China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

What is baffling about schools is that if a child gets it they send the class home.

What about mixing with other classes at break time and lunch time?

I know for a fact many classes all mix during these times - does it not spread then?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Taylor on October 08, 2020, 03:05:43 PM
What is baffling about schools is that if a child gets it they send the class home.

I know for a fact many classes all mix during these times - does it not spread then?

With regards to Covid this is one we have to file under: Things we think, but cannot say.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 08, 2020, 03:11:45 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 08, 2020, 03:05:43 PM

With regards to Covid this is one we have to file under: Things we think, but cannot say.

Oh sorry.
So classes are not supposed to mix during break and lunch but they do and no one is allowed to say anything.
Got it  :-[

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 08, 2020, 02:09:50 PM
923 positive cases up north today and looks like a further 15-20 in hospital. The 15-20 seems to have been standard this week. That's not a growth rate that can be kept up or there's big trouble :( Looks like maybe an additional 3 in ICU since the start of the week. An 80 year old woman died of it :(

923 cases from 5,783 tests. ROI yesterday had 611 cases from 14,407 tests. Probably a big number of cases again today after having 754 positive swabs on 15,880 tests in the last 24 hours.

How many more daily cases would NI have if they did 14 to 16k in testing?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 08, 2020, 03:29:49 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 08, 2020, 02:09:50 PM
923 positive cases up north today and looks like a further 15-20 in hospital. The 15-20 seems to have been standard this week. That's not a growth rate that can be kept up or there's big trouble :( Looks like maybe an additional 3 in ICU since the start of the week. An 80 year old woman died of it :(

923 cases from 5,783 tests. ROI yesterday had 611 cases from 14,407 tests. Probably a big number of cases again today after having 754 positive swabs on 15,880 tests in the last 24 hours.

How many more daily cases would NI have if they did 14 to 16k in testing?

Theres clearing something in daily routines that is being 'overlooked'.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

1000 cases this week in Derry and Strabane . Twice as many as Belfast with 3 times less of a population.
Including myself I know of 25 others . I got positive result Sunday morning. My main symptoms are extreme fatigue. The fatigue comes on very suddenly. Sleeping during the day every day. No desire to do anything. But all other symptoms have gone except for mild mucous producing cough at night and heart palpitations.

RedHand88

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2020, 04:40:37 PM
1000 cases this week in Derry and Strabane . Twice as many as Belfast with 3 times less of a population.
Including myself I know of 25 others . I got positive result Sunday morning. My main symptoms are extreme fatigue. The fatigue comes on very suddenly. Sleeping during the day every day. No desire to do anything. But all other symptoms have gone except for mild mucous producing cough at night and heart palpitations.

Get well soon.

Hound

What do you think you did 'wrong' to catch it?
(Not trying to blame you or anything like it! Just interested in how you think you contracted it)

macdanger2

Quote from: Angelo on October 08, 2020, 09:44:10 AM

I know the virus was only officially detected on this island around the end of Feb but being realistic it was probably here in December or before, it has obviously been in existence in China months before it became apparent and its likely a domino effect to each new country it transmits to. By the time testing, tracing and knowledge of the virus, it's probably already embedded there for months

If you don't believe that it started in Wuhan in Dec, then why believe that it began in China at all? If it was around in Europe in say Nov, then there is currently no known origin

seafoid

This week the situation deteriorated significantly across Europe

It was clear at least 2 weeks ago that Covid was going to do more serious damage.

18 Sept
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/coronavirus-out-of-control-in-britain-chief-scientific-adviser-admits-1.4368706
"Pedantry and bodgery - why Britain may now face a second painful lockdown
With the virus once more spreading exponentially, we need to stop carping and pull together to flatten the curve all over again"

30 Sept
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/coronavirus-out-of-control-in-britain-chief-scientific-adviser-admits-1.4368706

"Coronavirus out of control in Britain, chief scientific adviser admits
'Things are heading in the wrong direction,' says Vallance as 71 further deaths announced"

It's only a matter of time before lockdown and open chequebooks reappear,  i mo thuairim

RadioGAAGAA

Has lethality dropped?

Weighting for the age profile of infected becoming a bit lower, it would appear so:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2252699-covid-19-is-becoming-less-deadly-in-europe-but-we-dont-know-why/
i usse an speelchekor

Farrandeelin

Christ. Mind yourself and get well soon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.