China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2021, 01:16:10 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 10, 2021, 01:02:45 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2021, 12:54:38 AM
That's not what I asked, you're Angelo style is boring, have you taken medication or has your family taken medication?

Medication that you or family has taken has been approved and put through the same measure of approval.

But medication you took back in the 70's is safer than medication that's being approved now?

So have you taken medication and had your family taken vaccines in the past?
Yes, my family have taken vaccines and medication.

There is something not right with the whole package of this. 

I am not scared of this Virus, I am scared of how this virus is being used.

That's my personal opinion. Each to their own.

I hope I am wrong about my distrust. I really do. I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

You're not wrong.

Do you know that? You get your degree lately or is this information you gathered on Facebook

My family will do what they want, they are more intelligent than me, I'll be taking it when available
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2021, 01:13:41 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 10, 2021, 12:57:43 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2021, 12:50:17 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 10, 2021, 12:45:40 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2021, 12:01:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2021, 11:49:05 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 09, 2021, 11:25:41 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 09, 2021, 07:45:28 PM
So basically when all the over 80s are vaccinated in 2 weeks when it starts to kick in it will eliminate almost 70% of deaths
And 50% hospitalised patients.
Don't see any reason why lockdowns should continue to a high extent.
Off course open up slowly. And it will give an even younger cohort to get vaccinated
Agree???

Even if we all get vaccinated, will it eliminate the virus? I highly doubt it. It's unclear whether a vaccinated person can still pass on the virus.

Anyway, what will life be like post lockdowns? It doesn't bear thinking about.

Will life be better with vaccinations or not?

As smurfy alluded, I don't think this is going away, even with mass vaccination.

Hancock saying
vaccinations will probably have to happen every 6/12 months, and the possibility of future lockdowns, particularly in winter. Well, reading between the lines, this virus is here to stay.

I mean, all the talk now is mass vaccination mass vaccination, we're going to get XXX number vaccinated by March/April etc. Ok fair enough, but that's obviously not going to be the answer if Hancock is suggesting more jabs in the future. Why would he say that? They obviously know that the double dose vaccine for everyone isn't going to be enough.

Stop listening/reading to whatever he says.

Do you think he's some loose cannon just shouting his mouth off? He knows what he's saying, because he's been told to say it.
Most of what he says is either his own guessing or told the guess work of some other gormless bucko.  Stick to views of someone with medical or scientific knowledge.

Ok how about Luke O'Neill saying similar. Go to 04:15

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2elYr8GPo8

More speculation. Long term mask wearing is a possibility as has been done in Asian countries for years.

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2021, 01:20:11 AM
That's not what I asked, you're Angelo style is boring, have you taken medication or has your family taken medication?

Medication that you or family has taken has been approved and put through the same measure of approval.

But medication you took back in the 70's is safer than medication that's being approved now?

I hope I am wrong about my distrust. I really do. I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

You're not wrong.

Do you know that? You get your degree lately or is this information you gathered on Facebook

My family will do what they want, they are more intelligent than me, I'll be taking it when available

Ah come on MR. You're an intelligent fella. You know how the world works. There's more to all this than a virus.

From the Bunker

You're not wrong.

I'm just going on instinct and figures. The figures don't add up and the rest add up even less. Most of my parenting, decisions on work, decisions on life are based on instinct. I'm not claiming to be more intelligent and I may be totally wrong. What do I know?

I am not going to tell you what to do. God knows you probably know a lot more on this than I do.

I do hope that if the time comes that our decision is of free will and that we are not Blackmailed into an uncomfortable situation.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 10, 2021, 01:27:54 AM
So basically when all the over 80s are vaccinated in 2 weeks when it starts to kick in it will eliminate almost 70% of deaths
Off course open up slowly. And it will give an even younger cohort to get vaccinated
Agree???

Even if we all get vaccinated, will it eliminate the virus? I highly doubt it. It's unclear whether a vaccinated person can still pass on the virus.

As smurfy alluded, I don't think this is going away, even with mass vaccination.

Hancock saying
vaccinations will probably have to happen every 6/12 months, and the possibility of future lockdowns, particularly in winter. Well, reading between the lines, this virus is here to stay.

I mean, all the talk now is mass vaccination mass vaccination, we're going to get XXX number vaccinated by March/April etc. Ok fair enough, but that's obviously not going to be the answer if Hancock is suggesting more jabs in the future. Why would he say that? They obviously know that the double dose vaccine for everyone isn't going to be enough.

Do you think he's some loose cannon just shouting his mouth off? He knows what he's saying, because he's been told to say it.
Most of what he says is either his own guessing or told the guess work of some other gormless bucko.  Stick to views of someone with medical or scientific knowledge.

More speculation. Long term mask wearing is a possibility as has been done in Asian countries for years.

Ah, so I point you to someone with scientific background and you're still not satisfied? :D

Covid certificate in your pocket, or on your arm permanently. There's your future. A barcode.

Asians tend to wear masks because of pollution.

Milltown Row2

See I thought that about the Asians, but they wear masks because the place has suffered with these outbreaks..

Yes , everyone do what they feel right and let others go about theirs..

I think the 100 to 40 poll shows how it may pan out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2021, 01:37:16 AM
Agree???

Hancock saying

Ah, so I point you to someone with scientific background and you're still not satisfied? :D

Covid certificate in your pocket, or on your arm permanently. There's your future. A barcode.

O'Neill is hit or miss on his theories since this virus arrived and that's all it is at the moment a theory. You on the other hand want to take what Matt Hancock said as a fact.

Plenty of Asian cites don't have high pollution and they still have loads of mask wearing and long before covid.

Mario

For a year the vaccine was the way out. Now I can see Hannock on the Andrew Marr (and others over last few weeks) changing the rhetoric a bit, 1. If there are no new variants 2. The roll out has to go effectively 3. The deaths have to come down 4. And the nhs is protected. Then we can open up. Another scientist on the show said there will  be lockdowns next winter.

This is getting beyond a joke, 2m are vaccinated in UK already, in another month it will prob be 3 times that or more. We should be open at the end of February or March for good. Are we just going to stay inside so no one ever gets sick again.

Smurfy123

The narrative always changes and agree now they are saying when all over 70s in February are vaccinated we will need to go through until at least the end of March even though deaths wil drop by over 90%
Underfunded NHS for 10 years. 25% less beds than 10 years ago. Why are they not getting skated over this?
When the reduction of deaths drop that much and hospital admissions drop so much what else can be done?
Surely the younger cohort off below 50s getting it really can't be helped and is of no real concern?
If we are going to lock people of for fear of dying at a low percentage we may stop living

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 10, 2021, 10:09:31 AM
The narrative always changes and agree now they are saying when all over 70s in February are vaccinated we will need to go through until at least the end of March even though deaths wil drop by over 90%
Underfunded NHS for 10 years. 25% less beds than 10 years ago. Why are they not getting skated over this?
When the reduction of deaths drop that much and hospital admissions drop so much what else can be done?
Surely the younger cohort off below 50s getting it really can't be helped and is of no real concern?
If we are going to lock people of for fear of dying at a low percentage we may stop living

Things will naturally open up, the 'opposition' will say it's safe and we'll move on, people will ask for an exit strategy and while goal posts have been moved in the past the vaccine leaves them with no other position other than back to normality..

The only concern for me is people think that getting it under the age of 50 is grand, just because the odds are so slim, we know nothing of the after affects of Covid, how your body reacts with dealing with a respiratory virus.

I'll be taking the vaccine, I don't want the possibility of catching any virus be it flu or Covid,  my kids are adults and they'll do what they want, as will the wife.

Can't believe we are at the point of coming out of it and people are saying this is some sort of conspiracy to get us to stay in, ruin the economy, create more mental health issues, just so a Pharmaceutical company can make money!!

6th sam

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 10, 2021, 10:09:31 AM

Fair points .
Though we must lockdown now as winter pressures added to by this pandemic , pressurises our chronically funded nhs.
Every raw stat produced is virtually meaningless unless put into context.
Government should already be planning on managing these pandemics going forward, because they are  likely to recur
I suspect that there were previous viral pandemics that "slipped under the radar", and it's almost guaranteed that there will be future worldwide viral pandemics.

If the NHS ( community and hospital) was properly resourced going forward then we wouldn't have to lockdown to prevent it being overwhelmed.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 10, 2021, 01:57:56 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2021, 01:37:16 AM
Agree???

Hancock saying

O'Neill is hit or miss on his theories since this virus arrived and that's all it is at the moment a theory. You on the other hand want to take what Matt Hancock said as a fact.

Plenty of Asian cites don't have high pollution and they still have loads of mask wearing and long before covid.

Did you see TLLS Friday? What did they each get after their jab? A certificate. And what is that for? Haven't you seen the Ryanair advert? Or what Qantas and other airlines are saying? No jab, you don't fly.

You don't think they will apply that to other areas of life? ONeill said it will apply to schools. I've heard it said about sports events and concerts too. Anywhere where there's people; cinemas, gyms, churches, hospitals, supermarkets, banks, building sites, offices etc. Now that might be ok to do for a few months until the virus is eliminated and life returns to normal. But it's obviously not going away, as theryre saying there will likely be lockdowns each winter, mask wearing continuing and more vaccines in the future.

This is about far more than just fighting a virus now.

Smurfy123

All good points lads
The public can only take lockdowns for so long as we are already seeing
Into our third lockdown and little or nothing done to increase bed capacity
When the vaccines kick in if they do as we are told I would expect things to turn pretty quickly as we have an estimated 30000 nhs staff off isolating or have covid. Add them all coming back to work on top of lower levels of hospitalised patients and we should be in a much better place
But I am not liking the way our government have now changed the narrative. The vaccine was the single most way out of this now it's we will need to lockdown for much longer and keep some with us going forward

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 10, 2021, 10:42:29 AM
All good points lads
The public can only take lockdowns for so long as we are already seeing
Into our third lockdown and little or nothing done to increase bed capacity
When the vaccines kick in if they do as we are told I would expect things to turn pretty quickly as we have an estimated 30000 nhs staff off isolating or have covid. Add them all coming back to work on top of lower levels of hospitalised patients and we should be in a much better place
But I am not liking the way our government have now changed the narrative. The vaccine was the single most way out of this now it's we will need to lockdown for much longer and keep some with us going forward

When the current sick come back the NHS is still below staffing levels needed to deal with a pandemic.

Beds are not a problem, space is not a problem, it's manning these wards beds ICU's ... it takes 4 years to train a nurse, up to 6/7 years for a specialist doctor, another year for a nurse to be trained fully in ICU. So we can't just be at the level we need to tackle the next one.

The problem will be if the government go down the route of increased staffing levels then when there is no pandemic or after the winter increased sicknesses, you'll have a large workforce not doing much...

I think,  like the army, we need a reserve staff, people who are trained during the year like the TA and given roles in hospitals during the weekends and at night, building skill levels while working their normal jobs by day..

The hospitals need an overhaul in equipment better technology will save lives quicker than extra staff, the waiting times need to be reduced, surgeons need to pick a side, either they are NHS or private, and the government needs to reimburse them accordingly.

Angelo

You're not wrong.

And what do you know?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL