China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 08, 2020, 08:10:43 PM
People going to NI don't have to quarantine in Dublin and NI doesn't have quarantine, of course, that might stop the virus.

As for enforcement, I suggest they should require a €1000 deposit for non citizens and that they cancel the passport of any citizen who breaches quarantine.

Enforcement? Sure you can't enforce the normal distancing rules never mind cancelling people's passports
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Yep - tourism is gonna be a major issue for stopping this thing sparking up again.

No doubt moves will already be afoot in the background to open up the Schengen area again - and the politicians will fall over themselves to justify it. While its a great idea in normal times - some pragmatism is required right now- and that typically is not something politicians have in abundance.

The talk of "air corridors" is another. WTF is an "air corridor" beyond a useless piece of paperwork that breaks the compartmentalisation necessary to beat this thing?  They'll look so f**king bright with their "air corridors" around Christmas when the damn thing is running amok all over Europe again. But hey, nothing a few sharp suits, nice ties and endless talking won't be able to make go away.  ::)
i usse an speelchekor

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

There is no way of policing quarantine. In office today  4 0f 7 have now decided to go on pre-booked hols if flights are not cancelled. 2 weeks ago most were of completely different outlook . Things and peoples opinions changing very quickly

Milltown Row2

Like schools opening up and pubs the tourists will be back also.. providing we all keep socially distancing  to a point, sanitising and washing hands it won't be as bad. It's going to keep coming back until there is a vaccine anyways.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

The WHO now saying Asymptomatic spread of Coronavirus is very very rear after doing lots of detailed tests
The plot thickens

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 08, 2020, 10:52:19 PM
The WHO now saying Asymptomatic spread of Coronavirus is very very rear after doing lots of detailed tests
The plot thickens

Link

Edit: found it. Did you read it? Appears rather than very very rare, not rear is the wording. The virus is still spread by droplets sneezing or coughing, people may not have symptoms but can pass it before getting symptoms, which may be mild. I didn't read that kids can't pass it on though

Smurfy123

Google it for Christ sake
It's everywhere you look

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2020, 11:52:01 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 08, 2020, 10:52:19 PM
The plot thickens

Link

Edit: found it. Did you read it? Appears rather than very very rare, not rear is the wording. The virus is still spread by droplets sneezing or coughing, people may not have symptoms but can pass it before getting symptoms, which may be mild. I didn't read that kids can't pass it on though

Perhaps you could link it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

Milltoen if sick stay at home
Don't get you
On one hand your saying you won't send your kids back until you can be sure it can't be passed on
Now what if they can't find a cure for 5 years and we are still getting 4/5 new cases a day? We would still be in the same now as we would be in a few years. Surely you wouldn't keep the kids home for years?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 09, 2020, 07:11:53 AM
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/08/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-spread-who-bn/index.html

Alot of it was common sense before the Covid 19 / Coronavirus phenomenon. I'd like to think most people avoid someone who was coughing and sneezing before this all kicked off, in as much as you can. You certainly didn't get in the way of their coughing. I hate the term social distance or social distancing but it's not exactly a new phenomenon either, it's just been driven home to death over the past few months.

"It passes from an individual through infectious droplets. If we actually followed all of the symptomatic cases, isolated those cases, followed the contacts and quarantined those cases, we would drastically reduce -- I would love to be able to give a proportion of how much transmission we would actually stop -- but it would be a drastic reduction in transmission,"

Smurfy123

Common sense without doubt. If someone generally sick or coughing they stay at home. If they don't and go out you generally stay well clear. Also basic hygiene with washing your hands where possible. I know that's not practical all the time but it really is common hygiene. It may make us think that bit more. Going to the shop we should be cleaning our hands after as the things we touch.
Car handle
Steering wheel
Groceries
Money or card
Door handles
Seat belt
Mobile phone

And that's just shooting out and down to the local shop

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 08, 2020, 09:04:54 PM
There is no way of policing quarantine. In office today  4 0f 7 have now decided to go on pre-booked hols if flights are not cancelled. 2 weeks ago most were of completely different outlook . Things and peoples opinions changing very quickly

There is of course a way of policing quarantine. However, there isn't much need for quarantine if there is feck all Covid where the person is coming from. Significant numbers of people are only travelling because this is the case. So I wouldn't impose quarantine for most European countries other than Britain and Sween, but would keep it for the rest of the world. Australia and New Zealand would be OK, but there is a question over how people would get here from there.

And of course there could be a cluster of cases any day in some resort and here we go again. 

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 09, 2020, 09:28:43 AM
Alot of it was common sense before the Covid 19 / Coronavirus phenomenon. I'd like to think most people avoid someone who was coughing and sneezing before this all kicked off, in as much as you can. You certainly didn't get in the way of their coughing. I hate the term social distance or social distancing but it's not exactly a new phenomenon either, it's just been driven home to death over the past few months.

A lot of this was common sense, but Covid19 still spread and will again if people relax.

thewobbler

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2020, 10:03:39 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 08, 2020, 09:04:54 PM

There is of course a way of policing quarantine. However, there isn't much need for quarantine if there is feck all Covid where the person is coming from. Significant numbers of people are only travelling because this is the case. So I wouldn't impose quarantine for most European countries other than Britain and Sween, but would keep it for the rest of the world. Australia and New Zealand would be OK, but there is a question over how people would get here from there.

And of course there could be a cluster of cases any day in some resort and here we go again.

What about:

- an English man resident In England who comes in via France?

- a French man resident in England who comes in via France?

- an English man resident in France who comes in via France?

- a French man resident in France who comes in via England?

Cherrypicking ain't easy.

armaghniac

Quote from: thewobbler on June 09, 2020, 10:08:42 AM
What about:

- an English man resident In England who comes in via France?

- a French man resident in England who comes in via France?

- an English man resident in France who comes in via France?

- a French man resident in France who comes in via England?

Cherrypicking ain't easy.

What is the question here.? Is it who should be quarantined or can people evade it?