China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2020, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2020, 11:49:58 AM
Been in work all week preparing the place for officially opening on Monday

Having looked at our procedures for infection control I'm confident that we are covering everything (I hope)

Apron, gloves, mask, face-shield, desk shields, disinfection wipes/sprays and sanitisers and continual washing hands at our sinks, that side of things are covered.

We've also questions for all of our patients in relation to their current health, and staggered appointments to allow us to wipe down each room before and after they leave.

Appointments only, no waiting and no walk in hours like before!

There is I'm sure other stuff I've left out, but did a run through yesterday and today, the new normal is going to take time to adjust to, how pubs and cafes and the like will get to a standard of safety needed or required is beyond me!

Are you providing facilities for customers to wash their hands? This is one aspect of things that I think has been overlooked, everyone is told to wash their hands but nobody is required to provide facilities for same.

We are providing hand sanitiser at entrance and use of face mask and gloves should they wish, we have hand washing facilities in each room (has been standard before) so they can use them if they so wish, but we were told if they use the hand sanitiser when they are in it should be fine.

I'd be in favour for that also as we can provide it, the last thing I want to do is bring home the virus and by the same token expose someone to it..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: HiMucker on June 19, 2020, 12:26:20 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2020, 11:53:29 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on June 19, 2020, 11:29:19 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2020, 10:17:41 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on June 19, 2020, 09:44:48 AM
Anybody able to recommend a credible anti body test? Seems to be quite a few on the market and don't want to be shelling out for an unreliable one.

What's that going to tell you?
If you had it
And then what?
Nothing. Just curious and a bit of peace of mind if it was positive, that you already had it, and have some anitbodies against it to help with a possible second infection. And even if the antibodies dont last, that your likely to deal with a reinfection relatively ok*. Its for the wife, and I know everybody and their granny is coming out with this, but Id be shocked if she hasn't already got it given the range of bizarre symptoms she had. If you deem that a waste of money, I have no arguments, I have wasted money on a lot worse, just pure curiosity mostly by her. If it came back positive Id be tempted to get one for myself as I showed no symptoms, we decided that isolation from each other in the house was just impractical given we had 3 young kids.

* I know there is a lot more research to be done on this, but evidence thus far on why some people get a really bad dose and others mild could be down to genetics as well as other factors like underlying health conditions etc.

I was just concerned you were potentially lulling yourself or your wife into a false sense of security as you rightly point out there's a lot more investigation required into whether antibodies offer a form of natural vaccination and how long they potentially could last.

armaghniac

Some additional data on the website for the 26
https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

you can see the  clusters on the map here, which are retirement homes or meat plants
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Talk that all Sport might now get the go ahead from 29th June.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

You had it all but shelved until 2022 Ross

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

Trump and this British government take spin to some level.

Passive aggressive stuff mixed with the most ridiculous superlatives. It must work.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trailer

Leo giving the nation the go ahead. Full o' the pipe!

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

The breakdown of deaths by County in the ROI from coronavirus released by CSO last night.

Carlow - 14
Cavan - 38
Clare - 32
Cork - 49
Donegal - 40
Dublin - 742
Galway - 9
Kerry - 6
Kildare - 132
Kilkenny - 11
Laois - 15
Leitrim  - less than 5
Limerick - 30
Longford - 7
Louth - 49
Mayo - 41
Meath - 53
Monaghan - 50
Offaly -13
Roscommon - 10
Sligo - 7
Tipperary - 18
Waterford - less than 5
Wexford - 18
Westmeath - 23
Wicklow - 35

An Astrail

Conor McKenna tests positive - Essendon v Melbourne AFL game postponed as a result.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

13000 tests in the AFL 1 positive result I'd say that's good
Milltown Florida hospital admissions is away down. Cases up hospital admissions away down I would imagine they will be in a good position in 2 months as they will have a big percentage who have got it.
This virus is not as potent as many make it out to be.
McKenna has it and wasn't even sick. Crazy