I chalk those Covid deaths down to a cold snap so?

You are jumping through hoops to justify your contradictions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 02:51:11 PM

I don't care about Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Obama, Bush. It's a war mongering, racist country with huge obesity issues on the other side of the world. Why do you care about it?

So why are you quoting the south earlier?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

It's been done before with Angelo over why comparing 2020 with 2018 is pointless. Your comparing a year with lockdowns against a year with none. Your comparing the worst winter deaths (Not flu) in 40 odd years with year 1 of Covid. But it's a fruitless discussion.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2021, 02:54:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 01, 2021, 02:51:11 PM

So why are you quoting the south earlier?

Because I live on the island of Ireland.

I'm not American. I do not care for America and I'm no obsessed with American politics like some on here. I just don't care for anything to do with America really, I find the obsession some have with it utterly weird.

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 01, 2021, 02:59:56 PM
It's been done before with Angelo over why comparing 2020 with 2018 is pointless. Your comparing a year with lockdowns against a year with none. Your comparing the worst winter deaths (Not flu) in 40 odd years with year 1 of Covid. But it's a fruitless discussion.

I know why you guys don't like comparing it.

It's hard to justify your stance on Covid when you were willing to accept and do nothing when 2,101 people died in Jan 2018. If you tolerated that and said nothing then how can you justify the reaction to Covid?

It's complete and utter double standards. It's not pointless. it is incredibly relevant.