China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaney

Quote from: armaghniac on January 05, 2021, 11:05:53 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 05, 2021, 10:54:53 AM
A lot of people seem to be along the line of saying your death and plight is acceptable as long as it not directly related to contracting Covid.

Nobody is saying this. Who exactly has said this, give us a concrete example.

Nothing matters but covid, and if you haven't got it they will put it on your death cert anyways.  It's a covid state and those ballbags on the hill couldn't run a bath - just following Bo Joke and his ilk - - how Hancock is still employed is beyond me.

Seaney

Quote from: Angelo on January 05, 2021, 11:11:45 AM
Here comes the barrage of LCohen repeat questions that have already been answered to throw the topic off track.

And ask you what your plan is - but won't state his own thoughts - Milhouse, the complete embarrassment, will be in to back him up and tell him he is the most intelligent poster on the board.

LCohen

I see Seaney and Angelo have got their heads together. Will their collective efforts come up with a question that they have posed and I haven't answered?

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on January 05, 2021, 11:27:14 AM
I see Seaney and Angelo have got their heads together. Will their collective efforts come up with a question that they have posed and I haven't answered?

You are just boring now - though Milhouse will be loving your high intellect!  What's your plan, you keep asking others theirs and they keep telling you but you like to wait a while then say they haven't been answered, or are you happy with the failed narrative and all the pain that brings to many many sections of the community? 

sid waddell

We cannot live with the virus because to live with the virus means living with the virus growing

And we cannot do that

My father is probably going to die of Covid, along with many other people, because he picked it up in hospital while being treated for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

And lots of other people will die for similar reasons, and people will also die because their treatable non-Covid medical problems turn into no longer treatable problems because they don't seek treatment because they are understandably petrified of catching Covid

This would not be happening if the virus had not grown

We should have tried to eliminate the virus and we still should try to do that, in tandem with vaccinations - better late than never - it won't save my father but it would save other people

This by Naomi O'Leary is one of the best articles written during this pandemic

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/the-west-has-failed-us-and-europe-have-made-a-mess-of-handling-the-crisis-1.4395473

sid waddell

There's a special place in hell reserved for these far right political propaganda merchants

trailer

Quote from: sid waddell on January 05, 2021, 12:45:44 PM
We cannot live with the virus because to live with the virus means living with the virus growing

And we cannot do that

My father is probably going to die of Covid, along with many other people, because he picked it up in hospital while being treated for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

And lots of other people will die for similar reasons, and people will also die because their treatable non-Covid medical problems turn into no longer treatable problems because they don't seek treatment because they are understandably petrified of catching Covid

This would not be happening if the virus had not grown

We should have tried to eliminate the virus and we still should try to do that, in tandem with vaccinations - better late than never - it won't save my father but it would save other people

This by Naomi O'Leary is one of the best articles written during this pandemic

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/the-west-has-failed-us-and-europe-have-made-a-mess-of-handling-the-crisis-1.4395473

Good read

sid waddell

You lied, you faked, you cheated, you changed the stakes
Magnet toss that pie in the sky, unrehearsed, let the bubbles burst
All in all, a three-ring circus of unity with parody
Tragedy or comedy, probably publicity

Open up, and make room for me

Yeah

armaghniac

And the same type of chart of European countries (not all in this)/ While this does show the line dropping near the end this probably reflects data still to come in and does not reflect the recent UK increase. We are well beyond flu in any case, although some countries have kept Covid under control.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on January 05, 2021, 03:03:49 PM
And the same type of chart of European countries (not all in this)/ While this does show the line dropping near the end this probably reflects data still to come in and does not reflect the recent UK increase. We are well beyond flu in any case, although some countries have kept Covid under control.

Well beyond?

Look at the winter flu season of 17/18.

It's not well beyond that, it's slightly beyond it.

We did not bat an eyelid when we had 50k excess deaths during the winter flu season of 17/18. The death rates this winter should be compared with that of a bad winter flu season and see what the difference was and whether we have overreacted.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on January 05, 2021, 03:16:03 PM

Well beyond?

We did not bat an eyelid when we had 50k excess deaths during the winter flu season of 17/18. The death rates this winter should be compared with that of a bad winter flu season and see what the difference was and whether we have overreacted.

Good idea.

When doing that comparison, be sure to account for the fact that there were no social distancing measures or restrictions of any kind in 17/18.

I'm sure someone with knowledge of respiratory disease transmission could provide an estimate of the factor which would need to be applied in order to make the comparison a fair one.

Or don't bother doing that.

In which case, you've wasted your time.

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on January 05, 2021, 03:25:52 PM

Well beyond?

Good idea.

When doing that comparison, be sure to account for the fact that there were no social distancing measures or restrictions of any kind in 17/18.

I'm sure someone with knowledge of respiratory disease transmission could provide an estimate of the factor which would need to be applied in order to make the comparison a fair one.

So 50k excess deaths is an acceptable figure without any restrictive measures for you?

Interesting.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on January 05, 2021, 03:28:39 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 05, 2021, 03:25:52 PM

Well beyond?

Good idea.

So 50k excess deaths is an acceptable figure without any restrictive measures for you?

Interesting.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same about this pathetic straw man effort.

armaghniac

Well beyond?

The flu in 2018 has 10,000 excess deaths in a month, April 2020 had 30,000 excess deaths in a month despite extensive measures, but of course Covid is not really seasonal and there were 15000 excess deaths a month in the autumn also. Even in NI, deaths in the first week of November were up one third on  the 5 year average, and outside any previous experience for that time of year, the rest of November was more like up 20%. 

QuoteWe did not bat an eyelid when we had 50k excess deaths during the winter flu season of 17/18. The death rates this winter should be compared with that of a bad winter flu season and see what the difference was and whether we have overreacted.

Who is "we" in this case?

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

17 deaths along with 5325 cases is the Republic's latest daily figure

Deaths really beginning to tick up again now and they will continue to do so