China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Main Street on April 27, 2020, 04:38:21 PM
Is it time step up the precautions and restrict border crossings? 7 of the 8 counties in the south with the highest ration of infections are border counties.  Isn't it  time for Nordies to respect the rules  just as regular Irish people are obliged to, put an end to the special dispensations for cross border Nordies and apply the 2km restriction, unless there's a bona fide reason to travel further. 
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-cases-in-cavan-exceed-dublin-as-incidence-in-border-counties-rising-fast-1.4238907

Being very honest here, most travel at border here in Derry City is coming from Donegal. Plus Donegal has higher numbers. Coming in to work, shop and fly tip

Rudi

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 27, 2020, 09:23:30 PM
Is it time step up the precautions and restrict border crossings? 7 of the 8 counties in the south with the highest ration of infections are border counties.  Isn't it  time for Nordies to respect the rules  just as regular Irish people are obliged to, put an end to the special dispensations for cross border Nordies and apply the 2km restriction, unless there's a bona fide reason to travel further. 
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-cases-in-cavan-exceed-dublin-as-incidence-in-border-counties-rising-fast-1.4238907

Being very honest here, most travel at border here in Derry City is coming from Donegal. Plus Donegal has higher numbers. Coming in to work, shop and fly tip

That's a harsh post from a Derry man, earning your living in Donegal. I agree a huge amount of Donegal people shop in Derry, having a positive effect on the local economy. More donegal people working in Derry, than Derry people working in Donegal, I doubt it look at your plant alone. Fly tipping is a low blow. You must have being jilted by a young Donegal wan at some stage Sir.

imtommygunn

What is this shit with all the north south digs everywhere. No need for it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 27, 2020, 09:44:09 PM
What is this shit with all the north south digs everywhere. No need for it.

Worst than the city v SW   ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Dem free state basturts started it Tommy

I agree, no need...

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rudi on April 27, 2020, 09:35:30 PM

That's a harsh post from a Derry man, earning your living in Donegal. I agree a huge amount of Donegal people shop in Derry, having a positive effect on the local economy. More donegal people working in Derry, than Derry people working in Donegal, I doubt it look at your plant alone. Fly tipping is a low blow. You must have being jilted by a young Donegal wan at some stage Sir.

Seriously tonnes of Donegal wans work in Derry and more power to them, thats my point, there seems to a lot of bad feeling agsinst northerners, but very little talk about traffic coming other way because most sensible people realise that everyone whilst in the town are abiding by the social distancing rules. Derry city has done well and has less recorded cases than Donegal.
Mucker of mines was shouted at in caroark in Aldi Buncrana because of his Derry reg last week even though he works in Buncrana, ridiculous really. Fair play to the others there who intervened.

Fly tipping unfortunately happens all the time. Ferguson doing well in totes of oil too.

mackers

Loads of southern reg cars driving around south Armagh. No one batting an eyelid or complaining here. Double standards.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Milltown Row2

There was a guy a some others ones came up to Belfast Ardoyne during the lockdown, think they came up from Drogheda or Dundalk. Very dangerous times
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

Lockdown in my part of California extended for another month , this is not going to go down well and I think the shit will hit the fan in next week or two.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: mackers on April 27, 2020, 10:23:19 PM
Loads of southern reg cars driving around south Armagh. No one batting an eyelid or complaining here. Double standards.

Yep, shouldn't be an issue,

marty34

Very partitionist stuff going on here - as I said previously, there's some 'garden centre' nationalists about.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2020, 10:25:23 PM
There was a guy a some others ones came up to Belfast Ardoyne during the lockdown, think they came up from Drogheda or Dundalk. Very dangerous times

Was that to do with that feud?

HiMucker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 27, 2020, 09:56:02 PM
Quote from: Rudi on April 27, 2020, 09:35:30 PM

Seriously tonnes of Donegal wans work in Derry and more power to them, thats my point, there seems to a lot of bad feeling agsinst northerners, but very little talk about traffic coming other way because most sensible people realise that everyone whilst in the town are abiding by the social distancing rules. Derry city has done well and has less recorded cases than Donegal.
Mucker of mines was shouted at in caroark in Aldi Buncrana because of his Derry reg last week even though he works in Buncrana, ridiculous really. Fair play to the others there who intervened.

Fly tipping unfortunately happens all the time. Ferguson doing well in totes of oil too.
100%

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on April 27, 2020, 10:46:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2020, 10:25:23 PM

Was that to do with that feud?

Seen a video of more looking to sort things out, not sure how real that is but I'd hope they keep it in the 26 ;)

marty34

Quote from: mackers on April 27, 2020, 10:23:19 PM

North and south of border - it's the natural hinterland where you in Strabane/Lifford, Fermanagh/Cavan or Armagh/Monaghan.  Pwople cris cross these roads every day doing about their business: be it shopping or working etc.

This carry on of I saw more cars from X here I think...or don'tgo shopping in south even though it's the nearest town....just because some p***k put a  line through Ireland a good few years ago.

Some partitionists on this board.