China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2020, 08:58:52 PM
This lockdown will not bring numbers down unless schools are closed, or rules are enforced!

Nobody in big numbers it seems has followed the rules in the north, what will change?

Weekly numbers in the 26 counties came down from 1175 per day weekly average to 254 with schools open in early December. Not sure what's going on the 6 counties but even with more restrictions the same compliance doesn't seem to be there.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ONeill

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 17, 2020, 09:24:33 PM
This lockdown will not bring numbers down unless schools are closed, or rules are enforced!

Nobody in big numbers it seems has followed the rules in the north, what will change?

Weekly numbers in the 26 counties came down from 1175 per day weekly average to 254 with schools open in early December. Not sure what's going on the 6 counties but even with more restrictions the same compliance doesn't seem to be there.

That's an interesting study...the mindset of the 26er v the 6er.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 17, 2020, 08:41:34 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on December 17, 2020, 07:39:38 PM
New rules and restrictions coming into effect for the Christmas period in the south. This is an example of the government going back on its word. We were told the last lockdown was to allow us to be able to celebrate Christmas. We knew covid figures were going to rise after the lockdown ended. Have another lockdown after Christmas but allow us to enjoy Christmas as we were promised.

Is it the government's fault that a huge swathe of the population didn't follow the lockdown?
Partly

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yeah seen that ,interesting stat

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 17, 2020, 09:47:27 PM

So if the numbers continue while everything is closed can we then look at why things are not being dropped or enforced?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2020, 09:56:38 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 17, 2020, 09:47:27 PM

So if the numbers continue while everything is closed can we then look at why things are not being dropped or enforced?

We could and should . Personally I never seen the schools as big spreader, as I've said before i was in eye of the storm here in Derry knowing a very large number of people who got it including myself and 2 relatives. I heard virtually nobody cite schools as a source of their infection here although no doubt it probably did occur in small numbers. I think schools staying open by far outweigh benefits of closing them. Just my personal opinion , and oddly enough my children's too.

JimStynes

I think everyone wants to keep the schools open. It's best for the children and of course everyone's sanity. But over the past while I've heard nothing but reports of positive cases in many schools. Some schools having to close because of outbreaks or because so many of the staff have tested positive. I think on this occasion it is best to close the schools for a month anyway. Move the February midterm forward and they'll only miss maybe 2 and a bit weeks of school.

Jeepers Creepers

No travel restrictions either?? Is that to allow all the politicians to go to their holiday homes for New Years?

FermGael

They are not going to call schools until early next week.
You could not make this up......
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

If kids don't get symptoms they won't get tested and schools are not getting looked at.

But if mum or dad or friends or work colleagues of these are getting it then it's very likely it will lift the numbers.

My wife is adamant that that schools don't drive this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2020, 10:47:28 PM
If kids don't get symptoms they won't get tested and schools are not getting looked at.

But if mum or dad or friends or work colleagues of these are getting it then it's very likely it will lift the numbers.

There is no evidence they do, no matter what anecdotal evidence there is. Of course if there is high community transmission it will also be in schools

Those squealing about the schools usually have a vested interest 
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 17, 2020, 11:01:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2020, 10:47:28 PM

There is no evidence they do, no matter what anecdotal evidence there is. Of course if there is high community transmission it will also be in schools

Those squealing about the schools usually have a vested interest

My wife is a school teacher and would be happy to be closed but feels schools are not the areas where it's happening. So vested interest?

GetOverTheBar

Mikhail Prokhorov

the sick counties don't have to follow any rules, does everyone not know they are superior  ;)

an absolute sh*tshow since march

a lockdown with no travel restrictions and multiple trips per day to the shop is pointless imo  ::)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 17, 2020, 11:26:38 PM
Please, let's stop the pretence here. Let's call it what it is.

https://twitter.com/AlastairDonaghy/status/1339586460467355649?s=20

Who is he?

Anyhow there has been 50k plus cases here, so agsin you can see logic in keeping schools open with those numbers even if they are accurate