Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: thewobbler on October 14, 2020, 12:23:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 14, 2020, 12:19:35 PM
Quote from: Pub Bore on October 14, 2020, 12:15:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 14, 2020, 11:45:01 AM
Quote from: general_lee on October 14, 2020, 11:33:43 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. Hospitality businesses have been shafted here. Probably the most controlled environment outside of a hospital. What you'll get now is just more house parties and domestic social gatherings which are virtually impossible to police on a wide scale.

That's why the off licenses should close. To stop drinking/parties at home.

If they said offies were closing on Friday for 4 weeks the queues would be forming now.

Give them no notice then. Just announce it at 7am with immediate effect.

Should we kneecap anyone who distils a bottle of poitin too?

——

When cases are rising all over the world, you'd be better to look at the bigger picture than your own biases for how to get in under control.

Yes, I know. There's lots of other areas where it's spread, and they should be addressed too. This is only one of them.

BennyCake

Quote from: Pub Bore on October 14, 2020, 12:23:52 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. Hospitality businesses have been shafted here. Probably the most controlled environment outside of a hospital. What you'll get now is just more house parties and domestic social gatherings which are virtually impossible to police on a wide scale.

If they said offies were closing on Friday for 4 weeks the queues would be forming now.

That could unite Catholic, Protestant and Dissenter onto the streets.  A revolution by midday!

The pubs would still be open if they want a drink.

HiMucker

;D Benny do you take a drink?

Milltown Row2

I've ordered two cases of wine from  the site I use, Portugal Vineyards, status says shipped! hopefully here today or tomorrow lol

That'll do for the first 2 weeks!

As for Offy's shutting at 8pm nuts! Lidl are open serving drink from 8.00am! The virus must not work till 8pm though

Its punishing those that have adhered to the rules and not doing anything to those that aren't. I've been to a pub twice since they were open, temp checked questions asked details taken and places spotless, they can't do anymore but still getting shafted, so unless WHO have been hiding information on how the virus works I can't fathom why a bar has to close, if people are not adhering to the rules while in the pub fcuk them out! and bar them..

If kids are now the super spreaders keep them feckers in .. In the main (from a works perspective) I seen people every day adhering to the rules, we don't let them in otherwise.. Mask on, sanitize at door, wait in room that has been cleaned prior to their arrival and after they leave, hour consultation and repeat, and that happens all day! but a bar/cafe/restaurants that do exactly the same can't open? Nuts!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 14, 2020, 01:00:59 PM
Other half is positive, she's 27, no underlying conditions, doesnt smoke etc.
Symptoms started Monday morning, day 3 now and shes not fit to get out of bed.
This is something you want to avoid if you can help it.

That is how it was for me. The tiredness did improve daily, first 5 days I had to go back to bed around lunchtime each day and it would just come on very suddenly. Hopefully she is ok and if it follows my pattern it does improve significantly after 7 days

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 14, 2020, 02:14:32 PM

That is how it was for me. The tiredness did improve daily, first 5 days I had to go back to bed around lunchtime each day and it would just come on very suddenly. Hopefully she is ok and if it follows my pattern it does improve significantly after 7 days

Have you had a flu (a proper one rather than your standard, head cold/chest infection) before and how do the symptoms compare?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on October 14, 2020, 02:17:42 PM

Have you had a flu (a proper one rather than your standard, head cold/chest infection) before and how do the symptoms compare?

I have had a proper flu before, she hasn't. From what I remember I couldn't eat with the flu, whereas she is eating although but alot.
Its similar I would say,  but then I know of a late 40s case with no underlying conditions who is in ICU, so it's hard to predict.

Angelo

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 14, 2020, 02:19:47 PM

I have had a proper flu before, she hasn't. From what I remember I couldn't eat with the flu, whereas she is eating although but alot.
Its similar I would say,  but then I know of a late 40s case with no underlying conditions who is in ICU, so it's hard to predict.

There's a lot of people who will get tetchy about comparing it to a flu but I don't think they realise that a flu can have fatal consequences even to fit and healthy people, Christopher Colhoun being a prime recent example of how it can impact a fit and healthy young man.

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on October 14, 2020, 02:22:49 PM

There's a lot of people who will get tetchy about comparing it to a flu but I don't think they realise that a flu can have fatal consequences even to fit and healthy people, Christopher Colhoun being a prime recent example of how it can impact a fit and healthy young man.

Exactly. If it happened to him it could happen to anyone.

Franko

They do realise.

Jeepers Creepers

1217 cases in the past 24hrs in the occupied 6.

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on October 14, 2020, 02:30:41 PM

They do realise.

That's a leap.

Some people have never experienced a proper flu and think that it equates to a head cold or chest infection and would equate those ailments to a flu.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 14, 2020, 02:32:37 PM
1217 cases in the past 24hrs in the occupied 6.

Jaysus. 13 icu beds left. They seem to have increased capacity in icu as over 100 now. Bad times.

BennyCake

Quote from: HiMucker on October 14, 2020, 01:34:19 PM

;D Benny do you take a drink?

Why does that matter?

If off licenses are spreading the virus, close them. If schools are spreading the virus, close them.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.