Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 01:53:16 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 12, 2021, 01:31:44 PM
Quote from: Taylor on January 12, 2021, 01:21:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 11:01:49 AM
Quote from: Taylor on January 12, 2021, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 10:30:37 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 12, 2021, 10:12:34 AM
Quote from: Last Man on January 12, 2021, 09:44:46 AM
I get that MR but at the same time it's too important to leave it at that imho. I am not qualified to get in to it here but Google a few podcasts on metabolic health. Some of it can be heavy on the science and you might not agree with all of it. All the same there are common threads running through most of the discussion that I think can help us all.

I don't think there is any doubt collective personal health is to the benefit of the NHS longterm. A better diet by the population would be an incredible legacy however realistically, we are more likely to be on the rip all summer here (Which, considering....I don't blame anyone either).

Most people ignore how much obesity, smoking etc cost the NHS in finances because it's kinda been accepted I suppose, life being life nobody really cared. I really hope Covid however has helped some embrace a healthier way of living, the best way to boost your immunity is by being active, I don't think that can be in doubt.

Covid came along and put the Cat among the Pigeons though.

There's one way to tackle health issues related to alcohol, smoking and obesity - tax the f**k out of it.

If there is a will there is a way but that applies to everything.

We could have an efficient, properly functioning health service that looks after its citizens but the pockets of too many wealthy private interests have to get lined with millions.

And those lovely big pharma companies that some people on here are willing to swallow whatever they say have been proven in the past of fixing prices on drugs at extortionate rates and pricing people out of life saving treatment.

i would go further Angelo.....

If someone breaks lockdown and catches Covid I would refuse them admittance to hospital or at the very least charge them a f**king fortune.

And even better - if people refuse to take a vaccine (that has been proven to work) I would also refuse them entry to hospital should they need it (from Covid)
or charge them 1000's if they want treatment.

Really?

You'd charge someone £000s for not taking a vaccine we know very little about and its impacts? That's just pure unadulterated fascism right there. You want to charge people even more to use a dysfunctional health system that lines the pockets of big pharma companies who fix prices on life saving drugs at extortionate prices. Corporate companies who are happy to deny medical care to sick people in order to line their pockets with the money of hard working people?

That's some toxic outlook you have.

The vaccine has been approved - I would be quite sure you have already had a vaccine from the same approvers.

So if you dont get the vaccine and you get Covid then why should you cost the country money when you have refused to take the medically approved vaccine?

You are happy enough to let the health professionals look after you if you get ill but not happy to take a vaccine which the health professionals have recommended you get.

Right so

Just because it's been approved, doesn't mean it works.

It's roughly 95% effective. In anyone's language the vaccines work. Duration may not be for life like some vaccines and may be an annual vaccine similar to flu but there is no doubt it works.

We don't know that yet. It's only been rolled out a few weeks so far. We will find out in due course.

No I'm happy enough with the data provided that it is indeed correct. You can decide not to accept that data. That's down to you.
"
"Provided that is indeed correct"

I don't think we can say either way at the minute.

We will have to wait and see, we know very little about these vaccines in reality.

Sorry bad punctuation. (Ironic given my signature)

"I'm happy enough with the data provided, that it is indeed correct.

We'll see. I take a cynical outlook when it comes to big pharma, their culture and precedence.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trueblue1234

I know you do. I think I remember you mentioning it once.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Taylor

whitegoodman

Case numbers levelling off or lowering in the north and positivity rate in the south down to 13.82% today.  Appear to have turned a corner in terms of numbers at least.

The worst is still to come in hospital admissions though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 03:17:20 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 03:13:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 03:07:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 02:55:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 02:52:27 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 02:40:25 PM
Quote from: Taylor on January 12, 2021, 02:32:25 PM
I dont give a f**k - if Angelo and the lads refuse to take the vaccine and catch the virus then the medical professionals who authorised the vaccine should be refusing those type of people entry to hospital.

I mean - what else can we do?

People of my demograph don't really require hospitalisation.

You going to refuse hospital treatment to a speeding motorist, or a lad in fist fight, a chap who broke H&S regulations on a site accident, someone who attempted suicide?

It's the type of thing a member of the Nazi party would come out with.

I've missed that Covid part during the Nazi history class...

The end game is stopping people going to hospital with this virus.

Tell me Angelo do you think it's fake news the numbers in hospitals at the minute?

Do you think we shouldn't treat them because they're nearly dead? Would it be better to use that bed for someone in their twenties?

Put a metric on it as we are happy for people to go to hospital and lose their life from road traffic accidents, worklpace accidents, sporting accidents, drunken brawls, seasonal flu etc.

Tell me why 2,101 deaths in Jan 2018 was acceptable yet Covid deaths (which have yet to hit that monthly level) aren't.

Do you have any worries on the way Covid deaths are reported?

I've asked you a question please answer it...

I've no issues with Covid deaths being recorded, they'll be attributed towards a death and not the sole cause of death, unless you can get me an actual death certificate with that information.

No death in any year is acceptable, especially to those who have lost people through flu's cancers and any other deaths that year, I believe death has never 'been acceptable' only a point scoring idiot would use such a thing.

The metric for going to hospital is simple (even for you) if you're ill and unable to look after yourself or self medicate then hospital is the only place for you. They are stretched at the minute cause we've people not listening to medical advise.

Those beds are filling up because people are ill! Or do you think they are just making it up?

More completely false information there. From the NISRA website where they publish figures on Covid deaths.

1 Covid-19 deaths include any death where Coronavirus or Covid-19 (suspected or confirmed) was mentioned anywhere on the death certificate.

We don't have information which clarifies why people are being admitted to hospital. It seems apparent that the virus seems to be spreading in the hospital setting however and that many people admitted that are down as Covid admissions were not admitted for Covid at all.

I asked you to put up a link or show me a death cert..

You've also, on a few occasions now avoided my question.

Have a bit of common courtesy and answer mine, Just cause you think my answer doesn't suit you, I answered it truthfully all the same

Above in bold is a question you have avoided... Please answer it.. That's the third or fourth time now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

I dont give a f**k - if Angelo and the lads refuse to take the vaccine and catch the virus then the medical professionals who authorised the vaccine should be refusing those type of people entry to hospital.

What about the oath doctors take? Are they going wheel them in on a trolley, then wheel them out again when they find out they haven't had the vaccine? And leave them  outside gasping for breath?

They might not have been able to take the vaccine due to other medical issues.

Taylor

Quote from: BennyCake on January 12, 2021, 04:05:39 PM

What about the oath doctors take? Are they going wheel them in on a trolley, then wheel them out again when they find out they haven't had the vaccine? And leave them  outside gasping for breath?

Have security guards at the door.

No vaccine passport - no admission. Same as the bouncers in clubs years ago.

Means doctors dont have to worry about that end of things and their oath isnt impinged/compromised.

What medical issues stop people taking the vaccine?

Rossfan

If they read GAAboard they wouldn't let Angelo leave his cave in Tyrone in the first instance.
I'd say they'd give priority to the cancer, stroke, heart attack, traffic accident cases etc over fcktards who refused the vaccine because it wasn't 10 years being developed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 03:55:50 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 03:51:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 02:15:38 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 01:57:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 01:53:16 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 12, 2021, 01:31:44 PM
Quote from: Taylor on January 12, 2021, 01:21:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 11:01:49 AM
Quote from: Taylor on January 12, 2021, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 10:30:37 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 12, 2021, 10:12:34 AM
Quote from: Last Man on January 12, 2021, 09:44:46 AM
I get that MR but at the same time it's too important to leave it at that imho. I am not qualified to get in to it here but Google a few podcasts on metabolic health. Some of it can be heavy on the science and you might not agree with all of it. All the same there are common threads running through most of the discussion that I think can help us all.

I don't think there is any doubt collective personal health is to the benefit of the NHS longterm. A better diet by the population would be an incredible legacy however realistically, we are more likely to be on the rip all summer here (Which, considering....I don't blame anyone either).

Most people ignore how much obesity, smoking etc cost the NHS in finances because it's kinda been accepted I suppose, life being life nobody really cared. I really hope Covid however has helped some embrace a healthier way of living, the best way to boost your immunity is by being active, I don't think that can be in doubt.

Covid came along and put the Cat among the Pigeons though.

There's one way to tackle health issues related to alcohol, smoking and obesity - tax the f**k out of it.

If there is a will there is a way but that applies to everything.

We could have an efficient, properly functioning health service that looks after its citizens but the pockets of too many wealthy private interests have to get lined with millions.

And those lovely big pharma companies that some people on here are willing to swallow whatever they say have been proven in the past of fixing prices on drugs at extortionate rates and pricing people out of life saving treatment.

i would go further Angelo.....

If someone breaks lockdown and catches Covid I would refuse them admittance to hospital or at the very least charge them a f**king fortune.

And even better - if people refuse to take a vaccine (that has been proven to work) I would also refuse them entry to hospital should they need it (from Covid)
or charge them 1000's if they want treatment.

Really?

You'd charge someone £000s for not taking a vaccine we know very little about and its impacts? That's just pure unadulterated fascism right there. You want to charge people even more to use a dysfunctional health system that lines the pockets of big pharma companies who fix prices on life saving drugs at extortionate prices. Corporate companies who are happy to deny medical care to sick people in order to line their pockets with the money of hard working people?

That's some toxic outlook you have.

The vaccine has been approved - I would be quite sure you have already had a vaccine from the same approvers.

So if you dont get the vaccine and you get Covid then why should you cost the country money when you have refused to take the medically approved vaccine?

You are happy enough to let the health professionals look after you if you get ill but not happy to take a vaccine which the health professionals have recommended you get.

Right so

Just because it's been approved, doesn't mean it works.

It's roughly 95% effective. In anyone's language the vaccines work. Duration may not be for life like some vaccines and may be an annual vaccine similar to flu but there is no doubt it works.

We don't know that yet. It's only been rolled out a few weeks so far. We will find out in due course.

No I'm happy enough with the data provided that it is indeed correct. You can decide not to accept that data. That's down to you.
"
"Provided that is indeed correct"

I don't think we can say either way at the minute.

We will have to wait and see, we know very little about these vaccines in reality.

Sorry bad punctuation. (Ironic given my signature)

"I'm happy enough with the data provided, that it is indeed correct.

We'll see. I take a cynical outlook when it comes to big pharma, their culture and precedence.

+1

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 04:04:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 03:17:20 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 03:13:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 03:07:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 02:55:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 02:52:27 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 02:40:25 PM

People of my demograph don't really require hospitalisation.

You going to refuse hospital treatment to a speeding motorist, or a lad in fist fight, a chap who broke H&S regulations on a site accident, someone who attempted suicide?

It's the type of thing a member of the Nazi party would come out with.

I've missed that Covid part during the Nazi history class...

The end game is stopping people going to hospital with this virus.

Tell me Angelo do you think it's fake news the numbers in hospitals at the minute?

Do you think we shouldn't treat them because they're nearly dead? Would it be better to use that bed for someone in their twenties?

Put a metric on it as we are happy for people to go to hospital and lose their life from road traffic accidents, worklpace accidents, sporting accidents, drunken brawls, seasonal flu etc.

Tell me why 2,101 deaths in Jan 2018 was acceptable yet Covid deaths (which have yet to hit that monthly level) aren't.

Do you have any worries on the way Covid deaths are reported?

I've asked you a question please answer it...

I've no issues with Covid deaths being recorded, they'll be attributed towards a death and not the sole cause of death, unless you can get me an actual death certificate with that information.

No death in any year is acceptable, especially to those who have lost people through flu's cancers and any other deaths that year, I believe death has never 'been acceptable' only a point scoring idiot would use such a thing.

The metric for going to hospital is simple (even for you) if you're ill and unable to look after yourself or self medicate then hospital is the only place for you. They are stretched at the minute cause we've people not listening to medical advise.

Those beds are filling up because people are ill! Or do you think they are just making it up?

More completely false information there. From the NISRA website where they publish figures on Covid deaths.

1 Covid-19 deaths include any death where Coronavirus or Covid-19 (suspected or confirmed) was mentioned anywhere on the death certificate.

We don't have information which clarifies why people are being admitted to hospital. It seems apparent that the virus seems to be spreading in the hospital setting however and that many people admitted that are down as Covid admissions were not admitted for Covid at all.

I asked you to put up a link or show me a death cert..

You've also, on a few occasions now avoided my question.

Have a bit of common courtesy and answer mine, Just cause you think my answer doesn't suit you, I answered it truthfully all the same

Above in bold is a question you have avoided... Please answer it.. That's the third or fourth time now

That's the decisions medical practitioners will have to make.

But I think if it's a choice that had to be made in the matter you'd try and save the person in their 20s as they have their whole life to live would you not agree?

Would you rather lose your 20 year old son/daughter or your 80 year old parent/grandparent? You're the one insisting on me answering that question so how about you give it a go yourself.

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2021, 04:10:47 PM
If they read GAAboard they wouldn't let Angelo leave his cave in Tyrone in the first instance.
I'd say they'd give priority to the cancer, stroke, heart attack, traffic accident cases etc over fcktards who refused the vaccine because it wasn't 10 years being developed.

They will give priority to the person with the greater medical need as is their job.

Quite a dangerous rhetoric you're spouting there.

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on January 12, 2021, 04:08:32 PM

Means doctors dont have to worry about that end of things and their oath isnt impinged/compromised.

Certain groups can't get vaccinated. In the case of Covid, pregnant women for example. But Vaccines help to protect those who can't protect themselves through herd immunity. If enough people get vaccinated then it reduces the likelihood of an outbreak and of it spreading to vulnerable people.  The disease doesn't get established. It's how we protect children from MMR and other diseases because they're not old enough to get vaccinated. So the vaccine isn't all about protecting you. It's also about protecting those who are the most vulnerable in society.

BennyCake

That's where it's all heading!

PS. You can't get vaccine if pregnant, have certain allergies or recovering from the virus. Probably more.

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on January 12, 2021, 04:19:01 PM

Certain groups can't get vaccinated. In the case of Covid, pregnant women for example. But Vaccines help to protect those who can't protect themselves through herd immunity. If enough people get vaccinated then it reduces the likelihood of an outbreak and of it spreading to vulnerable people.  The disease doesn't get established. It's how we protect children from MMR and other diseases because they're not old enough to get vaccinated. So the vaccine isn't all about protecting you. It's also about protecting those who are the most vulnerable in society.

Yet no evidence to suggest that vaccines stop contraction or transmission of the virus, the only evidence of their benefit is that they minimise symptoms from Covid.

More misinformation from you, becoming a habit.

Taylor

Quote from: BennyCake on January 12, 2021, 04:21:06 PM

That's where it's all heading!

PS. You can't get vaccine if pregnant, have certain allergies or recovering from the virus. Probably more.

Fair point - if you cannot get the vaccine because of pregnancy etc then we will let them into the hospitals.

Def not letting the ones in that refuse the vaccine.

Simple.