China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2020, 06:59:10 PM
Was driving home earlier today and on my left I noticed a group of well dressed older middle aged men heading away from the British Legion, which had two cops at the door, the aul punter that's always at the door was sheepishly walking away with a half bottle of wine!

The feckers have been having a few lock-ins it seems, I know of another pub was doing the same recently, I wonder how much of this is going on?

Will be rightly ramping up closer to the Glorious 12th I can imagine.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 21, 2020, 07:10:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2020, 06:59:10 PM
Was driving home earlier today and on my left I noticed a group of well dressed older middle aged men heading away from the British Legion, which had two cops at the door, the aul punter that's always at the door was sheepishly walking away with a half bottle of wine!

The feckers have been having a few lock-ins it seems, I know of another pub was doing the same recently, I wonder how much of this is going on?

Will be rightly ramping up closer to the Glorious 12th I can imagine.

There will be shebeens popping up everywhere
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 21, 2020, 08:01:58 PM
I could see it happening in some of the back street clubs like the pigeon. That Legion club is on a busy main Belfast road, just up from a cop shop? Talk about hiding in plain sight!

The very one, I can't even imagine there's even a back door
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 21, 2020, 09:37:55 PM
Time for lockdown 2
Time for lockdown 2 down but get all the childer back to school ;D
What a clown

Smurfy123

☝️😃
You need to get out more.

armaghniac

25,221 cases in the US in one day. They now have more reported tested deaths pro-rate than Ireland and with that number of new cases will mean more deaths there for some time to come. Trump's solution is to do less testing so there will be fewer reported cases!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 21, 2020, 09:37:55 PM
Time for lockdown 2

...whatever, but the cynic in me sees Varadker opening nearly everything from next week due to him washing his hands from the goddamn thing if the programme for government is agreed to when he won't be Taoiseach anymore.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Smurfy123

What exactly do you want Leo to wait on?
When do you suggest he open up the country?
Now mind you phase 3 starts next week and phase 4 will start 3 weeks later.

imtommygunn

Do you have a link to the stat about 850k deaths a year worldwide from flu??

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 22, 2020, 09:26:07 AM
Do you have a link to the stat about 850k deaths a year worldwide from flu??

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seasonal)

"Illnesses range from mild to severe and even death. Hospitalization and death occur mainly among high risk groups. Worldwide, these annual epidemics are estimated to result in about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, and about 290 000 to 650 000 respiratory deaths"

Not quite the 850k according to WHO.

imtommygunn

Cheers. I did think it was a big figure and wondered where it came from.

balladmaker

Quote from: armaghniac on June 22, 2020, 01:00:37 AM
25,221 cases in the US in one day. They now have more reported tested deaths pro-rate than Ireland and with that number of new cases will mean more deaths there for some time to come. Trump's solution is to do less testing so there will be fewer reported cases!

I heard him say that during his Tulsa speech on Saturday .... was a WTF moment, I'd to rewind to make sure I'd heard him correctly.  There were quite a few WTF moments during that speech, with his story about Westpoint and the leather shoes being something more akin to a stand-up comedian than a president.

US is screwed for some time to come due to Covid-19 and Trump's inadequacies in the face of it.

delgany

Did anyone see the images of Trump coming of the chopper at the Whitehouse? Must've hit the drink !