China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: thebigfella on April 09, 2020, 05:26:17 PM

Wtf should they need to stay open for all these gobshites that can't stay at home? Staff in there are already at a higher risk keeping these places running for the people who are deemed essential.

There appears to be a small minority of people cannot get it through their heads, if it's a not essential they need to stay the fcuk home as instructed. It's not heavy handed, it's a reaction to the selfishness of a this small minority and they only have themselves to blame.

The same cnuts are queued up at the shops every day with kids in tow etc... why can't they get enough to keep everyone at home or why can't one parent stay at home while the other goes to the shop. There are queues down the road to the shops because families of 6 are treating grocery shopping as exercise  ::)

When we are out the other end, society won't forget these bell-ends.

It is heavy handed. In fact, it's martial law in all but name. Good luck recovering your civil liberties from Fine Gael when this is all over.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 05:28:35 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on April 09, 2020, 05:26:17 PM

Wtf should they need to stay open for all these gobshites that can't stay at home? Staff in there are already at a higher risk keeping these places running for the people who are deemed essential.

There appears to be a small minority of people cannot get it through their heads, if it's a not essential they need to stay the fcuk home as instructed. It's not heavy handed, it's a reaction to the selfishness of a this small minority and they only have themselves to blame.

The same cnuts are queued up at the shops every day with kids in tow etc... why can't they get enough to keep everyone at home or why can't one parent stay at home while the other goes to the shop. There are queues down the road to the shops because families of 6 are treating grocery shopping as exercise  ::)

When we are out the other end, society won't forget these bell-ends.

It is heavy handed. In fact, it's martial law in all but name. Good luck recovering your civil liberties from Fine Gael when this is all over.

This is quite simply a life and death matter that we can have a positive impact on by adhering to the guidelines.

Civil liberties should be way down the list of what is important at the minute.

You seem to feel quite entitled.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

five points

Quote from: Angelo on April 09, 2020, 05:46:58 PM

This is quite simply a life and death matter that we can have a positive impact on by adhering to the guidelines.

Threats to civil liberties are always painted as 'life and death matters.' And those who object are always vilified.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 05:50:42 PM

Threats to civil liberties are always painted as 'life and death matters.' And those who object are always vilified.

This is a life and death matter and we are all responsible for how we can limit the casualties.

Unless your journey is essential, you should not be on the road and if you are then you should meet the full penalties of the law for being so self-centred, reckless and arrogant in these times.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

five points

Quote from: Angelo on April 09, 2020, 06:15:21 PM
This is a life and death matter and we are all responsible for how we can limit the casualties.

Unless your journey is essential, you should not be on the road and if you are then you should meet the full penalties of the law for being so self-centred, reckless and arrogant in these times.

I'm with you if and when you also call for arrests over what's been happening in hospitals and nursing homes.

RedHand88

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 05:50:42 PM

Oh get over yourself. Those breaking the guidelines are killing people. 700-800 people are dying in Britain with this Every. Single. Day. Get that into your skull.
Everyone is making sacrifices, my wedding/honeymoon is being completely disrupted. I am ok with that as it's for the greater societal good.

five points

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 09, 2020, 06:19:06 PM

Oh get over yourself. Those breaking the guidelines are killing people. 700-800 people are dying in Britain with this Every. Single. Day. Get that into your skull.
Everyone is making sacrifices, my wedding/honeymoon is being completely disrupted. I am ok with that as it's for the greater societal good.

A cop in Britain spoke today of examining shoppers' supermarket trollies to ensure they weren't buying anything non-essential.

How that aids the greater societal good is beyond me.

J70

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 06:18:17 PM

I'm with you if and when you also call for arrests over what's been happening in hospitals and nursing homes.

What's going on inside hospitals and nursing homes that warrants arrests?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 05:28:35 PM

Oh away and wise up.

Yeah, in a perfect world making a journey around Ireland in your car would be fine as long as you'd a big enough and full fuel tank at the start and enough tae and ham sandwiches to keep you.

We all know that its only a matter of time before that approach goes wrong and then someone has spread the thing.

If everyone were able to operate under a perfect lockdown, this thing would be over in 4 weeks. But, aside from essential workers that put themselves at risk, it'll be people like you who continue to present new hosts to the virus that will allow it to endure.
i usse an speelchekor

five points

Quote from: J70 on April 09, 2020, 06:26:03 PM

What's going on inside hospitals and nursing homes that warrants arrests?

Read back a page or two.

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 09, 2020, 06:27:10 PM
[If everyone were able to operate under a perfect lockdown, this thing would be over in 4 weeks. But, aside from essential workers that put themselves at risk, it'll be people like you who continue to present new hosts to the virus that will allow it to endure.

People like me? I'm going nowhere.

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on April 09, 2020, 10:12:44 AM
Would be interesting to see a similar chart with % of population from those areas in critical care

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

I would agree with arrests if that is true - its utterly ludicrous that folks can be working a shift in a COVID ward in the morning and in a nursing home that evening.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 06:30:37 PM
[If everyone were able to operate under a perfect lockdown, this thing would be over in 4 weeks. But, aside from essential workers that put themselves at risk, it'll be people like you who continue to present new hosts to the virus that will allow it to endure.

You wanting to or advocating others go somewhere.
i usse an speelchekor

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 09, 2020, 06:32:40 PM
Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 06:30:37 PM

You wanting to or advocating others go somewhere.

No, people have all sorts of valid and pressing reasons for travelling at any given time. I tend to be suspicious of 'hang em and flog em' mobs.