China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The Yank ones are probably run on disinfectant.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Boycey

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 03, 2020, 03:00:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2020, 01:54:40 PM
How many flights are coming in to Ireland at the minute? I take it only Dublin and Belfast international are the only ones working?

At the minute map. Not many and a few of those planes are flying over than landing in Ireland

Meanwhile the USA with the most cases and deaths in the world from this virus.

That's what Donald would say is Fake News comparing Ireland to North America. Try North America and Europe, I just did, the numbers look reasonable similar

Rois

How many flights are coming in to Ireland at the minute? I take it only Dublin and Belfast international are the only ones working?
I think there's one per day flying into Belfast City and one flying into Derry from London, probably not daily.

I don't think Belfast International is doing any passenger flights. 

imtommygunn

Sport needs to come back soon. Euro 96 is being replayed. If it doesn't hurry up the 1966 World Cup will soon be on.

J70

Quote from: Boycey on May 03, 2020, 05:10:42 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 03, 2020, 03:00:53 PM

At the minute map. Not many and a few of those planes are flying over than landing in Ireland

Meanwhile the USA with the most cases and deaths in the world from this virus.

That's what Donald would say is Fake News comparing Ireland to North America. Try North America and Europe, I just did, the numbers look reasonable similar

I live under the flight paths into LaGuardia Airport  in NYC and flights are way, way down at the moment. We usually have a plane every minute or two flying in; it's down to a couple per hour at most and has been for a few weeks.

johnnycool

The UK Gov and their media buddies doing their utmost to throw some glitter on the turd they've made of this.

Not only can they not be trusted to count PPE honestly, they also can't count the tests honestly.

Milltown Row2

New Zealand (an island that closed everything) no new cases being reported, follow all the models you want, this one is proving best.

I must admit at the start of this I was looking at it like a lot of the virus that didn't really impact us badly at the time and thought it would be contained and die out. If counties take anything out of this they should close down airports and restrict travel straight away. Contain what we've got and nip it in the bud quickly, life will get back quicker.

I've never been out of work this long now, even when teaching I was only off a month! It's crazy!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 04, 2020, 11:39:53 AM
New Zealand (an island that closed everything) no new cases being reported, follow all the models you want, this one is proving best.

I must admit at the start of this I was looking at it like a lot of the virus that didn't really impact us badly at the time and thought it would be contained and die out. If counties take anything out of this they should close down airports and restrict travel straight away. Contain what we've got and nip it in the bud quickly, life will get back quicker.

I've never been out of work this long now, even when teaching I was only off a month! It's crazy!

Think everyone was fairly in agreement this was probably the best option for Ireland as a landmass at the start, it's just unfortunate it was a no go. I don't even think they will be able to implement it if/when this was to happen again.

New Zealand is also rightly out on it's own there in the Tasmanian Sea.....it had every advantage going.

Rossfan

As well as being 2 thinly populated islands 2,500 km from anywhere they didn't have hundreds of school kids on skiing holidays in a Region which got badly infected.

imtommygunn

The dup would never allow us to cut flights to London etc though.

There's a good few months in it yet mr.

Smurfy123

Airports should have been closed straight away. Take the hit for a month and all cases would have been kept on this island.
The new nightingale hospital in England is to be closed down this week.
Think a lot of people overestimated this virus

Rossfan

All those oul restrictions might have helped contain it ;)

Smurfy123

Which ones?
Cheltenham
Liverpool Madrid
Manchester Derby
Hundreds of thousands still travelling on the London tubes every morning

Those ones

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on May 04, 2020, 01:03:13 PM
All those oul restrictions might have helped contain it ;)

Amazing how these things work, isn't it? ::)

Cunny Funt

Sounds encouraging and i can imagine before phase 1 comes into play on May 18th its hoped that ICU numbers fall to less than 50.

There were fewer than 100 people in intensive care units with confirmed coronavirus last night, the third day in a row, Health Service Executive (HSE) data also shows.

The HSE's daily operations update released last night shows 93 people were in these units across the country and a further 20 people with suspected cases of Covid-19 were being treated in intensive care.

The equivalent figures were 98 and 22 on Saturday night, 99 and 21 on Friday and 105 and 18 the day before, meaning the number of confirmed cases in intensive care is below 100 for the third day running and the lowest in more than a month.

As of 8pm on Sunday there were 906 cases or suspected cases of Covid-19 in the Republic's acute hospitals, compared to 953 at the same time on Saturday night and 1,010 on Friday night

By my count the amount of cases in the ROI this week was 2244 in comparison to the last 3 weeks it was

April 6th to 12th - 4661
April 13th to 19th - 5596
April 20th to 26th  - 4011