Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 03:26:23 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 21, 2020, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2020, 10:50:43 AM
Quote from: Franko on December 21, 2020, 09:49:21 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2020, 08:00:58 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 20, 2020, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 20, 2020, 07:35:49 PM
What's the big meeting about tonight?

If you ask me, I think they're gonna make the easing of restrictions one day now instead of the 5 days.
4 of the parties will want to stop flights from England immediately, same as down south. We all know which party will object. Expect a petition of concern.

Could be a long night.

Stopping flights ferry's should have been done from the start..

Containing it on an island would have enabled everyone to get back to work and a thriving economy.

Nah, sure why would you do that? If given the same problem in 5 years (god forbid) the same Cnuts would do the same thing

I'm fairly sure you were against tight restrictions early on?

My first real contribution on it March the 3rd:

Seems like a lot of people in the media are very worried about their sick friends/family

Use common sense, if you've a sick member of your family who fits the description of people who are more likely to get the worst from this flu like virus  ;) (like my dad) then take the proper precautions, ensure they are self isolating or being looked after by someone who's taking the right precautions!

Other than that there isn't much you can do, heaven forbid it happen to a loved one but the panic stuff going on is nuts. You can only deal with it if it happens, before that just be sensible

At the start (around the early March) I said the governments wouldn't close down the ports or airports, and we should be using common sense. None other that Radiogaga was calling for complete lockdown, New Zealand style..

I was wrong to assume that at the time, changing my views on it very soon after this escalated in April and beyond. Better to change your mind that dig your heels in ;)

In fairness there were plenty of people who were in the same boat as you - who didn't take it seriously enough at exactly the time when firm action was necessary

"closing airports is just nuts" was a common theme.

The thing is, if that had been done, we possibly wouldn't be here now

But you can guarantee that the people who had said it was nuts to go in hard early on this would be the same people now on blowing about how the reaction was OTT

RadioGAA's predictions have been proven right time and time again on this one

Which is unfortunate - because his predictions were dire!

Closing travel routes was a necessity back then.

As a small island on the west Europe, nobody was in as good a position to contain this as Ireland was.

How many people flew home from Spain in the months of March and April when the virus was like wildfire over there?

In a nutshell but when you have the self entitled like those on this board with the Milhouse feck you as lond as I am ok attitude, no one was ever controlling this. As long as he got a nice tan eh!

Entitled?
You're the one refusing to take the vaccine for at least ten years, putting others around at risk! You muppet

After trying to understand your post it gave me a sore head!

Quote where I said that - the title of the would you take a vaccine was would you take it in 2021 - you said no, you selfish individual!

Seaney

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2020, 05:48:42 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 21, 2020, 04:56:59 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 03:26:23 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 21, 2020, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2020, 10:50:43 AM
Quote from: Franko on December 21, 2020, 09:49:21 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2020, 08:00:58 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 20, 2020, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 20, 2020, 07:35:49 PM
What's the big meeting about tonight?

If you ask me, I think they're gonna make the easing of restrictions one day now instead of the 5 days.
4 of the parties will want to stop flights from England immediately, same as down south. We all know which party will object. Expect a petition of concern.

Could be a long night.

Stopping flights ferry's should have been done from the start..

Containing it on an island would have enabled everyone to get back to work and a thriving economy.

Nah, sure why would you do that? If given the same problem in 5 years (god forbid) the same Cnuts would do the same thing

I'm fairly sure you were against tight restrictions early on?

My first real contribution on it March the 3rd:

Seems like a lot of people in the media are very worried about their sick friends/family

Use common sense, if you've a sick member of your family who fits the description of people who are more likely to get the worst from this flu like virus  ;) (like my dad) then take the proper precautions, ensure they are self isolating or being looked after by someone who's taking the right precautions!

Other than that there isn't much you can do, heaven forbid it happen to a loved one but the panic stuff going on is nuts. You can only deal with it if it happens, before that just be sensible

At the start (around the early March) I said the governments wouldn't close down the ports or airports, and we should be using common sense. None other that Radiogaga was calling for complete lockdown, New Zealand style..

I was wrong to assume that at the time, changing my views on it very soon after this escalated in April and beyond. Better to change your mind that dig your heels in ;)

In fairness there were plenty of people who were in the same boat as you - who didn't take it seriously enough at exactly the time when firm action was necessary

"closing airports is just nuts" was a common theme.

The thing is, if that had been done, we possibly wouldn't be here now

But you can guarantee that the people who had said it was nuts to go in hard early on this would be the same people now on blowing about how the reaction was OTT

RadioGAA's predictions have been proven right time and time again on this one

Which is unfortunate - because his predictions were dire!

Closing travel routes was a necessity back then.

As a small island on the west Europe, nobody was in as good a position to contain this as Ireland was.

How many people flew home from Spain in the months of March and April when the virus was like wildfire over there?

In a nutshell but when you have the self entitled like those on this board with the Milhouse feck you as lond as I am ok attitude, no one was ever controlling this. As long as he got a nice tan eh!

Bullying is not cool Seany.

Nor personal abuse but if the truth is construed as bullying, sobeit. 

bennydorano

Quote from: dublin7 on December 22, 2020, 09:21:45 AM
I see the DUP and UUP rejected the motion to implement a travel ban from the UK to NI. A depressing, but not surprising decision. I can understand the theory that that are part of the UK,  but if Scotland and Wales can bring in a travel ban for people travelling from the England so could Stormont.

Only reason I can figure why is they are worried people will use this as a way to push for a united Ireland
Travel ban chat aside, it would be an absolute miracle if this virus strain is not already here N&S, that horse has bolted.

thebigfella

Quote from: dublin7 on December 22, 2020, 09:21:45 AM
I see the DUP and UUP rejected the motion to implement a travel ban from the UK to NI. A depressing, but not surprising decision. I can understand the theory that that are part of the UK,  but if Scotland and Wales can bring in a travel ban for people travelling from the England so could Stormont.

Only reason I can figure why is they are worried people will use this as a way to push for a united Ireland

To be honest once they delayed acting the with the rest of the UK/Ireland/European countries, it's a waste of time. The horse has already bolted on this one.

The right thing would have been to block all travel first and then assess whether it was the right thing plus the ramifications over the next day or so; but alas the need to coat tail their London masters surpasses the need to do the right thing.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on December 22, 2020, 09:41:12 AM
Whereas the lockdown open up lockdown has worked amazingly!

Good point Seaney

You semi-literate fool

trailer

Travel ban to NI is a tricky one. It's not about just stopping cars driving, it's flights and ferries. There will be costs involved. Who pays those costs? Because I can tell you now it won't be Stena Line or Easyjet. I understand why people see it the perfect solution. In reality it isn't. What might be more helpful is to enforce the 10 days quarantine if you return from a tier 3 or 4 area. And as they are doing, asking people not to travel.

FermGael

Imagine the situation was reversed.
There is a strain of Covid that is 70 % more contagious found in N.I.
Would GB have the border open ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on December 22, 2020, 09:56:44 AM
Travel ban to NI is a tricky one. It's not about just stopping cars driving, it's flights and ferries. There will be costs involved. Who pays those costs? Because I can tell you now it won't be Stena Line or Easyjet. I understand why people see it the perfect solution. In reality it isn't. What might be more helpful is to enforce the 10 days quarantine if you return from a tier 3 or 4 area. And as they are doing, asking people not to travel.
The perfect solution is an island-wide approach which should have been adapted from the outset. Of course there is cost, but do you prioritise the economy (as as has seemingly been the approach thus far) or do you bite the bullet and take the hit which will relieve stress on the hospitals and more than likely be more beneficial in the long run? I couldn't give a rats ass about easyJet and with any luck they go under.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: FermGael on December 22, 2020, 12:03:56 PM

We'd have been carpet bombed.

RedHand88

Quote from: FermGael on December 22, 2020, 12:03:56 PM

Brandon Lewis would be breaking into the news announcing an immediate border poll, with all government resources going into the Yes campaign.

laoislad

So just been announced back into Level 5 lockdown from the 26th  :-\
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Angelo

Likelihood is that the strain is well and truly on the island at present so it's like closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

Do we stay locked down now until we have the elderly, healthcare workers and vulnerable vaccinated?

Over 65s account for over 90% of deaths. Surely after this demograph has been vaccinated we can get back to normal?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on December 22, 2020, 02:11:03 PM
Likelihood is that the strain is well and truly on the island at present so it's like closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

Do we stay locked down now until we have the elderly, healthcare workers and vulnerable vaccinated?

Over 65s account for over 90% of deaths. Surely after this demograph has been vaccinated we can get back to normal?

Unless you are under 65 and have underlying health conditions..

Sure as long as we all follow the guidelines like you have been doing we can just carry on for ten years until we know the big pharmaceutical companies haven't tried to put micro chips in us
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2020, 02:43:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 22, 2020, 02:11:03 PM

Unless you are under 65 and have underlying health conditions..

Sure as long as we all follow the guidelines like you have been doing we can just carry on for ten years until we know the big pharmaceutical companies haven't tried to put micro chips in us

Over 65s account for over 90% of deaths.

People with underlying health conditions regardless of age are on of the priority groups for vaccinations. The vulnerable people under 65 are not a huge section of the population so should not take long to get the vaccination.

Anyone who wants to get the vaccine can, I'm not telling them not to. That's your choice, I'll just make decisions regarding my own personal health.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on December 22, 2020, 03:15:04 PM
Anyone who wants to get the vaccine can, I'm not telling them not to. That's your choice, I'll just make decisions regarding my own personal health.

You do not have the right to make decision about our health by continuing to spread a disease.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B