China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2020, 10:03:39 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 08, 2020, 09:04:54 PM
There is no way of policing quarantine. In office today  4 0f 7 have now decided to go on pre-booked hols if flights are not cancelled. 2 weeks ago most were of completely different outlook . Things and peoples opinions changing very quickly

There is of course a way of policing quarantine. However, there isn't much need for quarantine if there is feck all Covid where the person is coming from. Significant numbers of people are only travelling because this is the case. So I wouldn't impose quarantine for most European countries other than Britain and Sween, but would keep it for the rest of the world. Australia and New Zealand would be OK, but there is a question over how people would get here from there.

And of course there could be a cluster of cases any day in some resort and here we go again. 

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 09, 2020, 09:28:43 AM
Alot of it was common sense before the Covid 19 / Coronavirus phenomenon. I'd like to think most people avoid someone who was coughing and sneezing before this all kicked off, in as much as you can. You certainly didn't get in the way of their coughing. I hate the term social distance or social distancing but it's not exactly a new phenomenon either, it's just been driven home to death over the past few months.

A lot of this was common sense, but Covid19 still spread and will again if people relax.

But if I go to France tomorrow, come back next week, give my qauarantine address in to authorities and head to work the day after I come back?
Who would know? How would they know?

trueblue1234

Spot checks? The fear of being fined?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 09, 2020, 10:40:37 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2020, 10:03:39 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 08, 2020, 09:04:54 PM
There is no way of policing quarantine. In office today  4 0f 7 have now decided to go on pre-booked hols if flights are not cancelled. 2 weeks ago most were of completely different outlook . Things and peoples opinions changing very quickly

There is of course a way of policing quarantine. However, there isn't much need for quarantine if there is feck all Covid where the person is coming from. Significant numbers of people are only travelling because this is the case. So I wouldn't impose quarantine for most European countries other than Britain and Sween, but would keep it for the rest of the world. Australia and New Zealand would be OK, but there is a question over how people would get here from there.

And of course there could be a cluster of cases any day in some resort and here we go again. 

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 09, 2020, 09:28:43 AM
Alot of it was common sense before the Covid 19 / Coronavirus phenomenon. I'd like to think most people avoid someone who was coughing and sneezing before this all kicked off, in as much as you can. You certainly didn't get in the way of their coughing. I hate the term social distance or social distancing but it's not exactly a new phenomenon either, it's just been driven home to death over the past few months.

A lot of this was common sense, but Covid19 still spread and will again if people relax.

But if I go to France tomorrow, come back next week, give my qauarantine address in to authorities and head to work the day after I come back?
Who would know? How would they know?

Will they have to quarantine the whole family? Cause if he gets off a plane uses the bus or gets a taxi or heads to the shop he'll have been in contact with loads! Then when he meets his family they'll have self isolate! If you live in a 2 bedroom apartment it's going to be very difficult to quarantine for two weeks!

Why not just test the person and tell him he's positive or negative?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Ireland will not go into full lockdown again if there is a rise in coronavirus cases later in the year. Reported in Irish Independent.

Rossfan

115 confirmed cases now in Hospital in the 26.
34 in ICU, dont know of that is in addition to the 115 or part of them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

Keep her locked down Ross
3 weeks ago you had everything cancelled until 2021

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 09, 2020, 12:01:12 PM
Keep her locked down Ross
3 weeks ago you had everything cancelled until 2021

See the schools are closed in England
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

No they are not
They have held back on getting everyone in before the summer is out
It's mad as in from next week I can take my kids to primary but can't get them into school. Crazy
Let's pack out shopping centres forget the schools

armaghniac

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 09, 2020, 01:00:52 PM
No they are not
It's mad as in from next week I can take my kids to primary but can't get them into school. Crazy

Do you mean Primark? I'm sure they won't want a load of kids either, they really shouldn't allow groups of people in.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

Yes Primark
Nothing stopping anyone bringing in 4 children
Daddy why can't I go to school- Coronavirus dear
Daddy why are we going to Primark- Because we can dear
Armagh agree with you btw

Smurfy123

WOW
The plot thickens
Another organisation that has come out of this very poorly has been WHO
Poor poor leadership from them and so many grey areas being announced
Be clear especially when you are speaking to the world
WOW

PadraicHenryPearse

:o

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 09, 2020, 01:32:03 PM
WOW
The plot thickens
Another organisation that has come out of this very poorly has been WHO
Poor poor leadership from them and so many grey areas being announced
Be clear especially when you are speaking to the world
WOW

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 09, 2020, 01:00:52 PM
No they are not

Why are you so intent on getting the schools back?

Generally they'd be going on holidays shortly and not back until Sept. If that is the case as normal then it makes sense to wait it out until September and we have a better handle on things.

It's great that the virus is dying off but there needs to be a degree of caution until we further the suppress of it. Most shops and retail outlets will be compliant with social distancing guidelines so it's much easier police there.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 09, 2020, 01:14:13 PM
Yes Primark
Nothing stopping anyone bringing in 4 children
Daddy why can't I go to school- Coronavirus dear
Daddy why are we going to Primark- Because we can dear
Armagh agree with you btw

Common sense maybe?

Should Daddy be bringing his 4 kids to Primark? No.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL