China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

What date did they say the South was going to have their Peak?

If the ICU beds are full in Dublin are you unable to go elsewhere if other hospitals have free ICU beds?

Has the Irish government purchased more ventilators from the company in Galway?

Getting regular messages now of people contacting the virus or dying! Also ones being told that they won't get a ventilator if required!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 08, 2020, 08:32:28 AM
I had heard that in Italy it started off that if you were over 75 you wouldn't get a ventilator but then with so many cases that ended up down at 40(a few weeks ago so may have lowered)  :(

Very sad for someone to live their life so long and then to die just like that and when you look at how the UK have handled it thus far it has been very poor as you'd expect from Johnston and Cummings. Very little care for people like the elderly.

Where are you getting this info from?

Aaron Boone

Wuhan relaxed its lockdwn this week after 11 weeks, so still a bit to go for us.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 08, 2020, 08:58:17 AM
I had heard that in Italy it started off that if you were over 75 you wouldn't get a ventilator but then with so many cases that ended up down at 40(a few weeks ago so may have lowered)  :(

Very sad for someone to live their life so long and then to die just like that and when you look at how the UK have handled it thus far it has been very poor as you'd expect from Johnston and Cummings. Very little care for people like the elderly.

Where are you getting this info from?

It was a workmate who's brother told him. I would tend to trust him though it does sound extreme but these doctors I know from another source in England have to make decisions and there has to be some criteria applied.

Wee Roddy

The Italy statistic is incorrect. There always are some seriously inaccurate statistic being reported by the press but it seems now that there is nothing else to report on they just make up what they want.

imtommygunn

If you know it to be incorrect then do you know what's correct though? (That is not a dig I would genuinely be interested as my "source" wasn't the media)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 08, 2020, 09:01:57 AM
Wuhan relaxed its lockdwn this week after 11 weeks, so still a bit to go for us.

Wuhan has 11 million odd people in it and was the centre of the outbreak though. By density and geography (Lack of Chinese New Year movement also) you'd hope that we can avoid what other countries are experiencing by comparison.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 08, 2020, 09:37:44 AM

Wuhan has 11 million odd people in it and was the centre of the outbreak though. By density and geography (Lack of Chinese New Year movement also) you'd hope that we can avoid what other countries are experiencing by comparison.

Are we at the point were the impact of Cheltenham and not stopping flights from the likes of Italy (cancelled rugby match) is starting to hit?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2020, 09:41:27 AM

Are we at the point were the impact of Cheltenham and not stopping flights from the likes of Italy (cancelled rugby match) is starting to hit?

Has to have had some sort of impact for sure - similarly Liverpool area had a spike in cases due to the Athletico fans attending a game.

In addition to this our airports are still open with minimal screening  :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on April 08, 2020, 09:52:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2020, 09:41:27 AM

Has to have had some sort of impact for sure - similarly Liverpool area had a spike in cases due to the Athletico fans attending a game.

In addition to this our airports are still open with minimal screening  :o

Still open? I take it that's just to bring back the stranded? I'm sure most of them would have been home by now or stayed?

Though I'd imagine they would have to self isolate for 2 weeks on arrival

screenexile

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 08, 2020, 10:06:11 AM
https://www.dublinairport.com/flight-information/live-arrivals

https://www.airportia.com/united-kingdom/belfast-international-airport/arrivals/

Not too many but a reasonable few flights.

Irish advice is if you're coming in from anywhere not the North you have to self isolate for 2 weeks. Not sure about the UK advice.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Rois on April 08, 2020, 08:56:33 AM
The ventilator age limit in the north is/will be 70.  Frightening, when I consider that my parents are past that limit.

Where did you get that from?

One of wives friends is ICU - and I'd heard via that it was 58...  :-\
i usse an speelchekor

Rois

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 08, 2020, 10:15:31 AM
The ventilator age limit in the north is/will be 70.  Frightening, when I consider that my parents are past that limit.

The font of all knowledge for me on this - my sister (consultant in the Ulster but not in ICU, taking part in daily briefings on it but perhaps a day behind).  I thought 70 was scary enough, but 58...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on April 08, 2020, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 08, 2020, 10:15:31 AM

The font of all knowledge for me on this - my sister (consultant in the Ulster but not in ICU, taking part in daily briefings on it but perhaps a day behind).  I thought 70 was scary enough, but 58...

Why is age being used as a reason?