China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

The biggest letdown is the bbc. Journalism in the uk is more or less dead and this illustrates it.

Orior

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 12, 2020, 04:10:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2020, 03:41:57 PM
Quote from: lenny on April 12, 2020, 03:37:41 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2020, 03:24:09 PM
All these comparisons are absolutely futile. London has almost 10 million residents made up of people from all parts of the globe, higher population density, massive public transport network, has 2 major international airport hubs etc. etc. It's like me comparing the cases in Armagh to those in Dublin. A load of balls.

Comparisons are not futile at all. Germany has several large cities of over a million and with plenty of immigrants. They also have a larger population than the uk. They have many, many fewer deaths. That is enough to show the uk have handled this crisis very poorly.

Jesus lads, seriously? Tell us one more time they've handled it poorly!

Did anyone seriously think the UK would handle it well with Boris in charge likewise the USA with Trump?

Trump is more worried about his rating, than about the number of deaths.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Orior on April 12, 2020, 06:17:36 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 12, 2020, 04:10:03 PM
All these comparisons are absolutely futile. London has almost 10 million residents made up of people from all parts of the globe, higher population density, massive public transport network, has 2 major international airport hubs etc. etc. It's like me comparing the cases in Armagh to those in Dublin. A load of balls.

Comparisons are not futile at all. Germany has several large cities of over a million and with plenty of immigrants. They also have a larger population than the uk. They have many, many fewer deaths. That is enough to show the uk have handled this crisis very poorly.

Did anyone seriously think the UK would handle it well with Boris in charge likewise the USA with Trump?

Trump is more worried about his rating, than about the number of deaths.
Yes apparently he's getting higher ratings than the season finale of the Bachelor  ::)

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2020, 04:19:48 PM
America is bolloxed. Just seen their line on the cases and deaths graph on the BBC.

Eric Lipton

@EricLiptonNYT

As part of our reporting, The NYT obtained hundreds of emails among a group of the top pandemic experts in the US--doctors at HHS, DHS, State, VA, as well as former gov drs--as they watched the pandemic unfold in the United States. Here are some of their observations.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1249012275681337345

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on April 12, 2020, 05:53:22 PM

I know you are a closet admirer of British rule but the purpose of that twitter post was to point out how the British media has done nothing to point out the facts of what has happened, to put pressure on their government to improve. It is still very relevant. For example, you have to dig a bit to find the total deaths in the UK on a particular day, yet a few weeks ago when Italy was really in the shit the BBC and others had their deaths sprayed across the top of their home pages. The British media are not holding their government to account which is pathetic, even by their very low standards.

I've seen plenty of quotes and watched plenty news were people in the UK have stated the same facts that have been pointed out infinity on here, that horse bolted after the allowing of PL games and the lower divisions, the CL game in Liverpool and Cheltenham! The herd immunity thing was more bullshit but the horse had bolted, the BBC is no different to FOX news and most media owners will dictate what's said based on their own needs!

The tweets won't change any course of this, it's a blame game which is totally meaningless, the lockdown is going into fourth week on Tuesday, not much more you can do really. But sure carry on with it. Don't forget to remind me about how inept the Brits are please. In case I forget ;D

As for your dig on bring a closet admirer of the brits that would fit well with you free staters when yas abandoned the North, but hey, I'm as Irish you.  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The bbc is very different to Fox News. You, and I, presumably pay a license fee to them. They are more or less a "state" broadcaster. Fox News are not.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 12, 2020, 06:52:51 PM
The bbc is very different to Fox News. You, and I, presumably pay a license fee to them. They are more or less a "state" broadcaster. Fox News are not.

The BBC should be impartial and as a person who pays a licence fee I have a place where I can register a complaint with, whether anything is done on that is another thing, I personally wouldn't watch too much news, channel four news for me or local.

Why would I want to watch the news though when all the experts are on here with up to date accurate news and links towards it? It's non biased and allows for different views to be aired and debated.  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Fox News republican, cnn democrat, openly. Very interesting to read both daily

screenexile

Interesting to see Hannity go off on one against CNN WaPo today after bring so badly caught out he has absolutely no shame the ****!!

CNN are no angels either but there's something about Hannity maybe it's the used car salesman thing but he has one of those faces that's pure slime... a lot like Trump to be fair.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2020, 07:03:31 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 12, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

The BBC should be impartial and as a person who pays a licence fee I have a place where I can register a complaint with, whether anything is done on that is another thing, I personally wouldn't watch too much news, channel four news for me or local.

Why would I want to watch the news though when all the experts are on here with up to date accurate news and links towards it? It's non biased and allows for different views to be aired and debated.  ::)

I remember when the BBC referred to the British forces in the Falklands war as "them" and said "if they are to be believed." They took a lot of heat for it at the time, but it was a good bit of neutral journalism IMHO. I doubt if they'd do it today. I've always found it a bit jarring when American news networks refer to US forces as "our troops" as if it's a football match they're reporting on.

Saffrongael

This is like the General Electook thread, some on here want the UK to be the leading country when it comes to deaths from Covid19 just to say I told you about those nasty Tories. It's really peculiar
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 12, 2020, 07:57:45 PM
This is like the General Electook thread, some on here want the UK to be the leading country when it comes to deaths from Covid19 just to say I told you about those nasty Tories. It's really peculiar

Really?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 12, 2020, 09:25:18 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on April 12, 2020, 07:57:45 PM

Really?

You can't see this?

bennydorano

There is a very obvious and unhealthy obsession with some wanting the Brits to fail in everything they do, even some expert opinion seems inclined towards it.