China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: 6th sam on December 04, 2020, 04:53:22 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on December 04, 2020, 04:08:41 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 04, 2020, 04:05:53 PM
Economy aside. I still don't understand why people would want to sit in a confined space bar or restaurant umasked with a crowd for a prolonged period during a pandemic.

+1

"Mental health" or something probably

Everyone can understand concerns re bars/restaurants but there are many facets to this argument. Dismissing "mental health" as a concern and/or trivialising it, makes no sense

Common theme with regards to Covid. If it doesn't affect me. Close it.

Yet they wonder why students (who it doesn't affect largely), don't "buy in".

Rossfan

Probably being young, indestructible and immature might have something to do with it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RadioGAAGAA

Economy aside. I still don't understand why people would want to sit in a confined space bar or restaurant umasked with a crowd for a prolonged period during a pandemic.

+1

Everyone can understand concerns re bars/restaurants but there are many facets to this argument. Dismissing "mental health" as a concern and/or trivialising it, makes no sense

I think the big problem is charlatans in business representative bodies citing mental health as the main reason to not lock down when it is clearly of no importance to them and a convenient excuse.

It does people with real mental health problems absolutely no good whatsoever to have pricks use the issue for their own ends with scant regards for those that will feel the long term fallout.

Saffrongael's comments may not have been meant to disregard the issue - but you can be damn sure there are more than a few people elsewhere that'll roll their eyes when people mention mental health as a result of whats gone on.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: thewobbler on December 04, 2020, 10:12:05 AM
Churches in the north can reopen and will be judged individually in terms of capacity.

another stupid mistake to add to the long list of stupid mistakes the executive have made.

But two (or two thousand) wrongs don't make a right.

Churches should clearly be closed.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2020, 05:25:48 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 04, 2020, 04:42:29 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55192562

Lovely.
Ssshh.

Did the professors on here not tell Methody kids can't get it or spread it?

[Seriously though - secondary schools should have transitioned to online learning in the first lockdown and stayed that way. Peter Weir and his department are pathetically stupid and useless.]
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 04, 2020, 05:29:29 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2020, 05:25:48 PM

Lovely.
Ssshh.

Did the professors on here not tell Methody kids can't get it or spread it?

[Seriously though - secondary schools should have transitioned to online learning in the first lockdown and stayed that way. Peter Weir and his department are pathetically stupid and useless.]

Schools should have been locked down with the rest.

Ridiculous decision. They must have thought they were going to get away with it ri Xmas.

Watch that story vanish in next few hours.

sid waddell

+1

Pandemics pay no heed to mental health

imtommygunn

It has quite clearly been rife in schools is the thing but it just seems unspoken.

five points

All the schools in Cavan are open but the Covid rates here have been falling like a stone for weeks.

bennydorano

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2020, 05:58:49 PM
It has quite clearly been rife in schools is the thing but it just seems unspoken.
The elephant in the room that is rarely discussed in a meaningful way. A bit of Omerta in operation from what i can gather from discussions with my older kids.  What will the history books say?

Rossfan

What sort of schools have ye in the North at all?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

You can reduce Covid without closing schools in 26 of the 32 counties, no reason that you cannot do so in the other 6 as well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Wonder if schools have different guidelines in south?

Anyone sneezes here and we're emptying classes.*

*exaggerated
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: michaelg on December 04, 2020, 07:22:00 PM

Lovely.
What you mean by that comment?

Not what you think I meant anyway, I can assure you.

It was in reference to my previous yapping about how schools should have been closed when everything else was closed for the 2 weeks here in the North. Absolutely nothing else.