China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 02:20:24 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 12, 2020, 12:58:50 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 12, 2020, 12:44:12 PM
Stormont now saying regulations don't expire to midnight tomorrow night so bars can't open tomorrow regardless. It's getting worse by the hour.

Absolute farce. So they didn't actually know when their own regulations ended it appears?

It appears the regulations didnt  come into place until Friday at midnight by the time everything got finalised due to the ineptitude on the hill.
Even though everywhere shut the Thursday (at the behest of government) it didnt officially start on the Friday night.

A bunch of clusterfucks from top to bottom

Aye Chris Hazzard SF didnt know on Radio Ulster was it Thurs or Fri. Anyhow it was originally 4 weeks and the pressure is now coming from businesses across the political divide to stick to that. Ignore social media, i've never seen as many nationalists backing  the DUP on anything before until now. Its is not a sectarian vote at all, its about differing views on the crisis within the  economy. Personally im for another 2 weeks

Angelo

Whatever about the issue at hand, it is absolutely mental that 33% of the Executive can overrule 67%.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 02:29:00 PM
Quote from: mackers on November 12, 2020, 02:20:53 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 12, 2020, 02:14:20 PM
Clever or Sinister....use of politics by the DUP.
Was listening to the news on Today FM there and that fool Fitzpatrick from Louth was on looking the military to guard the border to stop cross-border travel.  Another win for the DUP.  There is a golf course close to where I live that is full of southern reg cars as they can't get a game in the South.  No word of that.

Or any word of the border towns in the North full of southern reg cars.

w**ker.

Just playing right into their hands

If they re-open the shops next week wait for the influx from the south over the next two weeks

Angelo

I've seen a lot of mentionings on Twitter the last few days of suicides being up 200% during lockdown.

First of all it is important to see if that can be backed up.

If it can be backed up, at what cost have lockdown restrictions came at. Is Covid tunnel vision doing more damage than good.

mackers

Quote from: dublin7 on November 12, 2020, 02:38:43 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 02:29:00 PM
Quote from: mackers on November 12, 2020, 02:20:53 PM
Was listening to the news on Today FM there and that fool Fitzpatrick from Louth was on looking the military to guard the border to stop cross-border travel.  Another win for the DUP.  There is a golf course close to where I live that is full of southern reg cars as they can't get a game in the South.  No word of that.

Or any word of the border towns in the North full of southern reg cars.

w**ker.

Just playing right into their hands

If they re-open the shops next week wait for the influx from the south over the next two weeks
The shops are open here under current restrictions.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 02:41:17 PM
I've seen a lot of mentionings on Twitter the last few days of suicides being up 200% during lockdown.

If it can be backed up, at what cost have lockdown restrictions came at. Is Covid tunnel vision doing more damage than good.

Well you have DUP's backing. Are you doing anything to lobby the other parties?

LCohen

Quote from: general_lee on November 12, 2020, 02:19:34 PM

They aren't doing anything illegal, immoral is a very different story.

It's the Alliance get shafted in it all, their vote is essentially useless.
I've no sympathy for alliance. They refused to support an all-island approach and have consistently (along with SDLP) made out as if this is a SF/DUP squabble when in reality it is DUP alone vetoing an extension to the restrictions

Can you spell out why an all-island approach would have worked? Or even what it means? Would it involve RoI doing its thing and NI just following or would say for example the RoI government go against its own scientific advice in order to co-ordinate with NI? We can see what happen when ROI politicians did go against their scientific advice?

What about the economic packages? Would they have to be aligned north and south? How would that have worked?

Kidder81

It can't be backed up because it isn't true

LCohen

Is Covid tunnel vision doing more damage than good.

Perhaps if someone would point out an alternative we could make an assessment?

You would have to wonder why nobody has set out an alternative

LCohen

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 12, 2020, 04:08:52 PM

Im reeling

Kidder81

Kidder81

Quote from: LCohen on November 12, 2020, 04:15:25 PM

Im reeling

https://www.samaritans.org/news/samaritans-responds-ncish-new-suicide-figures-england/

LCohen

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 12, 2020, 04:18:12 PM

Im reeling

https://www.samaritans.org/news/samaritans-responds-ncish-new-suicide-figures-england/

Still reeling. There is no way Angelo got this wrong. He got his facts from twitter and everything

Angelo

Quote from: LCohen on November 12, 2020, 04:20:14 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on November 12, 2020, 04:18:12 PM

Im reeling

Still reeling. There is no way Angelo got this wrong. He got his facts from twitter and everything

You're not the brightest. I was dubious to it being true, I saw it mentioned and equired to such.

You have asked me what I would do countless times and you've either donated your brain some time ago or you can't read. I have addressed that question on numerous occasions clearly and concisely on what I'd do. What part of it did you not understand?