China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 28, 2020, 04:57:00 PM
What would have been the way out if no vaccine was available for the foreseeable future?
The way things are going is hardly sustainable
How many JOG are we anticipating that we can vaccine per week here in the north?
By the sounds of things the north have gotten off to a decent start. Although no figures since this day last week. Upto 30000 done already
Thank god there is. Otherwise we would be looked at extended period of lockdown and reopening. We had no alternatives. The quicker the vaccine can be rolled out the better.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 28, 2020, 05:47:31 PM
What would have been the way out if no vaccine was available for the foreseeable future?
How many JOG are we anticipating that we can vaccine per week here in the north?
By the sounds of things the north have gotten off to a decent start. Although no figures since this day last week. Upto 30000 done already
Thank god there is. Otherwise we would be looked at extended period of lockdown and reopening. We had no alternatives. The quicker the vaccine can be rolled out the better.

Will only work if people take the vaccine when it's available to them...

Cue......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I have heard of nhs ones not taking it. I don't know how many but didn't seem a small amount. I've a friend who was in an area where he wasn't eligible (though by the sound of it should have been) but is now able to get it s there isn't as high demand as they envisaged. No idea on numbers and saw something on Twitter but it seemed fairly agenda driven so didn't red it.

Smurfy123

I haven't heard of anyone over the age of 70 say they wouldn't take it
I have heard a few younger ones (30-50) saying no they won't take it
What if you have to show you have taken the vaccine to get on say a holiday?
I'm like true blue the quicker it is rolled out the better
With approximately 89% of all hospitalised people over 65 it would be hard not to lift all restrictions then. And even when all care homes and over 80s done it will be hard not to lift a lot of restrictions.
Pubs and restaurants will be last

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 28, 2020, 06:05:11 PM
I have heard of nhs ones not taking it. I don't know how many but didn't seem a small amount. I've a friend who was in an area where he wasn't eligible (though by the sound of it should have been) but is now able to get it s there isn't as high demand as they envisaged. No idea on numbers and saw something on Twitter but it seemed fairly agenda driven so didn't red it.

A friend of mind who's head nurse in one of the hospitals didn't take it, didn't want to feel unwell over Xmas!

Is there sickness side effects to deal with at the start like the flu jab can have?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 28, 2020, 06:44:46 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 28, 2020, 06:05:11 PM

A friend of mind who's head nurse in one of the hospitals didn't take it, didn't want to feel unwell over Xmas!

Is there sickness side effects to deal with at the start like the flu jab can have?

High temperature for a day or two from what I heard. It'll only take Spain or Portugal to say noones getting in without proof of having one. Then there'll be a Q to the moon.

marty34

Why is the vaccine in the 26 counties not being rolled out a lot quicker?

Is it just me or does it seem slow enough?

JoG2

I honestly don't know numbers wise Smurfy. A first email went around weeks ago asking for volunteers (qualified professionals) to vaccinate folk. I believe there was a a really good uptake. We'll probably know in the next week or so. We also haven't got our confirmed date yet but hearing between the 4th Jan and mid Jan. I can almost taste Benidorm men!

BennyCake

More will get the vaccine once they state that you'll not be able to go abroad on holiday unless you've had the vaccine. They'll also introduce things like you can't stay in hotels, work in certain jobs or maybe even send your kids to school unless vaccinated.

They won't make the vaccine compulsory, but their rules will make it very difficult for you to have any sort of normal life (assuming we go back to normal life), so you'll more or less have to get it in the end.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on December 28, 2020, 07:37:25 PM
More will get the vaccine once they state that you'll not be able to go abroad on holiday unless you've had the vaccine. They'll also introduce things like you can't stay in hotels, work in certain jobs or maybe even send your kids to school unless vaccinated.

They won't make the vaccine compulsory, but their rules will make it very difficult for you to have any sort of normal life (assuming we go back to normal life).

There will be some who'll go against it, claiming discrimination

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 28, 2020, 07:38:49 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 28, 2020, 07:37:25 PM

They won't make the vaccine compulsory, but their rules will make it very difficult for you to have any sort of normal life (assuming we go back to normal life).

There will be some who'll go against it, claiming discrimination

Maybe, but get the vaccine or you can't work as a teacher/doctor/fitness instructor/factory worker or go to school/university etc...

What choice is there, if those are the options?

Smurfy123

JOG are you down to administrate vaccines? Well done if so
I would say the simple you can't travel to say Portugal Spain or Italy one and the uptake in younger people will go up to almost 90%
Not being able to go abroad unless you have the vaccine shoukd make sure uptake is good
Now I'm just reading reports and there should not be any issues with the vaccine
All over 80s that get vaccinated things will open up?
All over 65S and you would expect everywhere to open up ?

imtommygunn

I think there are a few stings in this yet before vaccines come into play. London currently in a very bad position with it. Normally we would be a bit behind there but hopefully lockdowns will mitigate that. Hopefully.

BennyCake

I wonder would a big freeze like in late 2010 have a significant impact in cases. With people not able to get out and about (or less likely to want to) with the roads dangerous , schools cancelled etc...

Smurfy123

Agree I do think the worst is yet to come
I think the first 3 weeks of January is where we will see the highest number of cases and deaths unfortunately
The Christmas gatherings and parties will show in next few days