China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 18, 2020, 02:53:35 PM
Certainly not 30 kids in the one classroom. They would be split. A school would have better measures in place than a shop. Have u been in a shop lately

And plenty of workplaces that have continued to work throughout this, with sensible social distancing measures

armaghniac

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 18, 2020, 02:56:52 PM
Certainly not 30 kids in the one classroom. They would be split. A school would have better measures in place than a shop. Have u been in a shop lately

And plenty of workplaces that have continued to work throughout this, with sensible social distancing measures

Which workplace is analogous to a classroom?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 18, 2020, 02:53:35 PMA school would have better measures in place than a shop. Have u been in a shop lately

Have "u" been in a school lately?

How well did you find the kids always listen to instruction?
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Was in today, 2 in only at a time in the local shop, sanitizer used on way in and one way system in place, card only and screens up, so i find it difficult to understand how a school will have better measurements in place than that, 30 kids per class, unless they bring in twice as many teachers to split that and build more classes.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

The risk to children is minuscule. Proper measures must of course be put in place but they need to reopen schools if they want to get people back to work. Sorry Teachers.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2020, 04:06:22 PM
The risk to children is minuscule. Proper measures must of course be put in place but they need to reopen schools if they want to get people back to work. Sorry Teachers.

There is a risk to children - some have died.
Kids can also carry it home to members of their families.
Kids can also pass it on to teachers.

This is factual

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2020, 04:06:22 PM

I'm not worried per-say about the kids as they don't seem to be getting ill by any reports, but I'm more worried about my wife getting it and falling ill or giving it to her parents who she is doing errands for or giving it to me, as I do errands for my parents.

So your proper workable measure are what?

Still waiting on confirmation on can kids pass the virus on, smurfy must be looking for that link still. or maybe you can confirm that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

The number of children who have died from this is tiny. It is a disease almost exclusively of the over 70s. I know everyone wants to engage in this "we're all going to die apocalypse" but the main risk to older people and those with underlying health conditions. They must of course be protected and proper social distancing measures undertaken for the foreseeable but I think the schools should go back. What will be different in September? Will the virus have gone back to China?

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2020, 04:22:34 PM
The number of children who have died from this is tiny. It is a disease almost exclusively of the over 70s. I know everyone wants to engage in this "we're all going to die apocalypse" but the main risk to older people and those with underlying health conditions. They must of course be protected and proper social distancing measures undertaken for the foreseeable but I think the schools should go back. What will be different in September? Will the virus have gone back to China?

Serious question trailer.........two parents who are vulnerable, or their grandparents live with them have 3 kids at school.
Or a teacher has elderly parents living with them.

Can you see the issue with sending any of them back to school?

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on May 18, 2020, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2020, 04:22:34 PM

Serious question trailer.........two parents who are vulnerable, or their grandparents live with them have 3 kids at school.
Or a teacher has elderly parents living with them.

Can you see the issue with sending any of them back to school?

Yes there will be exceptions of course but that is not a reason to never open schools. Will those people have gotten better in September? They'll still be vulnerable, Covid-19 will still be here and the schools will be open.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

It has nothing to do with the Schools being closed. That's a ridiculous argument. Could children not catch it from a parent? Could they not have caught it from other people even before lockdown?
That's the figures for Ireland that I shared but it is the same the world over. I know it's a serious disease and for certain people deadly - they must be protected but the fact remains the danger to children is tiny. The death rate is similar to the death rate in normal day to day accidents and sudden deaths.

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on May 18, 2020, 04:30:59 PM
Would you expect to see a big increase in that if those kids had been going to school?

Also, you are quoting those figures from so called experts and I'm not believing a single thing they say as they haven't a clue.

It's the government figures. They counted the bodies. I agree it is probably more but the percentages are probably there or thereabouts.
If the government is following the science then I can't see why they wouldn't open schools.

trailer

Deaths in England by age.

0-19  - 13
20-39 - 181
40-59 - 1,975
60-79 - 9,539
80+   - 13,031