China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 06, 2021, 03:32:01 PM
The updated figure for NI after FW 49 is 16431 which is on track for 17436. I can't find the link on the NI stats page to see what it's reading now at year end.

Found the link. We are at 16781 after week 50 which is on track for 17452 deaths this year assuming the same rate over the last 2 weeks. That's the highest since 1973 (17669) and the 3rd highest figure since 1941.

https://www.nisra.gov.uk/publications/weekly-deaths

As stated earlier- What would that figure be without lockdown? I appreciate that lockdown will lead to some additional deaths and all that should not be allowed to happen. However- I think if we carried on as normal and deaths spiralled in to the 20,000 range, that that impact on mental health, as one example would've been even more severe that what we're currently seeing.

So Angelo maybe that's why we've lost the run of ourselves.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laoislad

So schools and construction closed for month of January at least.
Took them long enough to make the announcement but sure at least we know now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Angelo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 06, 2021, 04:16:08 PM
The updated figure for NI after FW 49 is 16431 which is on track for 17436. I can't find the link on the NI stats page to see what it's reading now at year end.

Found the link. We are at 16781 after week 50 which is on track for 17452 deaths this year assuming the same rate over the last 2 weeks. That's the highest since 1973 (17669) and the 3rd highest figure since 1941.

As stated earlier- What would that figure be without lockdown? I appreciate that lockdown will lead to some additional deaths and all that should not be allowed to happen. However- I think if we carried on as normal and deaths spiralled in to the 20,000 range, that that impact on mental health, as one example would've been even more severe that what we're currently seeing.

But we didn't lose the run of ourselves in January 2018.

Sound.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 04:42:18 PM

Sound.

We didn't need to, the flu epidemic was under control by March without any special measures.
As the table above shows, more people have died in 11 months of 2020 than all of 2018, and that is with a lot of effort to control things by many people.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Know someone who got covid-19  twice in London.,5/6  months apart, I though they said that couldn't happen??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 06, 2021, 10:32:33 PM
Know someone who got covid-19  twice in London.,5/6  months apart, I though they said that couldn't happen??

Nah, there's been plenty getting it twice..

I'd a client got it twice, first time floored, hospital and ventilation

Second time 7 months later he got it again, but only lost his taste! After just getting it back lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on January 06, 2021, 05:03:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 04:42:18 PM

Sound.

We didn't need to, the flu epidemic was under control by March without any special measures.
As the table above shows, more people have died in 11 months of 2020 than all of 2018, and that is with a lot of effort to control things by many people.

Yes, we didn't even know it was happening.

We had a massive peak in Jan 2018 which has yet to be surpassed during all the hysteria and panic of Covid and nobody batted an eyelid, In fact it wasn't even newsworthy until about a year later.

You don't find that strange?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 10:37:59 PM

Second time 7 months later he got it again, but only lost his taste! After just getting it back lol

This is why it's kinda gone to pot now. In March people were taking this serious- all these things about the mess in Italy, people in Wuhan everyroad on ground, stuff like that. Now they know the truth.....look, it's a killer...under the right circumstances, no point denying that if you aren't well or are in that bracket it's not something you want to experience.

The vast, vast majority of times (if you even know you have it). You'll be grand. People know what now. That's why people are turning against lockdowns in a massive way and compliance is plummeting to a low (combined with relaxation re: vaccination).

Not saying the above is my own opinion, but that's pretty much where we are with the public.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 07, 2021, 11:40:57 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 10:37:59 PM

This is why it's kinda gone to pot now. In March people were taking this serious- all these things about the mess in Italy, people in Wuhan everyroad on ground, stuff like that. Now they know the truth.....look, it's a killer...under the right circumstances, no point denying that if you aren't well or are in that bracket it's not something you want to experience.

The vast, vast majority of times (if you even know you have it). You'll be grand. People know what now. That's why people are turning against lockdowns in a massive way and compliance is plummeting to a low (combined with relaxation re: vaccination).

Not saying the above is my own opinion, but that's pretty much where we are with the public.

Lockdowns are a way of governments absolving themselves from responsibility rather than actually addressing the issues they can throw it back on the public and say "listen we told you what to do but you didn't comply".

GetOverTheBar

I'd agree with that, definitely with regards to the NHS propaganda. I see clapping is back tonight.

I really don't know.

Milltown Row2

Any fool that thinks the NHS is in the right shape needs their head examined and I haven't seen a poster on her think any different.

While my personal experience has been limited the care taken towards my dad was amazing, but there are thousands out there waiting (before covid) to have operations that have been 3 years long..

I'm not sure the NHS is sustainable unless we start paying more taxes, if we want a viable service then we need to pay more for it, its losing millions per day..

I work in private health, the difference is night and day, you get what you pay for.

There are people out there every day not taking precautions for this virus, the hospital is the place were you go to after you have covid that means you have to be hospitalized. blaming the government for not having a good NHS is completely correct, blaming fuckwits for going around and creating multiple infections is not a government problem, that's completely at fault of the fuckwits who thinks the virus won't get him cause he doesn't  fit the bracket
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It is underfunded and mismanaged. The staff "on the ground" are doing a fantastic job keeping it going as well as it is going. The layers of bureaucracy they have brought in are really not helping it and are also a big problem. I have heard a lot from nurses these days that they don't have time to do their job because of this.

The government has to take a good part of the blame for how this has panned out. We have stormont here and then BoJo from the north. The south is signifcantly better there but far from perfect.

Individuals need to take personal responsibility too but I would feel like it is very easy for the government to say that too. Also their own need to take responsibility first and foremost and set an example. Sammy Wilson springs to mind in 4 instances now wrt that. Then there was BoJo shaking patients hands who had covid.

rodney trotter

State of emergency declared in Tokyo due to mounting covid cases. The Olympics could be cancelled for another year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 07, 2021, 01:25:55 PM
State of emergency declared in Tokyo due to mounting covid cases. The Olympics could be cancelled for another year.

Just let it go ahead, with not spectators.. Sure they are young fit men that would have no issues if they caught covid, let her rip

Smurfy123

Let me quote the south of Ireland's Health minister on RTE just now
And I quote
There is no evidence of flu this year
Sometimes it makes you really think