Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Telling the truth hurts tommy
The hospitals across the uk and Ireland are empty
NHS staff are doing nothing.
Give over will you

imtommygunn

Sorry about that. It was just reading about hundreds upon hundreds dying every day struck a chord with me. I must be getting soft ::)

pbat

Part of the reason hospital's are coping is because homes are not allowed to send their residents there if infected. My uncles home has been told no one will be admitted to hospital if infected, they are to be made comfortable. There has been 3 deaths in it. 

My friend is a manager in a NHS dementia home that deal with people private residential homes cannot deal with. 4 weeks ago they were instructed they will only be offering palliative care if anyone gets it and no patient will be transferred to hospital.

Rossfan

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 25, 2020, 09:34:15 AM
Sorry about that. It was just reading about hundreds upon hundreds dying every day struck a chord with me. I must be getting soft ::)
You need to man up like Smurfy.
He'd have made a great SS man.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

6th sam

The High expressed emotion on this thread is unhelpful as it blurs the facts.

It's unfair to portray those that are advocating getting things "back to normal" as insensitive to those that are dying , ruthlessly putting the economy before public health.

This is a major public health challenge and it appears with the under usage of hospitals , we have turned out to be "over-prepared" for a surge of deaths that hasn't  happened. In reality the surge hasn't happened due to the incredible community response. Being over-prepared is an accusation we can tolerate much better than if we were under prepared.

Loads of Statistics have been fired out, but these are meaningless in the absence of appropriate context.
Calm rational debate on contextualising our current and future position, including drilling down the relevance of various statistics , would be much more helpful.

Smurfy123

I meant nothing as in what they normally would be doing
Let me stress all NHS staff are brilliant and are the reason why things seem to be getting better and if one thing positive comes out of this it will be that they get a pay rise straight away.
They are our heroes and deserve all they get

Captain Obvious

Tony Baloney

Second wave? With the amount of people out and about round Arnagh we'll not get out of the first wave. Loads of motorbikes on the roads today too. Just another sunny day.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 25, 2020, 04:38:49 PM
Second wave? With the amount of people out and about round Arnagh we'll not get out of the first wave. Loads of motorbikes on the roads today too. Just another sunny day.

I'd rather skip to the third wave! My belly is getting getting wobbly! I think beer makes you fat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

"The curve has stopped" was mentioned trailer. Not by you granted.

20k plus deaths in the uk in 51 days and 700 plus today. How anyone can say the curve has stopped is beyond me.

52 deaths in the 26 and 377 new confirmed cases and that is just from people they are testing.

Far from over by a long shot though I do think like you say sensible measures need looked at for how we move society on to what I would call a new normal as I don't think what was previously normal can be achieved for a very long time.

Rossfan

True Tommy.
Was looking at an item on hairdressers and reopening on the News.
Perspex screens, protective disposable gowns, gloves, face masks and 2 metre social distancing to be mandatory before they can reopen.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Aaron Boone

Those perspex screens at the supermar are here to stay.

RadioGAAGAA

Before any kind of relaxation of lockdown (which I agree cannot be maintained like this unchanged till a vaccine arrives) - the following must happen:

(1) A weekly testing rate sufficient to diagnose all cases and enable tracing/isolation related to those cases
or
(2) Demonstration of immunity provided, and that immunity prevents onward transmission of a "freshly picked up infection" and a sufficiently accurate anti-body test is developed and used in a testing campaign widespread enough to allow anyone that has antibodies to be released from lockdown. Add this to (1) and it would allow a quicker release.

Otherwise, we are more or less just inviting a much worse second wave.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 25, 2020, 07:37:15 AM
The whole thing from start to finish has been an absolute disgrace
A national scandal and an enquiring should open when this is over
Multiple people need to stand before a judge
On a side note and I'll say it again hospitals are empty up and down the country north and south
The new nightingale hospital has not been used. Time to wake up and smell the coffee. The curve has not only been slowed it has stopped

You really are making a show of yourself. Better to have people think you might be an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Do you think that the measures taken around the world might, just possibly might, have had an influence on how many were infected and how many died?

Explain the disparity in death count among the regions of Italy relative to their population if there is no effect of any measures taken - which is essentially what you are saying.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1099389/coronavirus-deaths-by-region-in-italy/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/617497/resident-population-italy-by-region/
i usse an speelchekor