China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Should the governments of Ireland not spend a day and  test a few random secondary schools all over the island and get a read on this ? might be more valuable than guessing .

imtommygunn

I see Dorman's in magherafelt have been naughty. Seem to have been shut as the queuing for what seemed to be their "late night restaurant " was getting out of control.

This British government has to be one of the worst in history. So there is a new strain in the uk. Surely that is most likely elsewhere too? I constantly wonder how much stuff they peddle to take the bad look of brexit.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 21, 2020, 02:22:47 PM
I see Dorman's in magherafelt have been naughty. Seem to have been shut as the queuing for what seemed to be their "late night restaurant " was getting out of control.

This British government has to be one of the worst in history. So there is a new strain in the uk. Surely that is most likely elsewhere too? I constantly wonder how much stuff they peddle to take the bad look of brexit.

Its fair to say Boris needs a result from somewhere, soon. I know we have an issue here with compliance or the likes. But can you imagine if you were British? They've had the year from hell over there. This new 70% more infectious mutation seems a bit....convenient shall we say.

imtommygunn

It appears some of the media have morphed it from 70% more contagious to 70 times more contagious..

GetOverTheBar

Yeah well you know the craic yourself, bad news sells.

I see we have vaccinated, or the first initial jab into 14,000 here. Over 10 times our death rate. I would have thought that to be something to celebrate but not a mention.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 21, 2020, 02:33:14 PM
It appears some of the media have morphed it from 70% more contagious to 70 times more contagious..

Lol, class

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2020, 10:50:43 AM
Quote from: Franko on December 21, 2020, 09:49:21 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2020, 08:00:58 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 20, 2020, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 20, 2020, 07:35:49 PM
What's the big meeting about tonight?

If you ask me, I think they're gonna make the easing of restrictions one day now instead of the 5 days.
4 of the parties will want to stop flights from England immediately, same as down south. We all know which party will object. Expect a petition of concern.

Could be a long night.

Stopping flights ferry's should have been done from the start..

Containing it on an island would have enabled everyone to get back to work and a thriving economy.

Nah, sure why would you do that? If given the same problem in 5 years (god forbid) the same Cnuts would do the same thing

I'm fairly sure you were against tight restrictions early on?

My first real contribution on it March the 3rd:

Seems like a lot of people in the media are very worried about their sick friends/family

Use common sense, if you've a sick member of your family who fits the description of people who are more likely to get the worst from this flu like virus  ;) (like my dad) then take the proper precautions, ensure they are self isolating or being looked after by someone who's taking the right precautions!

Other than that there isn't much you can do, heaven forbid it happen to a loved one but the panic stuff going on is nuts. You can only deal with it if it happens, before that just be sensible

At the start (around the early March) I said the governments wouldn't close down the ports or airports, and we should be using common sense. None other that Radiogaga was calling for complete lockdown, New Zealand style..

I was wrong to assume that at the time, changing my views on it very soon after this escalated in April and beyond. Better to change your mind that dig your heels in ;)

In fairness there were plenty of people who were in the same boat as you - who didn't take it seriously enough at exactly the time when firm action was necessary

"closing airports is just nuts" was a common theme.

The thing is, if that had been done, we possibly wouldn't be here now

But you can guarantee that the people who had said it was nuts to go in hard early on this would be the same people now on blowing about how the reaction was OTT

RadioGAA's predictions have been proven right time and time again on this one

Which is unfortunate - because his predictions were dire!

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on December 21, 2020, 03:22:16 PM

If you ask me, I think they're gonna make the easing of restrictions one day now instead of the 5 days.
4 of the parties will want to stop flights from England immediately, same as down south. We all know which party will object. Expect a petition of concern.

Could be a long night.

Containing it on an island would have enabled everyone to get back to work and a thriving economy.

Nah, sure why would you do that? If given the same problem in 5 years (god forbid) the same Cnuts would do the same thing

Seems like a lot of people in the media are very worried about their sick friends/family

Use common sense, if you've a sick member of your family who fits the description of people who are more likely to get the worst from this flu like virus  ;) (like my dad) then take the proper precautions, ensure they are self isolating or being looked after by someone who's taking the right precautions!

Other than that there isn't much you can do, heaven forbid it happen to a loved one but the panic stuff going on is nuts. You can only deal with it if it happens, before that just be sensible

At the start (around the early March) I said the governments wouldn't close down the ports or airports, and we should be using common sense. None other that Radiogaga was calling for complete lockdown, New Zealand style..

I was wrong to assume that at the time, changing my views on it very soon after this escalated in April and beyond. Better to change your mind that dig your heels in ;)

In fairness there were plenty of people who were in the same boat as you - who didn't take it seriously enough at exactly the time when firm action was necessary

But you can guarantee that the people who had said it was nuts to go in hard early on this would be the same people now on blowing about how the reaction was OTT

Closing travel routes was a necessity back then.

As a small island on the west Europe, nobody was in as good a position to contain this as Ireland was.

How many people flew home from Spain in the months of March and April when the virus was like wildfire over there?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

joemamas

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 21, 2020, 02:38:42 PM
Yeah well you know the craic yourself, bad news sells.

I see we have vaccinated, or the first initial jab into 14,000 here. Over 10 times our death rate. I would have thought that to be something to celebrate but not a mention.

Totally agree.

I stopped going to the RTE website, nothing but depressing bad news.
IMO,they also seem to be very intent on giving our very senior politicians a pass on almost everything.

As an aside, the sooner Irish people put this daft bitter history of FF/FG politics behind them and fund and support a rural Ireland party, the better.
I wonder if things would have been so much better if counties such as Mayo, Sligo, Donegal,Roscommon, Leitrim, etc, had a unified voice that had a meaningful say in Irish politics for the last two decades or so.
I find it hard to believe that it would not be a lot more equitable, and that we would still not see our best and brightest still heading to Dublin for work and in most cases living there for the rest of their lives.

Seaney

Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 03:26:23 PM

Could be a long night.

As a small island on the west Europe, nobody was in as good a position to contain this as Ireland was.

How many people flew home from Spain in the months of March and April when the virus was like wildfire over there?

In a nutshell but when you have the self entitled like those on this board with the Milhouse feck you as lond as I am ok attitude, no one was ever controlling this. As long as he got a nice tan eh!

JoG2

Quote from: Seaney on December 21, 2020, 04:56:59 PM

Could be a long night.

In a nutshell but when you have the self entitled like those on this board with the Milhouse feck you as lond as I am ok attitude, no one was ever controlling this. As long as he got a nice tan eh!

Bullying is not cool Seany.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on December 21, 2020, 04:56:59 PM

Could be a long night.

Entitled?
You're the one refusing to take the vaccine for at least ten years, putting others around at risk! You muppet

After trying to understand your post it gave me a sore head!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

I see the DUP and UUP rejected the motion to implement a travel ban from the UK to NI. A depressing, but not surprising decision. I can understand the theory that that are part of the UK,  but if Scotland and Wales can bring in a travel ban for people travelling from the England so could Stormont.

Only reason I can figure why is they are worried people will use this as a way to push for a united Ireland

Seaney

Whereas the lockdown open up lockdown has worked amazingly!