China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah the horse has bolted on it unless these cases are just coming from one or two regions.

While I don't like the thought of a lockdown they didn't really change much bar how much you were fined yesterday. Given the extent of it you'd have expected something. I do suspect money from westminster is not forthcoming and has a part to play in it.

Angelo

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 08, 2020, 08:26:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 08, 2020, 09:44:10 AM

I know the virus was only officially detected on this island around the end of Feb but being realistic it was probably here in December or before, it has obviously been in existence in China months before it became apparent and its likely a domino effect to each new country it transmits to. By the time testing, tracing and knowledge of the virus, it's probably already embedded there for months

If you don't believe that it started in Wuhan in Dec, then why believe that it began in China at all? If it was around in Europe in say Nov, then there is currently no known origin

Because China was the first noted outbreak. If people are oblivious to it then the place where it first becomes apparent is likely the origin of it.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 09, 2020, 03:27:11 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 09, 2020, 02:04:10 PM
1080 new cases in the north.

In my opinion, it's out of control here now.
The only way to stop the spread continuing to rise at this rate and protect the hospitals is a lock down. Not what I want or what anyone wants, but what other option is there?

None.

Angelo

The death rates in the next 5/6 weeks will tell us everything.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Inpatients is growing a lot. A hell of a lot. It's not good,

Rossfan

What clown in RTÉ thought it was a good idea to send a newscaster from Dublin  and reporter (or 2) from Belfast to Derry to tell us there is a large amount of Covid in Derry?
Highly irresponsible >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

MayoBuck

Quote from: Rossfan on October 09, 2020, 06:16:58 PM
What clown in RTÉ thought it was a good idea to send a newscaster from Dublin  and reporter (or 2) from Belfast to Derry to tell us there is a large amount of Covid in Derry?
Highly irresponsible >:(

Was thinking that myself. Bizarre!

Taylor

Was in hospital in Belfast yesterday for a quick procedure and the nurse said they are starting to get really busy with Covid patients.
Much busier than it was in March/April.

She felt that we didnt really get badly hit with the first wave and that it will be much worse over the coming weeks/months.

Desperately hoping she is wrong

Smurfy123

I was one of the ones in March April saying that the numbers in hospital were nothing to worry about and the numbers were low
It didn't concern me
Now seeing the numbers I'm worried
This is concerning to say the least
More cases in the north in 9 day's than what we had in 6 months.
Worrying very worrying

Dougal Maguire

What's the problem in the North? Is it non adherence to the wearing of masks?  Seems kids don't have to wear them in classrooms if they don't want to which seems a bit of a reckless policy.
Careful now

BennyCake

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 09, 2020, 07:36:09 PM
What's the problem in the North? Is it non adherence to the wearing of masks?  Seems kids don't have to wear them in classrooms if they don't want to which seems a bit of a reckless policy.

Heard stories of kids who wear masks in buses/classrooms/school corridor being teased by other kids.

I don't know why they're not made compulsory in all places. And for kids in shops too. Kids are at school, mixing with big numbers and are probably the one group that have the potential to spread the virus to the most people.

FermGael

I personally think in the North that universities are playing a large part on this .
Usually , in other parts of the world , when you head to university you stay there for the term. If you look at university cities in England like Newcastle, Liverpool, Nottingham etc they have all had large outbreaks but they can be localised to certain areas and don't seem to be extending to the wider population of the city .

It different in the North. It's all ready clear that covid has been spread among the student population in Belfast with most assymptomic.
The vast majority of students go to University Sunday til Friday and then go back home for the weekend to their parents and thus their local communities . I really think this has been one of the main drivers in the north .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

macdanger2

Quote from: Angelo on October 09, 2020, 03:56:37 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 08, 2020, 08:26:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 08, 2020, 09:44:10 AM

I know the virus was only officially detected on this island around the end of Feb but being realistic it was probably here in December or before, it has obviously been in existence in China months before it became apparent and its likely a domino effect to each new country it transmits to. By the time testing, tracing and knowledge of the virus, it's probably already embedded there for months

If you don't believe that it started in Wuhan in Dec, then why believe that it began in China at all? If it was around in Europe in say Nov, then there is currently no known origin

Because China was the first noted outbreak. If people are oblivious to it then the place where it first becomes apparent is likely the origin of it.

That theory makes no sense

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Taylor on October 09, 2020, 06:39:20 PM
Was in hospital in Belfast yesterday for a quick procedure and the nurse said they are starting to get really busy with Covid patients.
Much busier than it was in March/April.

She felt that we didnt really get badly hit with the first wave and that it will be much worse over the coming weeks/months.

Desperately hoping she is wrong

Back in March, April with word of the virus many of the hypochondriacs cleared out of hospitals giving much needed room for covid patients. The same isn't happening now it seems.

imtommygunn

Fermgael I would agree with you. I was reading a thread on this subject on twitter saying the same thing. Small place so students flock home at weekends. Pretty much anywhere here is easily accessible do that can be done. England is a scale bigger.