China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 15, 2020, 03:33:18 PM
No Sid its an opinion ok. This chat only gets going when bad news is out iut.
Some people thrive on getting the bad news going.
95% have it and there lies my point
We will gets spikes that is unavoidable but we now have the things in place to deal with it
Don't forget only 13% of the people at the start of this who got it needed hospital treatment. It now seems like it is not as deadly as once was so I would imagine that to now be down to as low as 5%.
So imagine we had a massive massive speak say our worst day 160 cases 8 would need hospital treatment
Milltown you still milking the furlong?

Only 5% have had it (in da Nort) not 95%.

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/e5f20455-4422-4eea-9c51-b083040a0878

US scientists have found the first direct evidence that coronavirus could infect the human brain and replicate inside its cells, heightening concern about the disease's poorly understood neurological symptoms.

Thomas Hartung and colleagues at Johns Hopkins University made the discovery after adding low levels of Sars-Cov-2, the virus responsible for Covid-19, to tiny neuronal balls known as mini-brains that are grown from human stem cells.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 15, 2020, 09:34:28 AM
The second wave brigade are out in force now after hiding for a few weeks since the virus has been on the wane.
More cases along the way is unavoidable it really is. In Ireland here we are going to see more cases down the line but the key to this is that more than likely 1 in 10 will need hospital treatment and 1-100 who get it will need ICU. Now Florida have seen a spike in cases but hospital admissions has dropped dramatically in the same time. People need to realise this. A doctor in Florida said this morning yes we are getting more cases but the virus is less affective.
Scaremongering is hitting new heights

Ern, I did say more than likely not at the end of the comment. As armaghniac put it, people are more aware of what has to be done this time around.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trueblue1234

We will gets spikes that is unavoidable but we now have the things in place to deal with it
Don't forget only 13% of the people at the start of this who got it needed hospital treatment. It now seems like it is not as deadly as once was so I would imagine that to now be down to as low as 5%.
So imagine we had a massive massive speak say our worst day 160 cases 8 would need hospital treatment

Yeah like lock downs.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2020, 10:03:46 AM

Senior hurling

https://www.ft.com/content/d9e52589-ea36-4900-be1e-693387887097

Half of Beijing's districts reported new coronavirus cases on Monday in the country's most serious upsurge in infections for months. Authorities announced that 79 people had been hospitalised and there were 36 new infections in the Chinese capital, a day after more than 75,000 tests were conducted in the city of 20m. The cluster of infections linked to Beijing's largest seafood and vegetable market has become the most serious outbreak since China said it had largely succeeded in controlling the pandemic.

This shows the problem but also the solution.  You test everyone and everyone who knows everyone and hope to get all the cases, this is a 0.05% positivity rate in the tests, The problem is that if you have a  market and you don't track people who visit it then you cannot easily test all the people you should be testing. Note that the article says that restaurants and other businesses were again required to collect personal information of customers, only a week after such measures were relaxed.

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 15, 2020, 02:45:41 PM
I think a lot of people just assume that the lock down had no impact at all on spread and the unfortunate thing is it would probably take a second more severe wave of this to convince them.
Some people never listen until it's too late.

Looking at China today and their response to a new cluster just adds more weight the to the probability of more outbreaks here.

Sadly some people have no shame about talking bollix without any basis whatsover. The Chinese have shown the way, lockdown, get rid of the virus as far as you can, then blanket test around any cases that are left. Expecting it to go away by itself is nonsense and dangerous nonsense at that.

As Sam McConkey said at the weekend it is no good tests taking 3 days, they should take 3 hours, and if anyone comes up positive their contacts should be traced that day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

So this thread has went off the first page due lack of deaths or bad need? Again not true, there have been posts every day.

Seems like it's not as deadly? Link to that one please? Has it mutated to a common cold?

Say we get a second wave and it registers 10,000 deaths on the island, I'm using your logic Btw, guessing, it's easy that.

As for work yep back at it though just prepping for next week when we actually are really back.  Drove to Dublin Citywest direction, took 1h35mins from my door in Jordanstown. No traffic obviously furloughed still big in the South
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Good to see no deaths reported today in the ROI. Average of 17 new cases over the past week and it was at 57 just two weeks ago.  ICU down to 23 with no new admissions in the last 6 days.

armaghniac

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 15, 2020, 06:30:16 PM
Good to see no deaths reported today in the ROI. Average of 17 new cases over the past week and it was at 57 just two weeks ago.  ICU down to 23 with no new admissions in the last 6 days.

It is going the right direction. However, the number of cases here that everyone thinks is grand, but a similar number of cases pro rate in Beijing and they've pretty much declared an emergency.

Rossfan

Prof Smurfy needs to go to Beijing and tell them Chinese it's nothing to worry about.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Quote from: hardstation on June 15, 2020, 06:22:59 PM
Why do you keep calling it furlong? At this stage, you're bound to have heard/read the word furlough at least 1000 times. Why can't you pick it up? Sort it out to fcuk!
Maybe it's a Freudian slip that he suspects there's eight furloughs in a Coronavirus pandemic.

armaghniac

Perhaps he thinks Milltown is a horse.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on June 15, 2020, 07:46:24 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 15, 2020, 06:30:16 PM

It is going the right direction. However, the number of cases here that everyone thinks is grand, but a similar number of cases pro rate in Beijing and they've pretty much declared an emergency.

It is grand, considering this virus took precedence over anybody, with anything else wrong with them medically on the island for the last few months.

Smurfy123

The Chinese will have the fire out by the weekend
Out of the new cases not one needed hospital treatment. Let's all dramatise things to make it sound like the second wave is here so furlong can be milked until Christmas
To many men on here enjoying BBQS and lying in bed until 1everyday. Face the real world lads as it's getting back to normal.
What about the talk on here about the
Easing lockdown
Easter spike
VHE spike
Beaches packed spike
Marching spike

Still waiting

ONeill

That's some milking Furlong is gonna be getting.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RadioGAAGAA

The question is really, how many furlongs have we got to go before reaching the finishing post?
i usse an speelchekor