China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 19, 2020, 05:58:39 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 19, 2020, 05:24:02 PM
Would it now be possible that the north of Ireland move quicker than the south now? Just the 20 new cases in the north today things are looking promising and they seem to be on top of things. Or maybe they will work the All island approach as both are now running at the same pace.

The North are still way behind on testing. Less tests = less cases.

It's not a competition though I'm tired of the but France has this and Germany do this and blah blah ffs! Catch yourself on. If you've got symptoms you can get tested, that's official 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Getting more data would certainly be ideal and the quicker the track trace and isolate comes into play the better things become. A bit of a dispute at today's daily briefing in the uk where the minister pushing for the schools to open wasn't for budging and the journalists said that from what he was hearing track trace and isolate wouldn't be in place. The women scientist more a less said that wouldn't be any good for schools to go back unless ready.
Firing them under the bus
South of Ireland 16 new deaths and 51 new cases a drop from 88 new cases yesterday.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2020, 06:21:34 PM
Would it now be possible that the north of Ireland move quicker than the south now? Just the 20 new cases in the north today things are looking promising and they seem to be on top of things. Or maybe they will work the All island approach as both are now running at the same pace.

It's not a competition though I'm tired of the but France has this and Germany do this and blah blah ffs! Catch yourself on. If you've got symptoms you can get tested, that's official
It's not about competitions. The whole island of Ireland should have the same testing and track/tracing rate.

Smurfy123

Exactly Captain
Thing should be the same with track and trace with the amount that travels over the border
Big big statement from Tony Holahan saying they have eliminated the virus in the community in the south. Did he really need to say that? People will get complacent.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 19, 2020, 06:53:27 PM

It's not about competitions. The whole island of Ireland should have the same testing and track/tracing rate.
the north will f**k it up no matter what with their incompetence and 'superior' attitude, you can be sure of that  :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 19, 2020, 06:58:41 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 19, 2020, 06:53:27 PM

the north will f**k it up no matter what with their incompetence and 'superior' attitude, you can be sure of that  :(

f**k what up exactly?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2020, 07:01:23 PM
f**k what up exactly?

The move from a locked down society to one where restrictions are easing.

No doubt they'll f**k up track/tracing.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 19, 2020, 07:06:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2020, 07:01:23 PM
f**k what up exactly?

The move from a locked down society to one where restrictions are easing.

No doubt they'll f**k up track/tracing.

Bars restaurants cafes schools still closed and airports running at a threadbare minimum and doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. The current situation is down to people doing social distancing also.

I don't see an immediate upsurge of breaking that. We are going to get a second wave and no one has said we won't, the whole purpose is to flatten the curve and not overload the NHS, we can't beat the virus, fingers crossed we don't get that sharp rise, but we'll know in 3 or more weeks, act accordingly.

What is the hang up on track and trace? Why is it not being implemented? Money staff software?

imtommygunn

I was reading there - track and trace dropped because they didn't have enough tests. Scientists advise schools don't open until track and trace. Tory lies aplenty still it would seem.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 19, 2020, 07:50:45 PM
I was reading there - track and trace dropped because they didn't have enough tests. Scientists advise schools don't open until track and trace. Tory lies aplenty still it would seem.

But the government want kids back at school? Oh I give up, where's the wine?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2020, 07:16:17 PM
Bars restaurants cafes schools still closed and airports running at a threadbare minimum and doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. The current situation is down to people doing social distancing also.

I don't see an immediate upsurge of breaking that. We are going to get a second wave and no one has said we won't, the whole purpose is to flatten the curve and not overload the NHS, we can't beat the virus, fingers crossed we don't get that sharp rise, but we'll know in 3 or more weeks, act accordingly.

While annoyingly ignorant at times, Trailer and Smurfy do have a point about the economy and other factors outside of CoV-2. Its unfeasible to continue to close everything down for 12 months.

So while it is correct that Stormont don't lift lockdown just yet, they need to be getting prepared to fine tune it. Those preparations really should be almost complete by now and they should have started background testing and sampling.

Of course, they aren't and they haven't.

They are like ignorant little tribes in a backwater somewhere that have no idea on what is happening in the wider world. Then they think they are up to date when they are really about 2 months behind and only a fraction informed.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2020, 07:16:17 PM
What is the hang up on track and trace? Why is it not being implemented? Money staff software?

Who the f**k knows.
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2020, 08:02:17 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 19, 2020, 07:50:45 PM

But the government want kids back at school? Oh I give up, where's the wine?

Not one f**k could they give.

On the subject of mental health a boy in the team at work is really struggling. He does at the best of times but this lockdown is really really getting to him. It will get to a good number of people like that unfortunately  :(

Smurfy123

Right I think we are now in agreement that schools should be kept closed until September. Probably is wise to keep kids off known that they would only be back for a few weeks. Wise move
Next thing Leo and co to move every 3 weeks. Is it now possible that things may move quicker after Holahans comments yesterday. Yes I believe the South have it crushed in the community but I still think him coming out and saying it was stupid.

Milltown Row2

Phased return in September for schools. 15/16 to a class, god help the timetable staff on that one. But at least that's a fixed date and now they can put in the protective measures required to help prevent spread.

There might be teachers like in all jobs who are part of the shielded group who have medical issues which would prevent them going back, they may have to wait or be paid off, who knows. But let's not paint them all   ;)

By that time we'll know if the second wave has come surely?