China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on April 24, 2020, 11:16:59 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 24, 2020, 11:12:32 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 24, 2020, 10:57:45 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 24, 2020, 09:58:39 AM
Screenexile what do you think should be the way forward here?
Now saying as we won't have a vaccine for at least 2 years. At least
Keep shops closed - No shops should be able to manage social distancing within guidelines
Stay indoors not necessarily but there should be some guidelines
No sports depends on the sport... team sports probably shouldn't happen/swimming
No schools I think schools need to be opened for next year but need guidance from doctors on the risks and how to mitigate
No mass no mass people are well able to pray at home and watch masses online if they have to
No work we need to get back to work but work conditions have to change

1/3 of all deaths in the north happened in the confined spaces of carehomes even though they were closed 2 weeks before lockdown. Yes age is a factor

The curve has well and truly flattened to the extent that hospitals are quiet compared to what they normally are

I'm not saying we need to lockdown indefinitely it's just not feasible but trailer making up shit isn't helping!

Making what up? What you mean it isn't helping? Do you think the CMO is logging on to check out the views of the posters on this board?

Making up that more people will die from causes of lockdown than the actual Coronavirus. It's not true you made it up so admit you made it up.

It's nothing to do with CMO it's well known that lots of people think shit they read on the internet is true when it isn't. . .

By all means say you'd prefer the lockdown was lifted but don't magic up untruths to try and back up your point!!

I didn't make it up. It's true. There's a direct correlation between unemployment and the death rate.
The effect on the populations mental health and well being will be felt for years to come.
Coronavirus is not going away. We must live with it. This lockdown is not a solution. These are the facts and to ignore them is foolish.

marty34

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 24, 2020, 10:19:05 AM
Have to agree with Trailer
Out of the 276 deaths in the north 233 were over 75
Let's take steps to help the old and vulnerable
It's a national scandal that the care homes were not sorted first
They should have moved them into hotels when hotels closed
Straight away

Did you suggest that at the time...or is hindsight a wonderful thing?

JohnDenver

Quote from: trailer on April 24, 2020, 11:30:06 AM
Keep shops closed - No shops should be able to manage social distancing within guidelines
No sports depends on the sport... team sports probably shouldn't happen/swimming
No schools I think schools need to be opened for next year but need guidance from doctors on the risks and how to mitigate
No mass no mass people are well able to pray at home and watch masses online if they have to

1/3 of all deaths in the north happened in the confined spaces of carehomes even though they were closed 2 weeks before lockdown. Yes age is a factor

The curve has well and truly flattened to the extent that hospitals are quiet compared to what they normally are

I'm not saying we need to lockdown indefinitely it's just not feasible but trailer making up shit isn't helping!

Making what up? What you mean it isn't helping? Do you think the CMO is logging on to check out the views of the posters on this board?

Making up that more people will die from causes of lockdown than the actual Coronavirus. It's not true you made it up so admit you made it up.

It's nothing to do with CMO it's well known that lots of people think shit they read on the internet is true when it isn't. . .

By all means say you'd prefer the lockdown was lifted but don't magic up untruths to try and back up your point!!

I didn't make it up. It's true. There's a direct correlation between unemployment and the death rate.
The effect on the populations mental health and well being will be felt for years to come.
Coronavirus is not going away. We must live with it. This lockdown is not a solution. These are the facts and to ignore them is foolish.

I'm very much in agreement with screenexile, Trailer is full of shit and scaremongering.  Posting opinions as facts.

I'd be more worried about the direct correlation between COVID-19 and death rate for now. The lockdown is giving time to come up with solutions to be able to manage the spread, and also to plan how to start to lessen the lockdown so that we aren't caught up in another surge over time.

johnnycool

Anyone hear that both Edwin Poots and Jeffrey Donaldson have lost their respective fathers due to Corona Virus?

screenexile

Of course there is but you said it would kill more people than the virus. . . you made that up!!

I'm fairly sure that with the best medical and scientific minds across the world calling for a lockdown they would have these figures to hand and calculated that a lockdown would result in less deaths overall from COVID/Unemployment etc. than continuing things as normal!!

Smurfy123

Some great replies screen
And yes I agree with all
It didn't take a genius to realise who where the most vulnerable people. It was all over the news so yes I did say nursing homes would be hit badly.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: johnnycool on April 24, 2020, 11:51:23 AM
Anyone hear that both Edwin Poots and Jeffrey Donaldson have lost their respective fathers due to Corona Virus?

If it was Coronavirus they didn't mention that - it was stated he died of a long illness a few days ago.

armaghniac

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 24, 2020, 10:19:05 AM
They should have moved them into hotels when hotels closed
Straight away

They should have moved who into hotels?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

The elderly in nursing homes
As soon as hotels closed straight in

imtommygunn

Is that not just moving the problem from a nursing home to a hotel?? What would that achieve?

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on April 24, 2020, 11:52:41 AM

Of course there is but you said it would kill more people than the virus. . . you made that up!!

I'm fairly sure that with the best medical and scientific minds across the world calling for a lockdown they would have these figures to hand and calculated that a lockdown would result in less deaths overall from COVID/Unemployment etc. than continuing things as normal!!

OK. Lets look at what the best medical and scientific minds across the world have said...

WHO - No human to human transmission, travel bans don't work. The WHO actually praised China for its transparency. They got the initial response wrong.
UK - CMO advised Herd immunity. Initially advised because they used a Flu infection model and not a Covid-19 which is much higher. This is like the time someone forgot to switch hawkeye from football to hurling mode. Clowns. Amateur hour. And it wasn't ministers doing this, it was the so called best medical and scientific minds.
The UK haven't been testing suspected cases. They've no idea of the picture. How can we know death or infection rates if we're not testing? No one can explain this. No matter how the death rate is worked out it cannot be accurate.
It's known this effects elderly more than the young, yet as someone pointed out the virus is running rife in our care homes. They knew this and couldn't put measures in place to stop it.
Not enough tests. Not enough PPE. Unprepared yet we should've know from Feb. Days lost. It wasn't Matt Hancock or Robin Swann taking the steps. Remember guided by the science. Wankers couldn't run a bath never-mind a response to a pandemic that they were supposed to be prepared for.
Worldwide - countries can't even agree on how to count the cases or deaths.

So excuse me if I take with a pinch of salt what the best medical and scientific minds across the world are saying. The game is up. People see this bullshit for what it is. Lives ruined. Careers ruined. Untold damage to the economy and mental health.

Smurfy123

More room. You would have them spread out over the hotel. Lives are being lost with the close proximity of rooms in nursing homes

Smurfy123

And trailer has hit the nail on the head
People are starting to see through this bullshit scientists advise
They made a balls up and are trying to cover themselves

imtommygunn

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 24, 2020, 12:21:34 PM
More room. You would have them spread out over the hotel. Lives are being lost with the close proximity of rooms in nursing homes

What difference would close proximity of rooms make if they were isolating and staying in the rooms? Any nursing home I've ever been to it hasn't been like the old people are going mad visiting each others rooms. They sit in communal areas and then they go to their rooms.

Then how would they get up the stairs lol. Everyone takes the lift separately. Then what if people have touched the lift buttons etc etc.

Has it been said that the close proximity of rooms in nursing homes is causing the issue here or is that your take on it?

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2020, 12:31:57 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 24, 2020, 12:21:34 PM

What difference would close proximity of rooms make if they were isolating and staying in the rooms? Any nursing home I've ever been to it hasn't been like the old people are going mad visiting each others rooms. They sit in communal areas and then they go to their rooms.

Then how would they get up the stairs lol. Everyone takes the lift separately. Then what if people have touched the lift buttons etc etc.

Has it been said that the close proximity of rooms in nursing homes is causing the issue here or is that your take on it?

I think the idea is to divide the population of the care home up. Not move it in it's entirety to one hotel, but divide it in 4 say and move to 3 hotels.