China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 14, 2021, 02:24:01 PM
Yeah they do.

Most people know that.

You don't.

I don't care that you don't know or accept that. You are well entitled to hold that opinion even if I think it's BS.

Show me how 3 months of Lockdowns have reduced daily new cases?

Show me how they are practical and sustainable?

Governments failed to put measures in place after the first lockdown and that's the reason we are in the position we are in. Failed lockdown after failed lockdown after failed lockdown
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

LumiraDx SARS-CoV-2 Ag test

97.6% positive accuracy / 96.6% negative accuracy.

Been trialled apparently by Belfast Trust (1 of 5 sites).

If this is accurate, it is massive.

JoG2

And round and round we go. Back to Lockdowns and inaccurate tests. Could it be anymore obvious men? Be more beneficial to the board if those running moderated rather than creating these accounts  :P

Vaccine wise (Pfizer) , I had an ach in my arm for maybe a day. All good apart from that. Most in our work now vaccinated, and a headache for a while seems to be a common enough symptom.
Have spoken to a good few who have had the Oxford vaccine  through their GP practice and some had flu like symptoms for a day or 2.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 14, 2021, 02:28:53 PM

Is that the rapid testing?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 14, 2021, 02:25:40 PM
Yeah they do.

Most people know that.

You don't.

I don't care that you don't know or accept that. You are well entitled to hold that opinion even if I think it's BS.

Governments failed to put measures in place after the first lockdown and that's the reason we are in the position we are in. Failed lockdown after failed lockdown after failed lockdown

What you want to do is rehave the same argument we had about a week ago. That's what you do. It's the arguing you seem to enjoy, not the who's right or wrong. There is no benefit in debating with someone who just wants the argument. So I'm happy for you to hold the opinion that lockdowns don't work. I'm of the opinion that they do. Most others can make their own minds up themselves as well. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 14, 2021, 02:31:43 PM
Yeah they do.

Most people know that.

You don't.

What you want to do is rehave the same argument we had about a week ago. That's what you do. It's the arguing you seem to enjoy, not the who's right or wrong. There is no benefit in debating with someone who just wants the argument. So I'm happy for you to hold the opinion that lockdowns don't work. I'm of the opinion that they do. Most others can make their own minds up themselves as well.

I'm just pointing to the reality.

3 months of lockdowns and restrictions and no real drop in cases during that period. You can continue to ignore this if you wish.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on January 14, 2021, 02:31:06 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 14, 2021, 02:28:53 PM

Is that the rapid testing?

12 minute test yes.

Robin Swann mentioned it yesterday in his briefing, that's where I heard/read.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Angelo on January 14, 2021, 01:28:46 PM
Have we had a peak in numbers in recent weeks? Possibly in hospitals but the bottom line is that daily new cases have been at a fairly steady level in the O6 for nearly 3 months now.

Yes, you are correct as always Angelo.
Have a look at the top left chart on Page 10 of the NI Dept of Health Dashboard, and the first two weeks in January definitely have the same numbers as the previous 3 months.
No doubt about it.
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 14, 2021, 02:33:10 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 14, 2021, 02:31:43 PM
Yeah they do.

Most people know that.

You don't.

I'm just pointing to the reality.

3 months of lockdowns and restrictions and no real drop in cases during that period. You can continue to ignore this if you wish.

Your reality and mine differ. We'll leave it there.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 14, 2021, 02:38:03 PM
Have we had a peak in numbers in recent weeks? Possibly in hospitals but the bottom line is that daily new cases have been at a fairly steady level in the O6 for nearly 3 months now.

Yes, you are correct as always Angelo.
Have a look at the top left chart on Page 10 of the NI Dept of Health Dashboard, and the first two weeks in January definitely have the same numbers as the previous 3 months.
No doubt about it.
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9

I would call those case numbers fairly steady, only last week really seems out of kilter with the previous case numbers.

Lockdowns seem to have had little in the way of impact so why are we repeating failed strategies?

South Laois man

So what do you propose Angelo we do instead?

Franko

The fact staters seem to have gone seriously quiet these days...

You know the type.

X cases today in the 6
Equivalent to Y cases today in 26
If we had that number of cases we'd be *insert extreme measures*

The cynic in me would say that it seems that these facts are only worth stating when they support a certain viewpoint?

Maybe not  ::)

sid waddell

Quote from: Franko on January 14, 2021, 03:28:09 PM
The fact staters seem to have gone seriously quiet these days...

You know the type.

X cases today in the 6
Equivalent to Y cases today in 26
If we had that number of cases we'd be *insert extreme measures*

The cynic in me would say that it seems that these facts are only worth stating when they support a certain viewpoint?

Maybe not  ::)
Latest daily deaths figure in Sweden: 351

Done with Covid, done with Covid

tbrick18

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 14, 2021, 01:38:27 PM

We have lockdowns in place for the vast majority of that time. Lockdowns do not work, they have been proven to be failures.

They really haven't been at a stead level for the last 3 months at all.  There's a graph on this page that shows the rolling 7 day average.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/mapping-coronavirus-in-northern-ireland-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-in-your-council-area-39081262.html

Lockdowns work. I would hate to see figures had be neglected to lock down. It's just a pity it wasn't a stricter lockdown for longer.

Yeah I agree with that.
If they had locked down earlier and harder, then chances are the length of lockdown would have been shorter and the number of cases much lower. Therefore, less of a knock one effect to business and the nhs as a whole.
This is what the government needs to answer for IMO. Delaying for too long and not being brave enough to fully lock down.

imtommygunn

The week off then everyone squeezing all the shit they could possibly do into the week is inexcusable IMO.

Cases aren't reducing at all so they decide to open up for christmas. Couldn't make it up.

We're still very far from out of the woods and there is going to be a tough few weeks for NHS in particular.