China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I know 13 have died in last 24 for Covid Antrim hospital at 114% in admissions.

To answer your question Every thing is affected, if we can reduce the numbers getting it then all those other areas can be fixed quicker, the hospitals can only take in so much.

Do you feel we should open up more?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

Quote from: Rossfan on October 27, 2020, 11:29:19 PM
https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/government-ready-for-any-request-to-transfer-patients-suffering-from-covid-19-in-the-north-to-the-republic-39675811.html

Shinners and DUP would rather see people die than let the free-staters dig them out of a hole. SF returning to the modus operandi that human life is expendable in pursuit of a political cause.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on October 27, 2020, 11:31:41 PM
https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/government-ready-for-any-request-to-transfer-patients-suffering-from-covid-19-in-the-north-to-the-republic-39675811.html

Shinners and DUP would rather see people die than let the free-staters dig them out of a hole. SF returning to the modus operandi that human life is expendable in pursuit of a political cause.

Have I missed something? Did they say they won't send them down?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2020, 11:39:59 PM

The Northern health service is already at capacity in many areas. In some circumstances ambulance services are refusing calls to attend to people. The South has managed to level off and reduce circulating infection. It doesn't even seem to leveling off in the North.

We passed the point were political inaction was costing lives some time ago.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

armaghniac

Quote from: trileacman on October 28, 2020, 12:03:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2020, 11:39:59 PM

The Northern health service is already at capacity in many areas. In some circumstances ambulance services are refusing calls to attend to people. The South has managed to level off and reduce circulating infection. It doesn't even seem to leveling off in the North.

We passed the point were political inaction was costing lives some time ago.

It is levelling off in the North, Derry and Belfast are down, and they have a lot of the population. Some other areas are up but others have levelled off. However, the North remains with about the same numbers of cases and so hospitalisations etc as the South, despite the population difference. The South has largely managed to keep the regular stuff going in this phase, the North hasn't.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2020, 10:37:44 PM

To answer your question Every thing is affected, if we can reduce the numbers getting it then all those other areas can be fixed quicker, the hospitals can only take in so much.

I feel covid shouldn't take priority over all other illnesses.  I also know the deaths attributed to covid are skewed.

Angelo

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1027/1174285-gardai-domestic-violence/

There has been an 18% increase in calls for help from domestic violence victims to gardaí over the last year as well as a 14% increase in detections for breaches of court orders.

Gardaí have announced a new phase of Operation Faoiseamh, which they say entails a renewed focus on the enforcement of court orders and the prosecution of offenders.

Operation Faoiseamh forms part of the force's community engagement response to Covid-19.

It began on 1 April with the goal of providing enhanced proactive support to victims of domestic abuse.

Divisional Protective Services Units have now been established in every Garda division.

The head of the National Bureau, Detective Chief Superintendent Declan Daly, has stressed that travel restrictions do not apply to victims of domestic violence or anyone helping them escape a risk of harm.

The launch of phase three of Operation Faoiseamh is a further drive to arrest and bring before the courts offenders who have breached domestic violence legislation and in particular court orders, according to gardaí.

Incidents of domestic violence and detections of the crime have increased since the operation was established.

Calls to gardaí are up 18% year on year, detections for breaches of court orders increased by 14% and 107 people are facing prosecution.

Gardaí also said they had made over 15,000 contacts with, or attempts to contact, victims of domestic abuse this year.

Det Chief Supt Daly said the operation is in place to ensure domestic violence victims feel safe and assured them that gardaí will respond "quickly and robustly" to their calls.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, he said this is a "real priority" for gardaí.

"This phase is about ensuring that people who have gone to the trouble of getting a court order - that they're enforced and that people are safe in their homes.

"We've arrested and prosecuted 107 people in relation to Operation Faoiseamh already throughout this pandemic and today we will start another phase of that where we will concentrate our efforts on those who have breached court orders in relation to domestic abuse."

Det Chief Supt Daly said one of the positive results of the operation is the "encouragement and reassurance that people get" from gardaí reaching out to them.

Meanwhile TV and radio adverts for the 'Still Here' campaign against domestic abuse recommence today.

Developed by the Department of Justice in collaboration with a number of frontline services, the adverts are a reminder that for many people in Ireland, their home is not a safe place, particularly at this time.

"For anyone living in an abusive relationship or in fear for their safety, going back to Level 5 must feel frightening and difficult," said Minister for Justice Helen McEntee.

"We know that home is not a safe place for all of us, and domestic violence increased during the initial lockdown we faced in the Covid-19 crisis.

"I want victims of domestic and sexual abuse to know that An Garda Síochána, the Courts Service and other services, including the vital supports provided by our community and voluntary sector, are still here for you as we now face more restrictions."

"If you are in this situation I want you to know we will react when you need us, we will protect you. I also want you to know that the 5km restriction on movement does not apply to you if you are seeking help."
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

johnnycool

Quote from: Angelo on October 27, 2020, 05:23:12 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 27, 2020, 05:14:51 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on October 27, 2020, 03:41:16 PM
Mid Ulster now has the highest COVID positive rate in the north

Derry City and Strabane and Newry and Mourne are down one third in a week. with Mid Ulster up to a 7 day rate of 536.9.
The improvement in Derry has to offer some hope for other places, if every place could drop one third in a week then the pressure would be eased substantially.

The Derry City and Strabane rates were hardly sustainable though. It was in 1 in 10 of confirmed positive cases per population over a 7/14 day period. If that sustained itself you'd have herd immunity in a couple of months.

Explain this herd immunity thing to me please.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on October 28, 2020, 08:56:11 AM

I feel covid shouldn't take priority over all other illnesses.  I also know the deaths attributed to covid are skewed.

All deaths? And what about the admissions to hospital? are they skewed as well? 

Angelo

Quote from: johnnycool on October 28, 2020, 08:59:57 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 27, 2020, 05:23:12 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 27, 2020, 05:14:51 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on October 27, 2020, 03:41:16 PM
Mid Ulster now has the highest COVID positive rate in the north

Derry City and Strabane and Newry and Mourne are down one third in a week. with Mid Ulster up to a 7 day rate of 536.9.
The improvement in Derry has to offer some hope for other places, if every place could drop one third in a week then the pressure would be eased substantially.

The Derry City and Strabane rates were hardly sustainable though. It was in 1 in 10 of confirmed positive cases per population over a 7/14 day period. If that sustained itself you'd have herd immunity in a couple of months.

Explain this herd immunity thing to me please.

Sometime last week or the week before, Derry-Strabane were getting over 1k cases per 100k population over a 7/14 day period.

If that sustained itself for a 2/3 month period, the whole of Derry/Strabane is infected. That sort of sustainment is not realistic so of course the rise was going to start to taper off.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2020, 09:03:17 AM

Covid deaths are overstated, that is undeniable.

To what degree we don't know yet, but 80-90%+ of deaths would look to have underlying health conditions.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on October 28, 2020, 09:05:24 AM

To what degree we don't know yet, but 80-90%+ of deaths would look to have underlying health conditions. 1910reggie553

What a callous attitude. Many people in their 50s, 60s and 70s have underlying health conditions but they could expect to live for another 10 years minimum with fairly good quality of life. It's not clear at all that Covid deaths are over calculated. Many people died in the first wave from Covid but didn't go to hospital and hence weren't tested. Also many people are dying after 28 days of being tested and hence aren't being counted.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on October 28, 2020, 09:16:25 AM

To what degree we don't know yet, but 80-90%+ of deaths would look to have underlying health conditions. 1910reggie553

What a callous attitude. Many people in their 50s, 60s and 70s have underlying health conditions but they could expect to live for another 10 years minimum with fairly good quality of life. It's not clear at all that Covid deaths are over calculated. Many people died in the first wave from Covid but didn't go to hospital and hence weren't tested. Also many people are dying after 28 days of being tested and hence aren't being counted.

As callous of you, there are plenty of people who would live another 10 years minimum if their cancer diagnoses were detected on time and now run the risk of dying so take your sanctimony elswhere.

It is clear that there have been huge cases and reports all across the world that people's deaths are being classified as Covid when it played no role in the death.

The median age of death is also 82.

Here's an example of Covid deaths being nearly 50% higher than excess deaths in that period of time in the south. How is that logical?

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2020/0703/1151127-virus-report/

Look at the bigger picture and stop getting consumed by Covid.

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on October 28, 2020, 09:20:09 AM
Quote from: lenny on October 28, 2020, 09:16:25 AM

As callous of you, there are plenty of people who would live another 10 years minimum if their cancer diagnoses were detected on time and now run the risk of dying so take your sanctimony elswhere.

It is clear that there have been huge cases and reports all across the world that people's deaths are being classified as Covid when it played no role in the death.

The median age of death is also 82.

Here's an example of Covid deaths being nearly 50% higher than excess deaths in that period of time in the south. How is that logical?

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2020/0703/1151127-virus-report/

Look at the bigger picture and stop getting consumed by Covid.

That article proves that there were 1200 excess deaths in the first wave, during the most strict social restrictions during any of our lifetimes, which is exactly why it needs to be taken seriously.

I dont know why you are using it to try to back up your point.