China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on May 14, 2020, 01:19:04 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 13, 2020, 11:37:30 PM
Articles like that piss me right off, scaremongering shite. We live with controlled viruses & diseases on a daily basis, eradication is not a prerequisite to return to normal.

We don't need eradication, but we do need something
Flu has vaccines which are at least partly effective, colds are a nuisance they do not kill you, you can't get Aids on the bus.
I know and assumed that implication was obvious from my post. Does anybody really think we'll be in this same situation in 5 years? If there's not something in final stage development/production by the Autumn  with all the resources being thrown at it worldwide I'll be surprised,  maybe not a full vaccine but something.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 14, 2020, 12:13:56 AM
some who have been on the covid payment, got part time work driving/cleaning/stocking etc, they wont go back to work until it runs out and will make the most of this while it lasts to prepare for the obvious downturn coming after

If they've taken part time work does that not exclude them from furloughed payment ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Who is actually going to take the vaccine at the start? I'm certainly not against vaccines and everyone in my house have been vaccinated for the usual stuff growing up, I'd be wary of being rushed in for a vaccine in the next year or so until I'm positive* of its success.

Anyone concerned about this particular vaccine should it come?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 09:26:51 AM
some who have been on the covid payment, got part time work driving/cleaning/stocking etc, they wont go back to work until it runs out and will make the most of this while it lasts to prepare for the obvious downturn coming after

If they've taken part time work does that not exclude them from furloughed payment ?

Nearly sure I read that you cannot perform any paid work for your employer if furloughed (only training) but you can seek employment elsewehere if your current work contract allows (possibly to make up the missing 20%).

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 09:34:04 AM
Who is actually going to take the vaccine at the start? I'm certainly not against vaccines and everyone in my house have been vaccinated for the usual stuff growing up, I'd be wary of being rushed in for a vaccine in the next year or so until I'm positive* of its success.

You'd imagine it would be vulnerable people getting first call and go from there. Not everyone takes vaccines either. My da won't get the flu one and he's 80+.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2020, 09:35:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 09:34:04 AM

You'd imagine it would be vulnerable people getting first call and go from there. Not everyone takes vaccines either. My da won't get the flu one and he's 80+.

I think most people would be naturally cautious about taking it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 14, 2020, 09:34:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 09:26:51 AM

Nearly sure I read that you cannot perform any paid work for your employer if furloughed (only training) but you can seek employment elsewehere if your current work contract allows (possibly to make up the missing 20%).

So if you were paid £400 per week you are looking for a part time job to pay you £80??

imtommygunn

Dunno. I would have thought if you were in a precarious enough position from flu / corona virus or whatever you'd be inclined to take a vaccine but have never been in that position.

it really is hard to imagine a vaccine being made available to every single member of the popuation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2020, 09:42:06 AM
Dunno. I would have thought if you were in a precarious enough position from flu / corona virus or whatever you'd be inclined to take a vaccine but have never been in that position.

it really is hard to imagine a vaccine being made available to every single member of the popuation.

Nearly 8 billion people! Whoever finds this will retire very shortly

thebigfella

johnnycool

Gotta love the Brits pulling their comparison charts of per country death tolls once they started to get to the second spot behind the US.

imtommygunn

i noticed that boy Stamer(who I know nothing about but die hard labour people seem to hate) wrote a letter to Boris about his inaccurate information with regard to the nursing homes. I would love to see someone write a letter per lie and then next election bring out all the letters with all the lies.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2020, 10:45:29 AM
i noticed that boy Stamer(who I know nothing about but die hard labour people seem to hate) wrote a letter to Boris about his inaccurate information with regard to the nursing homes. I would love to see someone write a letter per lie and then next election bring out all the letters with all the lies.

He'd want a team of letter writers to keep up with the lies.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

It'd be worth it though.

Jeepers Creepers

Sir Keir Starmer wouldn't look out of place as a soap opera lothario character. Hard to take him serious as leader of the Labour Party but did well putting it to Boris yesterday.