China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: restorepride on October 11, 2020, 08:36:37 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 11, 2020, 08:27:48 PM
Milltown has any young school child in Ireland had a serious Covid condition or even had to be hospitalised? Not 1
Not a single school child in Ireland yes Ireland has been admitted to hospital
Yes close up shop
Not
Sweden on the other hand who kept schools open are all but over it
Crowds being allowed back into venues all over Europe but here and the shit show UK going the other way.
Yes.

Smurfy obviously didn't see the lad on the Late Late show Friday night. 12 days on a ventilator for a healthy 17 year old.

RadioGAAGAA

Fundamentally, any enclosed poorly ventilated space is ripe for spreading an airborne disease.

That can include homes, restaurants, pubs, office spaces, classrooms, planes, trains and buses.

No amount of bullsh|t and waffle is gonna change that. Even the 2m distance thing is largely irrelevant if your sitting a 5m away from someone (unknowingly) spreading viral particles for 8hrs in the working day. Its the usual. Politicians repeat the 2m mantra without having a clue about the context of it.
i usse an speelchekor

FermGael

Quote from: hardstation on October 11, 2020, 08:43:47 PM
I just think that if we keep doing what we're doing, schools will be closing every farts end for a deep clean, pupils will be in and out of school on some sort of conveyor belt of isolation and eventually schools will start struggling with staffing. The thing that we want to avoid (kids out of school) is naturally occurring and we keep burying our heads and ignoring the very obvious problem.

That's all ready happening in schools.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on October 11, 2020, 09:13:11 PM
Quote from: FermGael on October 11, 2020, 09:09:19 PM
I just think that if we keep doing what we're doing, schools will be closing every farts end for a deep clean, pupils will be in and out of school on some sort of conveyor belt of isolation and eventually schools will start struggling with staffing. The thing that we want to avoid (kids out of school) is naturally occurring and we keep burying our heads and ignoring the very obvious problem.

I know and it's only going one way.

I think in secondary schools they should think of some sort of morning/afternoon shift or alternate days to mitigate the problem.  Better half your classes in a physical school than none.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: restorepride on October 11, 2020, 08:36:37 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 11, 2020, 08:27:48 PM
Milltown has any young school child in Ireland had a serious Covid condition or even had to be hospitalised? Not 1
Not a single school child in Ireland yes Ireland has been admitted to hospital
Yes close up shop
Not
Sweden on the other hand who kept schools open are all but over it
Crowds being allowed back into venues all over Europe but here and the shit show UK going the other way.
Yes.

26 hospital admissions in the north for the under-19 cohort since the whole show began. Not big numbers, but also not zero.

Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on October 11, 2020, 09:20:34 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 11, 2020, 09:16:42 PM

I think in secondary schools they should think of some sort of morning/afternoon shift or alternate days to mitigate the problem.  Better half your classes in a physical school than none.
I think that plan was in place in July but abandoned in August when Peter Weir decided that all kids should go back in full time.

You might not need it everywhere and for most of the time, but it is a useful step between full open and closed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

All going well i will be out of isolation on Thursday. At that stage my child will not have been out the door in 2 weeks. If the schools are closed how does my wife get back into working at the hospital and me to work( who have stopped their working from home policy an don't pay sick) whilst still trying to protect granny and granda

Any answers Stormont? Very little support for working families with middling income.

Cara Ni CuilĂ­n is isolating was todays headlines ffs. Like who cares

Milltown Row2

So kids can't spread it!? Phew I'm glad of that

Anyways in the real world people are catching it, spreading it and undoubtedly people will die from it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Secondary school kids by and by large don't need parents at home to look after them. Therefore they could do remote learning with less impact on economics.

Why this wasn't obvious to the education authority I'll never know.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 11, 2020, 09:42:21 PM
All going well i will be out of isolation on Thursday. At that stage my child will not have been out the door in 2 weeks. If the schools are closed how does my wife get back into working at the hospital and me to work( who have stopped their working from home policy an don't pay sick) whilst still trying to protect granny and granda

Any answers Stormont?

Easy answer is companies should be mandated to support working from home unless impossible.

If you work in an office, its possible to work from home. No ifs, no buts. It may be awkward and dinosaurs will have to learn new tricks, but is quite feasible. They just need to sort their IT infrastructure.

If companies refuse to act - direct powerNI to cut the office electric.
i usse an speelchekor

marty34

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 11, 2020, 09:52:25 PM

Secondary school kids by and by large don't need parents at home to look after them. Therefore they could do remote learning with less impact on economics.

All well and good if they log-on in the morning.

How many won't bother?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: marty34 on October 11, 2020, 09:54:47 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 11, 2020, 09:52:25 PM

All well and good if they log-on in the morning.

How many won't bother?

That is their (the kids & parents) problem. If the parents and kids don't give a f**k, why should the rest of society?

Far too many here don't realise how lucky they have it. Many children across the world would give their right arm for the chances given out here.

[It wouldn't be too hard to have a keystroke counter on the interface. It'd register activity across the day.]
i usse an speelchekor

From the Bunker

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2020, 09:47:02 PM

Anyways in the real world people are catching it, spreading it and undoubtedly people will die from it.

Kids spreading it is just another little matter that confuses science about this virus.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 11, 2020, 10:15:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2020, 09:47:02 PM

Kids spreading it is just another little matter that confuses science about this virus.

Confuses it like the virus doesn't work after 10? Or when a random 7th person pops their head into the garden?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea