China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 03:38:11 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 03:26:35 PM
And differs from calling someone a sociopath because they don't follow your narrative - how?
But proposing a massive increase in death and the overwhelming of the health system is sociopathic!

Own it

There's no need to be politically correct here - just honest

Honesty is the best policy and the stance of you and Fulvio is fundamentally dishonest

It's a feelings over facts, fantasy over reality mindset

There's simply no arguing with that

Any quotes here again, also why do you leave a line between each sentence, I did that primary school so the teacher could write in corrections, is this the level you are at in your profession, no wonder they won't give you a laptop.

Who told you to stop?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PadraicHenryPearse

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/hospitals-trying-to-protect-non-covid-services-hse-boss-says-1024273.html

CMO says herd immunity concept is 'something that's reserved for policy thinking around vaccination' https://jrnl.ie/5241956

trileacman

Quote from: armaghniac on October 22, 2020, 08:40:16 PM

Germany sticking out like a sore thumb. Are the really just a shower of joyless Krauts who love social isolating and living under a rock?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Denmark doesn't look too bad. I think it is off the 14 day quarantine list and Italy also seems to be getting on rightly.

Angelo

Quote from: trileacman on October 22, 2020, 09:33:16 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 22, 2020, 08:40:16 PM

Germany sticking out like a sore thumb. Are the really just a shower of joyless Krauts who love social isolating and living under a rock?

Germany have the most ICU beds per population in the EU.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Brilliant news on Germany having the most ICU beds, that's the reason the virus isn't spreading as it knows there's no point in giving it to anyone
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

If you were in Germany I doubt if the general setup is hugely different from neighbouring parts of the Netherlands or Switzerland. This suggests to me that the difference between cases under control and getting out of control is relatively small. The difference might not seem much but they affect the case rate. What they are I don't know, it could be faster testing, or better enforcement. It would be useful for someone to figure out the difference.
Likewise Czechia was fine for a long time then they did a Derry on it and became the worst. At some ,some quite small difference would have meant that Czechia would be more like Bavaria.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 22, 2020, 10:05:03 PM
Brilliant news on Germany having the most ICU beds, that's the reason the virus isn't spreading as it knows there's no point in giving it to anyone

I think you will find a proper functioning health system is the primary reason why Covid has not had a big effect in Germany.

Germany have the 6th highest no of Covid cases in Europe and the 27th highest no of deaths per population in Europe.

Your agenda seems to go against anything I say without hint of you bringing anything of knowledge or having any clue of context.

Let's just agree that you're an idiot that can offer nothing of substance to this topic and leave it at that.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 10:58:34 PM

I think you will find a proper functioning health system is the primary reason why Covid has not had a big effect in Germany.

Germany have the 6th highest no of Covid cases in Europe and the 27th highest no of deaths per population in Europe.

Your agenda seems to go against anything I say without hint of you bringing anything of knowledge or having any clue of context.

Let's just agree that you're an idiot that can offer nothing of substance to this topic and leave it at that.

Those are two different types of statistics. It doesn't do the discussion any justice to conflate them.

Going by 2020's breakout website of the year, worldometer.info:

Germany is 27th in Europe for deaths per capita.
Germany is 39th in Europe for cases per capita.

Just looking at those numbers, it seems like slowing transmission of the virus has been the key to their relative success so far. Whatever they are doing to achieve that.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Milltown Row2

They are obviously achieving it by having more ICU beds, the virus has just been fed up and fuvked off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 22, 2020, 11:14:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 10:58:34 PM

Those are two different types of statistics. It doesn't do the discussion any justice to conflate them.

Going by 2020's breakout website of the year, worldometer.info:

Germany is 27th in Europe for deaths per capita.
Germany is 39th in Europe for cases per capita.

Just looking at those numbers, it seems like slowing transmission of the virus has been the key to their relative success so far. Whatever they are doing to achieve that.

Not when you look at it in terms of most populous European nations.

European countries with populations of over 20m (in order of their population with their rank in deaths per population):

Russia - 5th
Germany - 7th
France - 4th
UK - 2nd
Italy -3rd
Spain - 1st
Ukraine - 6th
Poland -8th

Poland is the only large country in Europe with a lower death total per population than Germany and Poland was very lightly hit in the first wave.

Lazer

Quote from: armaghniac on October 22, 2020, 10:09:46 PM

If you were in Germany I doubt if the general setup is hugely different from neighbouring parts of the Netherlands or Switzerland. This suggests to me that the difference between cases under control and getting out of control is relatively small. The difference might not seem much but they affect the case rate. What they are I don't know, it could be faster testing, or better enforcement. It would be useful for someone to figure out the difference.
Likewise Czechia was fine for a long time then they did a Derry on it and became the worst. At some ,some quite small difference would have meant that Czechia would be more like Bavaria.

The did a Derry on it part - to me it seems pretty obvious what the factors involved here were - and what i consider to be one of the main ones is overlooked - due to a very successful first wave in Derry & Donegal, there is practically zero herd immunity, so therefore it was  much more susceptible to a second wave, and the increased testing, makes it look worse than many other areas would have been in the first wave.

Second - Staycations/Holistays - With the "wet" pubs in the south still closed, but outdoors open in the North, people were attracted to holiday in Derry - its far enough away from most places to feel like a holiday!

Third - Schools - not sure if it still is but at one stage St Columbs College was the biggest school (numbers wise) in Ireland, there was a lot of different people from people from different areas mixing

Fourth - Population Density - Areas of the city are very densely populated

Fifth - Derry is a deprived area - many people in the city feel they are lucky they have a job, and will do anything to keep it, mask symptons etc or like the self employed they simply can't afford to be off work self isolating etc .

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-why-level-3-failed-and-why-level-5-might-too-1.4385342

"We really need to have very high levels of restrictions to get the virus under control because clearly we have uncontrolled community transmission," says Prof Kearney.

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on October 22, 2020, 08:35:44 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 03:38:11 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 03:26:35 PM
And differs from calling someone a sociopath because they don't follow your narrative - how?
But proposing a massive increase in death and the overwhelming of the health system is sociopathic!

Own it

There's no need to be politically correct here - just honest

Honesty is the best policy and the stance of you and Fulvio is fundamentally dishonest

It's a feelings over facts, fantasy over reality mindset

There's simply no arguing with that

Any quotes here again, also why do you leave a line between each sentence, I did that primary school so the teacher could write in corrections, is this the level you are at in your profession, no wonder they won't give you a laptop.

Who told you to stop?

Oh dear that the best you have, a typo.