China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 06, 2020, 05:49:06 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 06, 2020, 05:38:30 PMIts fairly damm obvious that its not an issue for the youth.

That is entirely irrelevant! Its beyond clear at this point that the risk to younger folks is much reduced.

The problem is them getting it and then bringing it home to someone who is affected much more drastically. Whether to parents or to grandparents.

That is why schools are closed - to mostly protect the teachers and parents/grandparents of the kids, not the kids themselves.

Its not irrelevant at all, its a very important stat if correct. My kids won't be going near their grandparents for the foreseeable future unless they can get a test which shows their asymptomatic. 

Surely if parents are at risk they'll be isolating too along with everyone they share the household with?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 06, 2020, 06:00:20 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 06, 2020, 05:49:06 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 06, 2020, 05:38:30 PMIts fairly damm obvious that its not an issue for the youth.

That is entirely irrelevant! Its beyond clear at this point that the risk to younger folks is much reduced.

The problem is them getting it and then bringing it home to someone who is affected much more drastically. Whether to parents or to grandparents.

That is why schools are closed - to mostly protect the teachers and parents/grandparents of the kids, not the kids themselves.

Its not irrelevant at all, its a very important stat if correct. My kids won't be going near their grandparents for the foreseeable future unless they can get a test which shows their asymptomatic.

Surely if parents are at risk they'll be isolating too along with everyone they share the household with?

Not following your thought train.

You are saying its not an issue for youth, I'm saying it never really was relevant to the youth - its more about who they'd pass it on to.

You then say that's not the case, and that your kids would not be allowed near your higher risk relations for fear they'd pass it on.

I think we're saying the same thing differently.
i usse an speelchekor

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 06, 2020, 05:27:14 PM
Found this website to have some useful graphing of the epidemic

This graph especially to compare different countries
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average?country=ITA+ESP+USA+GBR+KOR+DEU+IRL

The UK curve is almost identical to Italy. Just three weeks behind.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Taylor on May 06, 2020, 07:46:10 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 05, 2020, 11:59:35 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 05, 2020, 05:04:00 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 05, 2020, 04:45:29 PMI would also expect the governments now regret closing schools.

Absolutely not.

1 family contracts virus.

Their kid goes into school.

30 kids contract virus.

30 families contract virus.

The siblings of those 30 families go into school.

30^x kids contract virus

30^x families contract virus

Health service overwhelmed.
What particular research is all that based upon?
The only legitimate research I have come across maintains that transmission of corona virus  in primary schools/pre schools  to be very low or absent.
And in two countries South Korea and Iceland, which kept pre-school and primary schools open in this time of covid-19, nothing has happened to deviate from that research opinion. And this is in two countries which have test, trace and quarantine down to an art form. If something happened, it would have been discovered.

Iceland stayed open - SK closed

Iceland only had the bare minimum of children attending, my  nephews live there. They went in every 2nd day, taeching staff massively reduced, no dinners, they only attended 8:20-12.  P7s studied online. Everything else there businesses etc was more or less exactly like Ireland. Ireland has done well.

Jell 0 Biafra

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/nyregion/kawasaki-disease-coronavirus.html

Children Are Falling Ill With a Baffling Ailment Related to Covid-19

No children are known to have died so far, but several have ended up in intensive care with mysterious symptoms that include enlarged coronary arteries.

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 06, 2020, 08:01:38 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/nyregion/kawasaki-disease-coronavirus.html

Children Are Falling Ill With a Baffling Ailment Related to Covid-19

No children are known to have died so far, but several have ended up in intensive care with mysterious symptoms that include enlarged coronary arteries.

Yeah, I posted about that yesterday.

Up to 64 in NY today, and apparently also cases in Europe and the midwest.

But... it doesn't affect kids. ::)

Smurfy123

17 counties in the 26 showing no spike in deaths from other years
Dublin
Cavan
Monaghan
Cork

A few others the rest not?
Any reason?

imtommygunn

I am sure there are many... what do you think the reason is?

ned

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 06, 2020, 09:25:38 PM
Dublin
Cavan
Monaghan
Cork

Any reason?

Yes, the measures implemented have worked!

RedHand88

Please stop engaging with this absolute idiot and just mute him.

Rossfan

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 06, 2020, 11:27:04 PM
Please stop engaging with this absolute idiot and just mute him.
+1.
Just put him on ignore list
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

Give over rossfan will you.
It's a debate what's wrong with giving my opinion on things.
It's a god damn discussion board ffs.

Milltown Row2

So just to ask Karen from FB, can kids get it and if so pass it on? Asking for a friend?

Also if you live 4.7 km from the border, can you go to the shop in the south?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 06, 2020, 09:25:38 PM
Dublin
Cavan
Monaghan
Cork

Any reason?

Any link on the deaths per county from this virus?

imtommygunn