Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaney

Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 05:06:14 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 04:57:47 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 29, 2020, 04:43:27 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 29, 2020, 02:37:49 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 29, 2020, 02:26:24 PM
The notion of making the vaccine compulsory for your job will be extremely hard to enforce. That is a significant change to a contract of employment and you can't simply make a unilateral change and enforce it on someone. If you make it as a pre-requisite for people applying for a job it will leave companies so open to potential claims.

The government need to change the law. Companies must not employ people who are a health risk to their customers and they must have the legal rights to do so. Make companies responsible for any infection from unvaccinated people.

Yawn the vaccination doesn't stop the spread, the whole country could be vaccinated and you could still get it, maybe you should take greater personal responsibility.
What's the evidence for your assertion?
Seaney?

Facts, care homes in the north first dose end Nov start Dec, all now reporting numerous cases, staff and residents. Have you scientific evidence it does stop the spread  ::)

sid waddell

Quote from: Seaney on December 29, 2020, 05:09:31 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 05:06:14 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 04:57:47 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 29, 2020, 04:43:27 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 29, 2020, 02:37:49 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 29, 2020, 02:26:24 PM
The notion of making the vaccine compulsory for your job will be extremely hard to enforce. That is a significant change to a contract of employment and you can't simply make a unilateral change and enforce it on someone. If you make it as a pre-requisite for people applying for a job it will leave companies so open to potential claims.

The government need to change the law. Companies must not employ people who are a health risk to their customers and they must have the legal rights to do so. Make companies responsible for any infection from unvaccinated people.

Yawn the vaccination doesn't stop the spread, the whole country could be vaccinated and you could still get it, maybe you should take greater personal responsibility.
What's the evidence for your assertion?
Seaney?

Facts, care homes in the north first dose end Nov start Dec, all now reporting numerous cases, staff and residents. Have you scientific evidence it does stop the spread  ::)
I'm asking you for firm scientific evidence that the vaccine does not stop or inhibit the spread of the virus/Covid

The vaccine was not approved in November, it has only been approved very recently and a very small number of people have been vaccinated as of now

To the best of my knowledge the evidence you claim exists does not exist and only time will tell if the vaccine/s stop or inhibit the spread of the virus/Covid

Seaney

I am asking you for firm evidence it does. 15th December one care home staff and residents vaccinated, today 13 positive cases.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 29, 2020, 04:59:16 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 29, 2020, 04:17:01 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 29, 2020, 02:56:56 PMImpossible to police. The Government cannot simply implement a law which will override the rights of millions of workers and their personal rights.  The vaccination is an invasion of a person, you cannot make it compulsory for people to have a needle stuck in them.  That is a huge breach of civil liberties, whether it is beneficial or not, and the Government cannot do that.

With respect - f**k the rights of the stupid to be stupid if it endangers others.

BCB1 is spot on here by the way.

What you are asking for here Radio is essentially people to be injected, (potentially) against their own free will. People know there is a 98% survival rate for this thing (if you even know you get it).

The North Koreans wouldn't even do that to their own people. I understand your passion on this subject but you are asking for Orwell's Dystopian nightmare here and something that simply must not be allowed to happen.

Chill the jets GAAGAA, I'm simply stating that it will be very hard to police and as has been stated the notion of compulsory vaccination is a no go in a modern civil society. Travel restrictions may be the easiest way to get people to get it. Airlines and ferry companies can out in place whatever restrictions they wish as they are private companies. If people can't travel they will quickly vaccinate.

For what it's worth I believe in the vaccination

grounded

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 29, 2020, 05:36:15 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 29, 2020, 02:56:56 PMImpossible to police. The Government cannot simply implement a law which will override the rights of millions of workers and their personal rights.  The vaccination is an invasion of a person, you cannot make it compulsory for people to have a needle stuck in them.  That is a huge breach of civil liberties, whether it is beneficial or not, and the Government cannot do that.

With respect - f**k the rights of the stupid to be stupid if it endangers others.

What you are asking for here Radio is essentially people to be injected, (potentially) against their own free will. People know there is a 98% survival rate for this thing (if you even know you get it).

The North Koreans wouldn't even do that to their own people. I understand your passion on this subject but you are asking for Orwell's Dystopian nightmare here and something that simply must not be allowed to happen.

Chill the jets GAAGAA, I'm simply stating that it will be very hard to police and as has been stated the notion of compulsory vaccination is a no go in a modern civil society. Travel restrictions may be the easiest way to get people to get it. Airlines and ferry companies can out in place whatever restrictions they wish as they are private companies. If people can't travel they will quickly vaccinate.

It made eye catching reading, but surely if there is a vaccination programme rolled out for the entire population a register would have to be kept anyhow?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/12/29/europe/spain-vaccine-covid-registry-intl/index.html

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: grounded on December 29, 2020, 05:39:04 PM

It made eye catching reading, but surely if there is a vaccination programme rolled out for the entire population a register would have to be kept anyhow?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/12/29/europe/spain-vaccine-covid-registry-intl/index.html

A register like that would only be available for specific purposes unless they want to bypass all Data Protection laws that are in place.

armaghniac

Not only travel companies, but immigration authorities will simply require that people have a vaccine as they do for other diseases.
As for the pubic, there has been legislation and court cases regarding compulsory vaccination in the past, there is no new legal principle here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Quote from: Seaney on December 29, 2020, 05:31:02 PM
I am asking you for firm evidence it does. 15th December one care home staff and residents vaccinated, today 13 positive cases.
I never claimed to have such evidence

You claimed firmly that the vaccine will not stop or inhibit spread

Where is the evidence of this

It's your question to answer, not mine

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 29, 2020, 05:36:15 PMChill the jets GAAGAA, I'm simply stating that it will be very hard to police

The paperwork would be a bit of a nightmare.

But if the airport/harbour police were allowed to do a finger-p***k antibody test - there would be few places to hide.
i usse an speelchekor

grounded

Quote from: armaghniac on December 29, 2020, 06:12:07 PM

Not only travel companies, but immigration authorities will simply require that people have a vaccine as they do for other diseases.
As for the pubic, there has been legislation and court cases regarding compulsory vaccination in the past, there is no new legal principle here.

I'm not so sure about the travel end of things. I'd say it will be a based on a negative covid test rather than Vaccination. For a start certain people cant take the vaccination they would need a waiver. As someone else said it would be a nightmare to police.
             You are correct regarding compulsory vaccination to work in certain health care professions certainly within the NHS. The hepatitus B vaccine being a prime example.
            It does seem that the reluctance to get the Covid vaccine is reducing and anectodotally it seems that the introduction of the Astrazaneca-Oxford may help increase uptake.

JoG2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 28, 2020, 08:08:36 PM
JOG are you down to administrate vaccines? Well done if so
I would say the simple you can't travel to say Portugal Spain or Italy one and the uptake in younger people will go up to almost 90%
Not being able to go abroad unless you have the vaccine shoukd make sure uptake is good
Now I'm just reading reports and there should not be any issues with the vaccine
All over 80s that get vaccinated things will open up?
All over 65S and you would expect everywhere to open up ?

I'm not no Smurfy, not my field. Plenty are though which is brilliant to see.

Was told today by a buddy of a Boxing day shindig he was invited to (politely refused), crowd of school teachers and social workers. Just transpired one of them tested positive last night. Beyond entitled and daft. Folk cancel parents coming for Christmas Dinner, put everything on hold and you hear of these gatherings. Christ, would boil the blood

GetOverTheBar

One of the things really annoys me about Covid.

In the North we've had whatever deaths it is at min, 1,100 something....that's been presented as the end of days.

I don't mean to trivialise death, of couse. But bear with me.

Then in the below article, we see 600k have recieved the vaccination so far (UK/NI)- why can we not push the good news, the hope?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-55478675

Jeepers Creepers

Robin Swann saying today that the agegroup 20-39 now making up more tha 40% of positive cases in recent weeks.

marty34

Why is the south so slow at vaccinating people?

Does the 26 counties not have the resources?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 29, 2020, 09:20:46 PM
Robin Swann saying today that the agegroup 20-39 now making up more tha 40% of positive cases in recent weeks.

I was reading that the number of 80+ year olds over the last number of weeks has really dropped. In a way it is probably good a higher percentage coming from a lower age.