China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2020, 02:29:32 PM
The game is up. Roads far busier today. The UK and NI governments have no authority. People aren't listening. They don't believe the CMOs or other experts as they've already badly let us down. The only way forward is to relax restrictions and increase hospital capacity. We've been failed by sheer negligence and incompetence.

Michael McBride the CMO in NI should resign. Vallance and Whitty should follow suit . Their handling of this pandemic has been farcical.

I very strongly suspect that there is incompetence at play here so this is not a defence.

That said should the lock down be lifted in other countries? Which politicians should resign?

Milltown Row2

Which roads are busy?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

You keep saying the game is up trailer. Have you read the death tolls?

Traffic statistically is significantly down. Quantify "far busier"??

I do think more businesses are opening who wouldn't have been previously. e.g. some food places etc. However to say the game is up is nonsense.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 01, 2020, 03:04:18 PM

I do think more businesses are opening who wouldn't have been previously. e.g. some food places etc. However to say the game is up is nonsense.

Some businesses are reopening, having re-engineered their premises and processes. THis is what we need generally.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Yeah and that is wise. It's just the confrontational dramatic nonsense like "the game is up" etc.

Sure feck sake increase hospital capacity after saying there was no one in hospitals.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: armaghniac on May 01, 2020, 03:12:50 PM

Some businesses are reopening, having re-engineered their premises and processes. THis is what we need generally.

Yes, we need a new normal quickly.

Hereiam

Alot of manufacturing places in Mid Ulster Area are starting back next week.

seafoid

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 01, 2020, 03:39:09 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 01, 2020, 03:12:50 PM

Yes, we need a new normal quickly.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/thousands-of-jobs-to-be-cut-at-ryanair-and-aer-lingus-due-to-covid-19-1.4242639?mode=amp

" Group chief executive Michael O'Leary, whose pay was cut by 50 per cent for April and May, has now agreed to extend this for the remainder of the financial year to March 2021.

Due to EU government flight restrictions, Ryanair said it expects to operate less than 1 per cent of its scheduled flying programme in April, May and June.

Traffic of less than 150,000 passengers will be 99.5 per cent behind the quarterly budget of 42.4 million passengers."

Normal is a long way off , unfortunately.

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on May 01, 2020, 12:31:26 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2020, 12:01:12 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on May 01, 2020, 11:23:54 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2020, 11:13:02 AM
Our own local government not beyond fault either. 3 years of no gov has left NHS locally vastly under prepared, coupled with lack of Nursing staff due to poor pay and conditions (Poots and O'Neill oversaw those cuts). Followed up by complete incompetence, blindly following Britain and McBride the CMO here. Lack of testing. Lack of leadership.
But as is the NI way we will reward and promote this incompetence then moan about the DUP or SF rather than taking responsibility and changing our vote.

I assume you very much supported Michelle O'Neill and other Sinn Féin minisiters when they questioned and disagreed with the blind following of the Tory government and "medical science" at the very beginning of this process?

I agree with what she said re closing schools and the SF position on herd immunity. I very much disagree with the way she did it. She made it into a political issue Nats v Unionist, when it should clearly have been a science issue. Remember on the Thursday evening she supported keeping schools open... on the Friday morning she wanted them closed. Not the leadership, but suppose she got their in the end.

There was much made of that and the lack of unity in the executive in the local media but with Poots and Givan going on solo runs on opening Garden centres and churches less so. Strange that!

I mentioned that before but it doesn't suit Trailer's political agenda.

Also said, we should be dealing with this on an all-island way.

Rossfan

Leo to address us at 6.30.
Probably not much change for another 2 weeks.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gabriel_Hurl

Golf courses will be opening tomorrow apparently

edit: or not ...... these fecking fake letters. Look at the signatories.

Rois

Got an email from our golf club that sadly these letters are fake.

Square Ball

The UK briefings are becoming a complete waste of time, they make statements that can't be challenged, and the questions are similar, the same old tired responses.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

HiMucker

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 01, 2020, 05:09:10 PM
Golf courses will be opening tomorrow apparently

edit: or not ...... these fecking fake letters. Look at the signatories.

signed. Owen lee Joe King
Come on lads. Yous weren't caught with this one ffs  ;D

laoislad

I can't believe anyone is still (or ever)getting caught out by any of these emails and WhatsApps.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.