China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

71 new cases in Northern Ireland, 2 deaths.

Taylor

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2020, 02:53:20 PM

Are those deaths linked to the cancer patients in Craigavon?

When I heard cancer patients caught it I was expecting more deaths

Dire Ear

Many schools effected yet?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Taylor on September 02, 2020, 02:58:00 PM

Don't know, location of deaths not reported yet.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2020, 04:38:01 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 02, 2020, 02:58:00 PM

Don't know, location of deaths not reported yet.

Health department data shows the deaths on Wednesday were of a man and woman aged over 80.
The man from the Mid and East Antrim council area died on September 1 in hospital, while the woman passed away in a care home in Co Down on August 28. There can often be a delay in registering deaths.

Cunny Funt

A first reported death in the ROI for 11 days. Death happened in June. Of the 14 reported deaths in August 4 of them happened in August.

RadioGAAGAA

They need to start reporting on when the deaths were diagnosed with the virus. (among many, many other pieces of information they need to report!)
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 02, 2020, 08:52:37 PM

They need to start reporting on when the deaths were diagnosed with the virus. (among many, many other pieces of information they need to report!)

Absolutely this. Many things lacking.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 02, 2020, 09:14:14 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 02, 2020, 08:52:37 PM

Absolutely this. Many things lacking.

Absolutely, report of death for public health purposes needs to be separated from the legal aspect of it,
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

andoireabu

What is the idea behind reporting a death from Jun in August.  Does it not skew the June figures favourably and the August figures unfavourably?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

imtommygunn

Also why does it take that long? (I'm sure there are perfectly valid reasons but I just don't know what they are)

When they report that death they don't tend to report it from two months ago and it makes it sound like it's recent which it's not and I find that is a bit misleading.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 03, 2020, 08:57:23 AM
Also why does it take that long? (I'm sure there are perfectly valid reasons but I just don't know what they are)

When they report that death they don't tend to report it from two months ago and it makes it sound like it's recent which it's not and I find that is a bit misleading.

Could be something as simple as not being sent to National Office of Statistics or just not being logged that side due to home working still being promoted in public sector. I suspect these are care home deaths and they just don't bother sending the details until they are good and ready.

Covid Deaths aren't investigated in any way, i.e. Port Mortem so when someone dies and it is labelled 'Covid' related (not necessarily why they died), it should be logged within days - depending on how good the hospital / GP is with paperwork.  There should be no delay from the public sector in this area.

johnnycool

Quote from: andoireabu on September 03, 2020, 08:55:15 AM
What is the idea behind reporting a death from Jun in August.  Does it not skew the June figures favourably and the August figures unfavourably?

Why not just amend the June figure if that's actually when they died??

imtommygunn

Better immune systems?

That's an interesting one.

I still think this thing is very far from being understood by anyone - experts included.