China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 20, 2020, 04:26:09 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 20, 2020, 04:22:52 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 20, 2020, 04:14:09 PM
Cancer treatments are still happening though not as many. I think one key issue is they are constantly planning for having lot less resources because staff will be out. Seeing that, up north, 1765 staff are out with isolating or positive tests does make you realise to a degree that has to be done.

SHO/JHOs and that kind of level also get shifted with this kind of thing.

There's definitely a balance here which just doesn't seem to be being found though it can't be easy. Letting it rip is certainly not that balance lol. I suppose we are stagnating at a steady 1000 cases a day though ;D

Yeah, I think you should first of all learn what stagnate actually means rather than making an arse out of yourself.

;D What's that saying.

Aye, dead on ;D

The type of dullard comment you'd expect from a lad who has got himself too far in.

The emojis say it all, a beaten docket.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Yes I'm out of my depth with the boy who has the intellect dripping out of him.

Anyway. Get back to arguing with everyone. This throwing insults is of no interest to me.

Angelo

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 20, 2020, 04:29:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 20, 2020, 03:29:52 PM
It looks as though the virus has stagnated now, we are having fairly similar daily numbers for the past fortnight.

Here are the most recent figure seven day average case figures for the north, incase anyone wants to have a discussion grounded in actual reality.

Thanks for proving my point.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 20, 2020, 04:32:12 PM
Yes I'm out of my depth with the boy who has the intellect dripping out of him.

Anyway. Get back to arguing with everyone. This throwing insults is of no interest to me.

You're of your depth when you fail to understand words and make a point of showing everyone that.

imtommygunn

Honestly you are either a WUM or about as big a balloon as it is possible to find. Which is it?

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 20, 2020, 04:40:09 PM
Honestly you are either a WUM or about as big a balloon as it is possible to find. Which is it?

Neither, I'm just giving you a little lesson in what happens when you try and be a smartass but don't have the wits to go with it.

imtommygunn

I have always thought column b. Qed  ;D

HiMucker

Quote from: Angelo on October 20, 2020, 04:41:25 PM

Neither, I'm just giving you a little lesson in what happens when you try and be a smartass but don't have the wits to go with it.
Angelo would you be interested in conducting some webinars? I'm just in awe on how your wiping the floor with everyone, bamboozling them with alternative facts and figures.

sid waddell

1,269 cases in the saorsát today

13 (thirteen) deaths

All deaths recent

Looks like a few posters (hi Fulvio, sorry, Angelo) will have to look up what "lag" means again

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 19, 2020, 08:28:21 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 05:06:57 PM
Those people with Covid tunnel vision have absolutely no interest in looking at the consequences of using lockdowns and restrictions to fight it, maybe you should look at the bigger picture for once.

Current case fatality rate here is 4% (time weighted for day of contraction).

I was going to say that is overly pessimistic and take 1% instead. But, if we followed your course (which you don't outline, but the assumption must be that it is light touch), then the health services would collapse and you would see 4% as a minimum death rate over the long term

Then with your world of minimal restrictions, how many get the virus? Half the population before herd immunity effects kick in? (Half being optimistic, usual thought train is around 70% of populace needs to be immune.)

So, half the population of the north is 1.8 million. Half of that is 900k. 4% of that is 36k people.

In 2018, 15,922 people died in the north. You are advocating doubling the annual death rate in response to worries over intangible forecasts elsewhere.

Big picture? You don't have a f**king clue. Not surprising the man that cannot grasp the difference between fractions and percentages cannot play with big numbers.

Did Angelo respond to this one? Or did I miss it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

312 now in Hospital in the 26 with 34 in ICU.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Clearly the latter. I pity anyone who takes the time to read any of his nonsense!

Seaney

Seaney

Proportionate response, watch it, all the experts here advocating lockdown and a covid state should be ashamed. Swann is on a power trip and the folk following the media narrative is astounding.

PadraicHenryPearse

i didnt see it all but i didnt see lockdown being called out as the cause. the health system was not meeting demand pre covid.. huge waiting lists... covid has made it worst... i didnt hear mention of lockdown in the section i listened too... it was all about what the pandemic had caused not what lockdown had caused...