China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 09, 2021, 09:25:00 PM
Do they reckon everyone will be vaccinated by next winter ?

I think all adults could be vaccinated by the Autumn. the pace will step up as other vaccines become available and as production facilities gear up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

Hope the fukwits are happy.

When people needing acute care are essentially turned away at the door - the health service has collapsed.

"lockdowns stop people getting treatment" they said.

Those that knew better told them it was the opposite.

Well, here we are, continued use of watered down measures leads to people not getting treated because there are no available staff or beds due to the surge in additional patients needing acute care due to covid.

Of course - expect the fukwits to try and twist it around into something else. Pity all the stupid c*nts couldn't be packed away off to a planet of their own so the rest of us don't have to live with the effects their stupidity has on our lives.

Just remember this - the more chances you give the virus to reproduce (i.e. by spreading it further), the more chances you give it to mutate to the point of vaccine escape.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: sid waddell on January 09, 2021, 08:59:11 PM
It could also lead to mutations - it seems that the more the virus spreads, the more it mutates

There is no seems about it - that's an accepted norm of RNA reproduction. Imperfect (relative to DNA) and leads to (relatively) large amounts of mutations.
i usse an speelchekor

Smurfy123

Have to agree Radio some people need to cop themselves on
But our health system is so badly underfunded this was always going to happen sometime
People not wearing masks in shops
No checks at airports
Cross border travel no stops
2 full weeks into lockdown another 4 to go and more I would think
Vaccination wise this thing could snowball very quick with more vaccinations coming. I would not be one bit surprised if the uk are hitting 4 million a week by March

BennyCake

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 09, 2021, 07:45:28 PM
So basically when all the over 80s are vaccinated in 2 weeks when it starts to kick in it will eliminate almost 70% of deaths
And 50% hospitalised patients.
Don't see any reason why lockdowns should continue to a high extent.
Off course open up slowly. And it will give an even younger cohort to get vaccinated
Agree???

Even if we all get vaccinated, will it eliminate the virus? I highly doubt it. It's unclear whether a vaccinated person can still pass on the virus.

Anyway, what will life be like post lockdowns? It doesn't bear thinking about.

Smurfy123

Bennycake I'm not getting my hopes up with the vaccines
Don't know why just a bad feeling
Things look very very bleak at present
It's a tough tough slug it really is
I've never felt so downbeat
Hopefully things improve

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on January 09, 2021, 11:25:41 PM
So basically when all the over 80s are vaccinated in 2 weeks when it starts to kick in it will eliminate almost 70% of deaths
Off course open up slowly. And it will give an even younger cohort to get vaccinated
Agree???

Even if we all get vaccinated, will it eliminate the virus? I highly doubt it. It's unclear whether a vaccinated person can still pass on the virus.

Will life be better with vaccinations or not?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

I don't know milltown
I will let you know in 6 weeks if we see some changes
Maybe small but wil soon see

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2021, 11:49:05 PM
Agree???

As smurfy alluded, I don't think this is going away, even with mass vaccination.

Hancock saying vaccinations will probably have to happen every 6/12 months, and the possibility of future lockdowns, particularly in winter. Well, reading between the lines, this virus is here to stay.

I mean, all the talk now is mass vaccination mass vaccination, we're going to get XXX number vaccinated by March/April etc. Ok fair enough, but that's obviously not going to be the answer if Hancock is suggesting more jabs in the future. Why would he say that? They obviously know that the double dose vaccine for everyone isn't going to be enough.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2021, 12:01:18 AM
Agree???

As smurfy alluded, I don't think this is going away, even with mass vaccination.

Hancock saying vaccinations will probably have to happen every 6/12 months, and the possibility of future lockdowns, particularly in winter. Well, reading between the lines, this virus is here to stay.

I mean, all the talk now is mass vaccination mass vaccination, we're going to get XXX number vaccinated by March/April etc. Ok fair enough, but that's obviously not going to be the answer if Hancock is suggesting more jabs in the future. Why would he say that? They obviously know that the double dose vaccine for everyone isn't going to be enough.

No it's not entirely going away, it could be the new flu. We'll get the jab every year and get on with our lives...

But is this the same Hancock who couldn't organise a photo shoot at a surgery? Be like listening to Poots ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2021, 12:09:58 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2021, 12:01:18 AM
Agree???

No it's not entirely going away, it could be the new flu. We'll get the jab every year and get on with our lives...

But is this the same Hancock who couldn't organise a photo shoot at a surgery? Be like listening to Poots ffs

If it was only a jab every year, that's fine. But it won't be.

I think they're deliberately giving us a glimpse of the future. That wasn't a schoolboy error. He was aware of what he was saying. Anyway, Luke O'Neill has said much more on what the future will entail.

Milltown Row2

It could be, but again, what would you rather have? Currently life is shit, but a vaccine life or a life were the vulnerable are safer is better to this shit show

From the Bunker

Agree???

What do you think? We have been scared into this position despite 99.7% of the population being completely safe from dying from this virus. We are going to be a slave to this for the rest of our lives. Pharmaceutical companies own us now!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 10, 2021, 12:25:25 AM
Agree???

What do you think? We have been scared into this position despite 99.7% of the population being completely safe from dying from this virus. We are going to be a slave to this for the rest of our lives. Pharmaceutical companies own us now!

It's simple, just don't take it. We've been taking vaccines since birth but you're unsure now? You take any medication or know any family that take it?

Smurfy123

Well all the medical advisors couldn't be wrong. Chief advisor of the British government says the vaccine is the way out. Let's see. We should see changes around the start of March