China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaney

Quote from: Angelo on January 04, 2021, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 02:31:48 PM
Just let the old die, only way out of this, as they'd have only a few months to live, according to angelo

Or just regard the plight of many vulnerable groupings, disabled people, people who live alone, people in abusive relationships, people with health conditions not associated with Covid, the education of kids, people who lose their jobs, businesses that are closed down?

Ignore those and put the full focus on Covid?

Bigfella will be rolling the eyes - some numpties on here.

imtommygunn

That's the wisest thing you have said yet Seaney.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 02:47:20 PM
I think we should just go down the Logan Run approach.. anyone over the age of 50 (think it was 25 in the film) just just be left to fend for themselves or put in the gas chamber

We do, as a whole have to start asking when is the time to return to 'normality' in fairness.

1,300 odd deaths in NI. By end of Jan (or before) we will have vaccinated all of the over 80s including GPs / Staff which is apparently 82,000 + people (Guess which gets far more 'media time').

We are in lockdowns to protect the elderly and the NHS. Surely, this latest lockdown of 6 weeks must be the last? I think as a people we deserve to be told the expectations, numbers wise for what will get us out of this lockdown hell since they have no problem telling us the figures that get us into it.

I'm obviously not a massive fan of lockdowns....but, like the majority of the public I follow the guidelines for the good of others. I just don't have absolutely any belief whatsoever the politicians here will give us anything at the end of January.

Personally I'm pretty much at the end of my interest in it after my previous post regarding a far enough out relative that was put down as a covid death after months and months of negatives prior. Frankly it is a disgrace that they can do things like that, that bulks up numbers for Covid. Again, the man was just old, his time had come. No Covid, nothing.

We do have a right to start asking when the end will be in sight, I would obviously just try and phrase it a bit better than "let it rip".

Seaney

Bless, so lockdowns for the foreseeable future to protect a few and destroy the many, even a child could see how it's wrong!

dublin7

Just let the old die, only way out of this, as they'd have only a few months to live, according to angelo

Or just regard the plight of many vulnerable groupings, disabled people, people who live alone, people in abusive relationships, people with health conditions not associated with Covid, the education of kids, people who lose their jobs, businesses that are closed down?

What exactly was being done for people in abusive relationships that isn't being done now?

Sweden tried the herd immunity approach and it has backfired spectacularly. Even the King of Sweden has admitted they got it wrong. Rolling lockdowns are the only option available to governments around the world unfortunately.

Seaney

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 04, 2021, 03:10:08 PM
I think we should just go down the Logan Run approach.. anyone over the age of 50 (think it was 25 in the film) just just be left to fend for themselves or put in the gas chamber

We do, as a whole have to start asking when is the time to return to 'normality' in fairness.

1,300 odd deaths in NI. By end of Jan (or before) we will have vaccinated all of the over 80s including GPs / Staff which is apparently 82,000 + people (Guess which gets far more 'media time').

We are in lockdowns to protect the elderly and the NHS. Surely, this latest lockdown of 6 weeks must be the last? I think as a people we deserve to be told the expectations, numbers wise for what will get us out of this lockdown hell since they have no problem telling us the figures that get us into it.

I'm obviously not a massive fan of lockdowns....but, like the majority of the public I follow the guidelines for the good of others. I just don't have absolutely any belief whatsoever the politicians here will give us anything at the end of January.

Personally I'm pretty much at the end of my interest in it after my previous post regarding a far enough out relative that was put down as a covid death after months and months of negatives prior. Frankly it is a disgrace that they can do things like that, that bulks up numbers for Covid. Again, the man was just old, his time had come. No Covid, nothing.

We do have a right to start asking when the end will be in sight, I would obviously just try and phrase it a bit better than "let it rip".

Had the same experience, it's wrong, it's immoral, it's political, it's a game at this stage, it's another slap in the face of the bereaved on top of no wake and 25 at the funeral.

Seaney

Quote from: dublin7 on January 04, 2021, 03:13:23 PM

What exactly was being done for people in abusive relationships that isn't being done now?

Sweden tried the herd immunity approach and it has backfired spectacularly. Even the King of Sweden has admitted they got it wrong. Rolling lockdowns are the only option available to governments around the world unfortunately.

Their abuser wasn't f**king locked up with them 24/7 - not the brightest spark are you!

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 04, 2021, 03:10:08 PM

Good post but be prepared for the type of hysterical backlash that you saw from Milltown above.

Apart from the Mar-Apr death rates, excess deaths in Europe are not up by the % you would expect given the mass hysteria.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

My oul' lad had to be carted off to hospital by ambulance on December 26th, UCH Galway

He has a persistent urinary tract infection, also has advanced Parkinson's/dementia, he's 77

Tested Covid negative on December 26th and 30th

After a course of antibiotics he was doing well and was supposed to be coming home today

Well, he's not now, we were told this morning he's Covid positive, picked it up in the ward, the place is riddled

He'll probably be coming home soon, in a box most likely

But sure at least the country had a Christmas

Angelo

Sorry to hear that Sid.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Quote from: sid waddell on January 04, 2021, 03:20:46 PM
My oul' lad had to be carted off to hospital by ambulance on December 26th, UCH Galway

He has a persistent urinary tract infection, also has advanced Parkinson's/dementia, he's 77

Tested Covid negative on December 26th and 30th

After a course of antibiotics he was doing well and was supposed to be coming home today

Well, he's not now, we were told this morning he's Covid positive, picked it up in the ward, the place is riddled

He'll probably be coming home soon, in a box most likely

But sure at least the country had a Christmas

Sorry to hear that Sid. It's an all to common story.

imtommygunn

Yeah sorry to hear that Sid. Nothing is a given yet so hopefully everything will turn out ok.

Seaney

Sorry to hear that Sid hopefully he pulls through, my own parent has tested positive new years eve in care home just waiting on phone call each day!

Smurfy123

Sorry to hear that Sid and Seaney
Hopefully both pull through
I'll say a wee prayer 🙏