China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on June 16, 2020, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 16, 2020, 01:06:27 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 16, 2020, 12:41:07 PM
When we look back I think we'll all agree this has been the biggest overreaction to anything ever. It is the greatest load of shite. Completely overblown. This is the opinion of all right thinking people.

was on the phone to a Liverpool company just yesterday and my contact over there had lost his father and uncle to Coronavirus.

Wonder does he think it's the biggest load of shíte.

Every lost life is a tragedy, no matter what they die from.

Yes, but knowingly allowing people to freely mingle in public with the threat of a virus spreading like wildfire that may kill many vulnerable people is genocide in my mind.

Boris was going all hell for leather but tried to change tack mid stream but still over 60K have died and counting.

five points

Quote from: johnnycool on June 16, 2020, 02:04:56 PM

Yes, but knowingly allowing people to freely mingle in public with the threat of a virus spreading like wildfire that may kill many vulnerable people is genocide in my mind.

You need a dictionary.

Franko

Quote from: trailer on June 16, 2020, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 16, 2020, 01:06:27 PM
When we look back I think we'll all agree this has been the biggest overreaction to anything ever. It is the greatest load of shite. Completely overblown. This is the opinion of all right thinking people.

was on the phone to a Liverpool company just yesterday and my contact over there had lost his father and uncle to Coronavirus.

Wonder does he think it's the biggest load of shíte.

Every lost life is a tragedy, no matter what they die from.

A politicians soundbite, empty words without empathy or humanity.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 16, 2020, 01:29:45 PM

Any right thinking people I know are of the opinion that the reason why we haven't had the number of deaths that were projected in a worst case scenario, is because of the fact we took measures and locked down to avoid that worst case scenario.

To put it in simple terms for you (as I think this is required):
      No Lockdown => more deaths
      Lockdown => less deaths

In your opinion, are you saying we shouldn't have done any of it? No Lockdown => Less Deaths?
That's so far wrong it's like saying 2+2=93.

tbrick do you not know when you jump out of plane - deploy your parachute and find its slowed your fall - halfway down is the perfect time to cut the parachute loose - sure its clearly worked so why continue with it?
i usse an speelchekor

tbrick18

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 16, 2020, 03:03:22 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 16, 2020, 01:29:45 PM

Any right thinking people I know are of the opinion that the reason why we haven't had the number of deaths that were projected in a worst case scenario, is because of the fact we took measures and locked down to avoid that worst case scenario.

To put it in simple terms for you (as I think this is required):
      No Lockdown => more deaths
      Lockdown => less deaths

In your opinion, are you saying we shouldn't have done any of it? No Lockdown => Less Deaths?
That's so far wrong it's like saying 2+2=93.

tbrick do you not know when you jump out of plane - deploy your parachute and find its slowed your fall - halfway down is the perfect time to cut the parachute loose - sure its clearly worked so why continue with it?

When you put it that way.......i'd still choose lockdown  ;D

trailer

Where has this virus "spread like wildfire"? Lockdown or not?

Everyone to a man I have spoken with believes it has been hugely over hyped including medical professionals, business owners and employees.

Smurfy123

It's like a bad flu season going by the statistics
2008 was bad
98 worse than this year
2010 not much better
Scaremongering on this page
To many men milking the furlong

tbrick18

Quote from: trailer on June 16, 2020, 03:35:03 PM

Everyone to a man I have spoken with believes it has been hugely over hyped including medical professionals, business owners and employees.

England? USA? Italy? Spain? Brazil? Iran?

Thankfully there has been none at all in North Korea and very little in Russia.

If everyone you have spoken to believes it has been hugely over hyped, then I suggest you speak to a few more people.

five points

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 16, 2020, 03:41:18 PM

If everyone you have spoken to believes it has been hugely over hyped, then I suggest you speak to a few more people.

No wildfire spreads as unevenly as Covid-19 has done. Put simply, it wrought havoc wherever hospitals and care homes were ill-prepared, a lot less so where they weren't. The comparison between Lombardy and Veneto is stark. https://www.ft.com/content/9c75d47f-49ee-4613-add1-a692b97d95d3

johnnycool

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 16, 2020, 03:40:02 PM
It's like a bad flu season going by the statistics
2008 was bad
98 worse than this year
2010 not much better
Scaremongering on this page
To many men milking the furlong

there's an additional 60K excess deaths in the UK and that's on top of the normal flu deaths that are expected.

I think you spend too much time milking yourself.

Smurfy123

Can't argue with that five
And that's why England were a shambles from the word go. They hadn't a clue what to do even though they had time to prepare compared to Italy.
A good reason deaths are falling dramatically is hospitals seem to now know how to treat it

Taylor

maybe speak to someone that has lost a loved one from it and ask them if it was over hyped?

johnnycool

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 16, 2020, 03:58:42 PM
And that's why England were a shambles from the word go. They hadn't a clue what to do even though they had time to prepare compared to Italy.
A good reason deaths are falling dramatically is hospitals seem to now know how to treat it

The UK Gov had plenty of a clue but were prepared to ride it out in an attempt to keep the economy as strong as possible in the face of Brexit.

They've fúcked up both.

five points

Quote from: johnnycool on June 16, 2020, 04:03:29 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 16, 2020, 03:58:42 PM

The UK Gov had plenty of a clue but were prepared to ride it out in an attempt to keep the economy as strong as possible in the face of Brexit.

They've fúcked up both.

Damn all they could have done in a few weeks. Basically, the lesson of Lombary v Veneto is that anywhere that had a health system based on large general hospitals was a sitting duck for Covid 19 while places with old-fashioned networks of small hospitals got away lighly.

The UK and England in particular went down the former road many decades ago as more recently did Ireland. For example, 35 years ago Cavan, then as now a mickey-mouse town, had 3 separate hospitals that were all replaced by a single general hospital.  Covid ran riot there, leaving the county for a long time with the worst infection rate per capita on the island.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 16, 2020, 03:41:18 PM

The Supreme Leader vanquished the Novel Coronavirus when he returned from a leisurely run up Mount Paektu after a decidedly average 18 under par at his local course in the hours before had left him unfulfilled.

The Supreme Leader reportedly coughed into the air, a double rainbow appeared and from that moment on the Glorious Peoples Republic citizens were instantly immune from the virus which only appears to affect decadent Westerners.

The Supreme Leader then returned to the course, more determined than ever to shoot a record 30 under par.