China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: LCohen on October 15, 2020, 09:48:17 AM

I don't think there is any adult or adolescent who does not know that the flu can be fatal.

Meanwhile it was yourself who left us with this zinger of a comment.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/parents-dont-take-flu-seriously
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

armaghniac

15 further Coronavirus deaths in Northern Ireland, 11 occurring during past 24 hours. Also 548 new cases from tests on 2,892 individual

Good to see that everyone realises that there is a problem
https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/1111/1177574-coronavirus-northern-ireland-belfast-party/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 04:43:41 PM
Quote from: LCohen on October 15, 2020, 09:48:17 AM

I don't think there is any adult or adolescent who does not know that the flu can be fatal.

Meanwhile it was yourself who left us with this zinger of a comment.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/parents-dont-take-flu-seriously

I probably should have footnoted my comment to allow for some stupid Americans.

Anyway since you are adept at trawling back for a quote trawl for the one where you answered the specific questions I set out for you (twice).

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on November 12, 2020, 04:53:17 PM
15 further Coronavirus deaths in Northern Ireland, 11 occurring during past 24 hours. Also 548 new cases from tests on 2,892 individual

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/1111/1177574-coronavirus-northern-ireland-belfast-party/

It's only going to get worse and worse until it crumbles from here.

LCohen

Pretty brainless stuff. What is it that they don't understand?

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 12, 2020, 04:59:24 PM

Why should it worse? You can't relax the restrictions until you have reduced the virus, Covid isn't interested in whether you are tired of it or not.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on November 12, 2020, 05:15:57 PM

Why should it worse? You can't relax the restrictions until you have reduced the virus, Covid isn't interested in whether you are tired of it or not.

People are sick of it. Sick of the politicians in the North and South. Pretty much everyone socially and in work I talk to now is along the lines of "lets get on with it".

I'm not saying I agree with it, it's not my view. But I can definitely sense over the last 4 weeks especially the good will has gone for whatever reasons.

The bars and hotels in the North "making the decision for the Government" is probably the start of it, if the North doesn't act in the next 24 hours this weekend will be a shambles.

Ed Ricketts

Mental that there's even a discussion about loosening restrictions with the current numbers in the north.

More than half the hospitals are currently operating above capacity.
ICU bed occupancy has only begun to plateau after going up steadily for two months.
The fall in case numbers has stalled at 500-600 a day.
And death numbers are as high as all but the worst week in April - and that's with everything we've learned since then.

What do the DUP and the fed up with COVID gang see happening if more stuff opens?

It clearly follows that numbers just get worse - both directly through increased contacts, and indirectly through the message it sends to the public that things must be under control.

We're six weeks out from Christmas - a period of time where it's going to be difficult to get anyone to keep their guard up - surely more has to be done to get a better handle on things before then?
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 12, 2020, 05:21:34 PM

People are sick of it. Sick of the politicians in the North and South. Pretty much everyone socially and in work I talk to now is along the lines of "lets get on with it".

I'm not saying I agree with it, it's not my view. But I can definitely sense over the last 4 weeks especially the good will has gone for whatever reasons.

The bars and hotels in the North "making the decision for the Government" is probably the start of it, if the North doesn't act in the next 24 hours this weekend will be a shambles.

The government have acted - restrictions lasting for another week - although I think some sectors can open after that

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 12, 2020, 05:21:34 PM

I have to admit this is mostly what I am hearing, and a lot of people asking for re-opening and saying things like "im not a DUP supporter but...". I think the fact that here in Derry the hospitality people still have not got their payments from our earlier shutdown is playing into this,
Really the 3 years of crippling inactivity on the hill was never going to end good and has made a very bad situation a lot worse

Rossfan

395 cases in the 26 today. R thingy down to 0.6.
549 cases in the 6 (equivalent c.1300).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 04:40:32 PM
You're not the brightest. I was dubious to it being true, I saw it mentioned and equired to such.

You have asked me what I would do countless times and you've either donated your brain some time ago or you can't read. I have addressed that question on numerous occasions clearly and concisely on what I'd do. What part of it did you not understand?

I can't identify the bit I don't understand because I can't find your answer.

I set out the questions 2 weeks ago. You have not answered them. I'm calling you a fraud and a liar

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on November 12, 2020, 06:42:43 PM
395 cases in the 26 today. R thingy down to 0.6.
549 cases in the 6 (equivalent c.1300).

more like c1400, i.e. about as bad as the worst day in 26.
549 is about bang on the 6 county average for the last 7 days, things are not improving much now. In a couple of weeks the 6 counties will have 5 or 6 times the rate of the 26.

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on November 12, 2020, 05:45:55 PM
We're six weeks out from Christmas - a period of time where it's going to be difficult to get anyone to keep their guard up - surely more has to be done to get a better handle on things before then?

In the south the government have a fairly clear strategy, there will be some slippage over Christmas but they can live with this if they get the rate down in the meantime, and they are on course to do this. Not much evidence of a strategy from Stormont.

seafoid

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterdonaghy/status/1326932318049742848

Northern Ireland is now higher than Wales again for weekly COVID-19 cases per capita, and nearly 4 times higher than the Republic.

downjim

why are Armaghs number so high today??